Author Topic: Get Ready for another Ride!  (Read 8891 times)

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
I think the peg will work well. From regulatory perspective, I'm not sure how it will play out, very gray area. Sounds like I3 has done their homework, but remains to be seen what new rulings may come out of this experiment.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Quote from: Shentist
do you not?

I want to believe. I feel as though I don't know enough about market dynamics to come to any sort of educated conclusion. However, I do know that if this little experiment works out and BitAssets hold their pegs, BTSX is going to skyrocket in value. Solving the volatility issue is the holy grail and (in my opinion) the only thing holding crypto back from achieving new highs.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
The kind of volumes BTSX consistently does is incredible

Excl. Bitcoin & Litecoin we sometimes do like today more volume than everyone else combined.

But, but empir...didnt you hear...bitUSD is "broken"! Its allllll over for us!  :P

:) I hope this ride won't be too big though. I think it's a fair price for where the code seems to be atm.

My feeling now is I'd like to see BTSX consolidate below the 80-85 Million CAP until there's a more stable, bug free version.

And then only see it make a big move to overtake LiteCoin when there's a more robust, decentralised BitAsset system, because if we take the no.2 spot (with the spotlight that brings) in place, given the kind of volumes we already see, it might sound crazy but I actually think this can go to Bitcoin territory < 4 months after that.

Do you guys think the BitAsset pegs will work out (mostly) as planned?

do you not?

if you tell the people it is worth 1 USD it will in the long run be worth 1 USD plus/minus advantages or disadvantages against holding USD directly. Actually i expect bitUSD will be a little bit more worth then USD.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

Excl. Bitcoin & Litecoin we sometimes do like today more volume than everyone else combined.

But, but empir...didnt you hear...bitUSD is "broken"! Its allllll over for us!  :P

:) I hope this ride won't be too big though. I think it's a fair price for where the code seems to be atm.

My feeling now is I'd like to see BTSX consolidate below the 80-85 Million CAP until there's a more stable, bug free version.

And then only see it make a big move to overtake LiteCoin when there's a more robust, decentralised BitAsset system, because if we take the no.2 spot (with the spotlight that brings) in place, given the kind of volumes we already see, it might sound crazy but I actually think this can go to Bitcoin territory < 4 months after that.

Do you guys think the BitAsset pegs will work out (mostly) as planned?

Offline fuzzy

doesn't sound crazy at all...
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

That can only mean one thing.. and it is very bullish. Well its hard to pinpoint a true value because there is no supply daily... whereas in a normal coin you can find a safe resting level by knowing the average volume and the amount of supply daily and find which coins are overbought or oversold based on that volume.. with btsx you don't... so its tricky.. it does kind of create bubble thinking when you read about the burning of coins which speculators love. So supply is being reduced only and no miners to sell on a daily basis..
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline fuzzy

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 02:35:41 am by Empirical1 »

Offline fuzzy

Hahaha, nobody sell to exchanges this time,

ONLY BITUSD ALLOWED

+5%

Offline lucky331

• View Profile

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Hahaha, nobody sell to exchanges this time,

ONLY BITUSD ALLOWED

Offline Riverhead

Maybe my pre-pause short will pay off :P.  I might make $10 lol

Offline JA

• View Profile
And i can't short BitUSD  :'(

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
As I mentioned here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7714.msg105473#msg105473

I expect we go to at least 0.000072

Watch those levels closely.