Author Topic: SuperNetworks  (Read 8638 times)

Offline bytemaster

BitShares hasn't done any pumping. That requires selling on the news, which they've assured they don't do. The more you interact with the BitShares people, the greater your trust and respect will become. They could have cashed out long ago and bought a tropical island, but instead they're in this to change the economic system and improve peoples' lives.

I'm also not convinced that the Super network guy is a pumper. He could have walked away with millions already. Perhaps he wants billions first and will dump at that point. But I think there's a legitimate chance he may be trying to create something better, too. I just don't think his network is going to change that much. We can watch how people use it and then judge.

If this network is allowing coins to combine their best features, then hasn't that already been done? It's called cloning. One developer comes up with a cool new feature and it's open source. A month later, other coins that want it have implemented it, too. Aside from sharing scale, what does this network allow coins to do that they cannot already do?

Even if we sold out everything we own at the highest price to date, a small island beyond our means it is. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
BitShares hasn't done any pumping. That requires selling on the news, which they've assured they don't do. The more you interact with the BitShares people, the greater your trust and respect will become. They could have cashed out long ago and bought a tropical island, but instead they're in this to change the economic system and improve peoples' lives.

I'm also not convinced that the Super network guy is a pumper. He could have walked away with millions already. Perhaps he wants billions first and will dump at that point. But I think there's a legitimate chance he may be trying to create something better, too. I just don't think his network is going to change that much. We can watch how people use it and then judge.

If this network is allowing coins to combine their best features, then hasn't that already been done? It's called cloning. One developer comes up with a cool new feature and it's open source. A month later, other coins that want it have implemented it, too. Aside from sharing scale, what does this network allow coins to do that they cannot already do?

chryspano

Well, guys, BTSX does its own good share of pumping with the IPO funds per Dan's words, doesn't it? Now it's NXT's turn, why can't NXT do the same? ;D

AFAIK the "IPO funds" that was going to "pump" BTSX was less than the daily trading volume BTER has in btc, this is less than 20% of the total daily trading volume. 

EDIT
Even if they decided to spend all the funds in one day it would be less than 20% of the total trading volume in that particular day and that's it, it's insulting to talk about "pumping" with a tiny amount as this.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 09:20:49 am by chryspano »

Offline fuzzy

The interesting thing is I sit back and examine my own cognitive biases, being a Bitshares fanboy etc. 

Am I lacking in objectivity? 

Is this really as crazy as it seems ? 

I really trust your analyses TonyK, which are just as harsh on Bitshares products as anything else... but still..  I'm just like uhhhh what.  This must be why NXT price has started to grow significantly again.  Either that or maybe it is rebounding after sell off to diversify into Ether or BTSX ?

Yes, I think your nailed it there!

It is actually pretty easy thing to do, if you follow the main principals:
- direct you criticism towards ideas, not people;
- trust your guts, more than your brain;
- be prepared to ridicule yourself, and do it harsher than any of your opponents, whenever you find flows in your logic/reasoning.

It does help if you have the IQ score of Albert Einstein (165), as you probably do gamey. Speaking of IQ scores what is your best guess about BM's IQ score? It should be hitting the 180 mark (best guess).

PS
 As NXT goes, it would have been the best crypto around if we hadn't got the lucky chance to have BM born.

+5%
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline racingdude

• View Profile
Well, guys, BTSX does its own good share of pumping with the IPO funds per Dan's words, doesn't it? Now it's NXT's turn, why can't NXT do the same? ;D

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

The interesting thing is I sit back and examine my own cognitive biases, being a Bitshares fanboy etc. 

I really trust your analyses TonyK, which are just as harsh on Bitshares products as anything else... but still..  I'm just like uhhhh what.  This must be why NXT price has started to grow significantly again.  Either that or maybe it is rebounding after sell off to diversify into Ether or BTSX ?

Yes, I think your nailed it there!

It is actually pretty easy thing to do, if you follow the main principals:
- direct you criticism towards ideas, not people;
- trust your guts, more than your brain;
- be prepared to ridicule yourself, and do it harsher than any of your opponents, whenever you find flows in your logic/reasoning.

It does help if you have the IQ score of Albert Einstein (165), as you probably do gamey. Speaking of IQ scores what is your best guess about BM's IQ score? It should be hitting the 180 mark (best guess).

PS
 As NXT goes, it would have been the best crypto around if we hadn't got the lucky chance to have BM born.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
@gamey
You for should not read this stuff. If you need to invest in some great fund, you can send me your USD, BTC, NXT, bitBTC, bitUSD, even your BTSX.

After one year I will return all of your funds to you with a 5% return on investment (bare minimum). If I feel lucky/generous and the circumstances do not require me to act otherwise I promise to even share 50% of my gains.

I promise to also invest  only in the most promising crypto around.

:) :) :)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 07:38:51 am by tonyk »

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I know I am being lazy, but 50 pages of a thread is not something I care to read.  I am deeply curious about such things as I try to keep an understanding on what is going on in the crypto-equity world.  Is it really just another asset on NXT exchange ?

In case you haven't seen it here is his whitepaper where he tries to summarize it lol...  http://www.weebly.com/uploads/3/8/5/6/38564127/supernet.pdf

TYVM.  I'm still reading this.  It is literally some crazy ass stuff.  There is a reference to someone "buying" technology that is some guy's consulting on how to avoid double spend attacks with NXT.  Apparently this "technology" is part of SuperNet and what you get with the purchase of the NXT asset.

After jl777 bought this "technology" he can now create the next satoshi dice with unconfirmed transactions.

I really can't continue reading. 

It is like....  I am a core dev on a coin.  I claim to know how to prevent double spends and thus decrease confirmation times to help people get their gambling fix.  So instead of talking about "technology",  I offer it up as auction and now it all at once has value ?!  It isn't even code.  Is the blockchain protocol still not documented well enough to figure this crap out?  Bah.

edit - actually this isn't even part of the asset.  The asset is somehow claimed to be backed by all these other assets which provide services.  What a headache trying to figure out what is actually being sold.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 07:30:18 am by gamey »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

All bs aside, is this really not a technical solution to some nonexistent problem ?

I skimmed through it but when I saw hype and not technical talk, I just moved on.

Is this really not a development project ? 

Is he just claiming there will be a "supernetwork" of coins of his choosing?   What is the glue that adds value to this ?

.... Is this what explains why NXT has started to rise again ??  Is it just another asset to replace NEM which is no longer issuing new NEMStakes ?  If I am correct, NEMStakes drove NXT to highest market cap.

I know I am being lazy, but 50 pages of a thread is not something I care to read.  I am deeply curious about such things as I try to keep an understanding on what is going on in the crypto-equity world.  Is it really just another asset on NXT exchange ?

200 BTSX to anyone can succinctly explain what this he is selling without using an animal metaphor.

I believe I did explained it already -"He is selling himself/his investing generousness (if this is a word))".

Send my tip to Xeroc or Claines - the best 2 community projects, IMHO.

jaran

In case you haven't seen it here is his whitepaper where he tries to summarize it lol...  http://www.weebly.com/uploads/3/8/5/6/38564127/supernet.pdf

Offline gamey

• View Profile

All bs aside, is this really not a technical solution to some nonexistent problem ?

I skimmed through it but when I saw hype and not technical talk, I just moved on.

Is this really not a development project ? 

Is he just claiming there will be a "supernetwork" of coins of his choosing?   What is the glue that adds value to this ?

.... Is this what explains why NXT has started to rise again ??  Is it just another asset to replace NEM which is no longer issuing new NEMStakes ?  If I am correct, NEMStakes drove NXT to highest market cap.

200 BTSX to anyone can succinctly explain what this he is selling without using an animal metaphor.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I love you guys.  15 minutes later after posting and I get a pig farmer analogy that clears it all up.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Let me guess.

Some one pump several NXT-AE Assets.Because nearly all of the NXT-AE volume is too low (even the star product NEM),pumping would be easy.Some of the assets are even his.
Before he pumps,he post a thread: xxx is gonna rise,watch me !I'm Buying!!!

Then ....After ten assets...wow,everyone knows he is a a smart investor with great track record,9 wins,only 1lost.

So,he go to his final game : I'm really good at investing ...You should give me your money to invest .

It's a typical wall-street scam investment trick.....

:P Just a crazy guess.

I hear this.  I won't publicly make an opinion because I still don't get what he is trying to do.  Is it like cross-chain trading with all the involved altcoins?  Is it more like a distributed exchange ?

I guess I could read jl777's posts in that thread and maybe discern what exactly he is doing. I skimmed the whole thing and just really don't get it. 

The thing about supporting all these coins means that you are dependent on the coind's of all the participants.  This is where your problem occurs.  This can't be done in a decentralized manner.  So what is he proposing ??!?

Your are too polite to say this yourself, so let me try this for you - "I, James (aka jl777) am the best developer and financier, in so many ways better than Warren Buffett!"

what is truly funny for me, he is pretty much outright saying that if he has 10% of a coin, he can pretty much 'control' its price. But so can I, btw.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 06:17:31 am by tonyk »

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Let me guess.

Some one pump several NXT-AE Assets.Because nearly all of the NXT-AE volume is too low (even the star product NEM),pumping would be easy.Some of the assets are even his.
Before he pumps,he post a thread: xxx is gonna rise,watch me !I'm Buying!!!

Then ....After ten assets...wow,everyone knows he is a a smart investor with great track record,9 wins,only 1lost.

So,he go to his final game : I'm really good at investing ...You should give me your money to invest .

It's a typical wall-street scam investment trick.....

:P Just a crazy guess.

I hear this.  I won't publicly make an opinion because I still don't get what he is trying to do.  Is it like cross-chain trading with all the involved altcoins?  Is it more like a distributed exchange ?

I guess I could read jl777's posts in that thread and maybe discern what exactly he is doing. I skimmed the whole thing and just really don't get it. 

The thing about supporting all these coins means that you are dependent on the coind's of all the participants.  This is where your problem occurs.  This can't be done in a decentralized manner.  So what is he proposing ??!?