Author Topic: Either make publishing feeds free or allow delegates to raise pay rates  (Read 1573 times)

Offline Riverhead

Would either of these be possible? (For now I'll just override the minimum fee)

When you override the fee does the feed still get published? I have mine set to check every twelve hours. The requirement was for only once a day at launch. So for three feeds (BTC, USD, CNY) it costs me a max of 3 BTSX/day. Free would be better but this isn't too bad.

hmm, you're right - I don't think I can't override the fee... I have my set to update when the price changes by >5%, and there are 30 market assets. checking twice a day on 3 assets is probably fine expense wise but isn't scalable to frequent price changes or more assets.
Agreed, it doesn't scale.

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile

When you override the fee does the feed still get published? I have mine set to check every twelve hours. The requirement was for only once a day at launch. So for three feeds (BTC, USD, CNY) it costs me a max of 3 BTSX/day. Free would be better but this isn't too bad.

hmm, you're right - I don't think I can't override the fee... I have my set to update when the price changes by >5%, and there are 30 market assets. checking twice a day on 3 assets is probably fine expense wise but isn't scalable to frequent price changes or more assets.
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
publishing feeds is a good thing and I am not sure what the logic would be to penalize delegates for doing so.......Has their always been a cost for publishing feeds?

Offline Riverhead

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
Now that feeds are important, delegates have to pay 0.5BTSX periodically throughout the day for each currency.

The average delegate is making 85.5 * 2.3 * .86 =169.2 BTSX per day. My delegate is making 29.5 BTSX per day, which is enough to pay for the server. However, if the network needs accurate feeds for BTC, CNY, USD (1.5BTSX per feed update), I'll have to operate at a loss. I set my pay rate not knowing about this expense (and to my own fault, I assumed the pay rate market would be free).

This becomes prohibitive if more feeds are required.

maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true