Author Topic: The Robots Attached to Our Accounts  (Read 3296 times)

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
<------ Personally I liked my mutant...perhaps because I looked like a stoned teenage mutant ninja turtle. The robots are good too.
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
when I crawl the forum I usually directly identify Bytemasters posts by his red slim robot ... only issue I have .. puppies robot looks a little similar on first sight .. :-)

Offline yellowecho

How do you know when its the wrong robot?  You have to remember which is the right one?  Is there something that says "Wrong robot meaning wrong password or typo, or something?

It's like facial recognition.  I instantly recognize my robot.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
What do we mean in terms of robots attached to our accounts?

Each account name has a deterministically generated image of a robot displayed in the wallet for visual confirmation to reduce typos when sending funds to an account.

How does that reduce typos?  Sounds cool though.

People are better at recognizing familiar images quickly than at noticing a misplaced character in a line of text.  If you've worked with the account before, and have thus seen its robot before, then when you mistype the name and see the wrong robot you'll hopefully catch the difference before you click send and give your money to a stranger.

How do you know when its the wrong robot?  You have to remember which is the right one?  Is there something that says "Wrong robot meaning wrong password or typo, or something?

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile

Each account name has a deterministically generated image of a robot displayed in the wallet for visual confirmation to reduce typos when sending funds to an account.

People are better at recognizing familiar images quickly than at noticing a misplaced character in a line of text.  If you've worked with the account before, and have thus seen its robot before, then when you mistype the name and see the wrong robot you'll hopefully catch the difference before you click send and give your money to a stranger.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile

Offline gamey

• View Profile

If people were able to create their own, they would be pointless as a security measure.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline yellowecho

In future versions of BTSX I'd like to see the ability to create your own robot :)

I actually like that each one is unique based on your user name and you can't create your own.. makes each one more special  8)
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline bluebit

• View Profile
In future versions of BTSX I'd like to see the ability to create your own robot :)
BTSX TipMe: bluebit

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
the robots right now like me too,  the monsters before was ugly....

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Sounds like a job for someone with a 3d printer!
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
The algorithm is from robohash.org ... there should be ALOT of them