Author Topic: Buggy and Pending orders  (Read 2007 times)

Offline ElMato

• View Profile
The same happened to me with a BID order.
It got stuck in pending state and after some hours it disappeared and the final balance was ok.
I also tried rebroadcasting the transaction without results.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
My observations (probably useless):

-Last night any transfers over 50K BTSX were real hard to include (1:3 - 1:4 success ratio) with min fee.

-If the transaction is not included immediately (I guess first or next block) the chances of inclusion go down dramatically. My theory here is that if it is older than let say 25 sec, additional calculations (checking) are needed to figure out if it is already included. If you have not coded those(and you are the one that knows if you have done it or not), it simply fails (as by default it must be already included and the delegate just received it late) .
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline bytemaster

The question for me is why they are not included?

Does it have something to do with the fee...or?

Not sure at this point in time....
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

The question for me is why they are not included?

Does it have something to do with the fee...or?
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline bytemaster

All transactions "time out" if they are not included in the blockchain in a timely manner.  This allows the user to know the transaction failed and the funds cannot be withdrawn. 

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

jakub

Two issues in 0.4.10, probably connected with each other:

1. I was trying to transfer some btsx between two accounts. The transfer got stuck with the "pending" status for several hours and then it turned into "expired transaction" (see the above screen-shot). What is going on with this transfer?

2. The account balance is not consistent with the recent transactions balance (see the above screen-shot). Which balance is correct?

I am using 0.4.10 on Windows 7. Reloading and restarting the app did not help. Neither did transaction rescan.

Anyone knows what an "expired transaction" is?

jakub

Two issues in 0.4.10, probably connected with each other:

1. I was trying to transfer some btsx between two accounts. The transfer got stuck with the "pending" status for several hours and then it turned into "expired transaction" (see the above screen-shot). What is going on with this transfer?

2. The account balance is not consistent with the recent transactions balance (see the above screen-shot). Which balance is correct?

I am using 0.4.10 on Windows 7. Reloading and restarting the app did not help. Neither did transaction rescan.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 06:58:45 pm by jakub »

jakub

when you show us screenshots please hidde your
balances for security reasons...  ;)

You're right. Thanks.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
when you show us screenshots please hidde your
balances for security reasons...  ;)

jakub

I have a pending transfer which has been having this "pending" status for 40 minutes now.
The connection is good and the blockchain is fully synced. I'm running a transaction rescan now but I don't expect it to help.
The money left my account and has not arrived to the destination account. Fortunately it's a small amount.

So 0.4.10 is still buggy. I'll be patient and wait till you sort this out but a newcomer will not.
We should definitely stop introducing any new features before all those bugs are gone for good. The market peg can wait. But these bugs, if not addressed really quickly, will just scare people off.

I'm running Windows 7, and this happened after the upgrade from 0.4.9-a to 0.4.10.

UPDATE: After 2 hours the transaction did eventually come through. The rescan did not seem to help, but restarting the app after rescan did help. I am now trying my luck with a second transaction: I got stuck on the "pending" status again and restarting has no effect.

UPDATE2: I did not do anything but it seems to be working now. All transfers are getting through immediately as they should.

UPDATE3: It happened again, something's definitely wrong with it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 12:53:51 pm by jakub »

Offline autumn84

• View Profile
I have the same problem...

Offline nikauforest

• View Profile
ok so after 10-15 minutes the order appears back in the "open orders"

I am not sure why the delay? My client was connected continuously.

Offline nikauforest

• View Profile
Please see this thread . I am having the same issue running 0.4.10

Order stays pending and disappears from the marketplace tab.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=8059.0