Author Topic: Installed 4.0.10 and lost all rank?  (Read 1700 times)

Offline bitsapphire

We do need a better delegates evaluation regime, or a better voting stimulation plan. Currently BM is controlling most of the votes and delegates and making canvassing from community meaningless.  I guess after the wallet is stable, there will be some reform related to DPOS.

I would really like it if others would get out the vote so that my votes do not sway the scales so much.

Probably the voting mechanism will need to change in the future. Voter apathy will be a serious issue in the future and only major stakeholders might have enough incentive to vote. Changing the voting system to a Delegative Democracy might be better for small stakeholders. Furthermore the job of running the delegates should be separated from the delegate fund allocation by a vote. We need more specialization.
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html

Offline maverica

• View Profile
Hello,

Thanks for the great help, this is an awesome community.

From our report here:
http://www.bitsharesblocks.com/delegates/delegate?name=bitsapphire
it shows that we havent been producing new blocks? Or missing them for that matter?
Its pretty odd. The client is up and running and in sync.

Any ideas?

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
We do need a better delegates evaluation regime, or a better voting stimulation plan. Currently BM is controlling most of the votes and delegates and making canvassing from community meaningless.  I guess after the wallet is stable, there will be some reform related to DPOS.

I would really like it if others would get out the vote so that my votes do not sway the scales so much.

The point is we need to find a way to encourage people to vote, so that our system becomes real decentralized. On the other hand, considering the frequent hard fork at this very beta stage, your votes is an advantage.   
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
We do need a better delegates evaluation regime, or a better voting stimulation plan. Currently BM is controlling most of the votes and making canvassing from community meaningless.  I guess after the wallet is stable, there will be some reform related to DPOS.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 10:02:56 pm by ripplexiaoshan »
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline maverica

• View Profile
Hello,

Yesterday I installed 4.0.10 and it went quite smooth. It syncs, I have managed to export wallet and turn on block production.
However today I see that our rank has dropped by -118 and we didnt miss any blocks?

Any idea what might have happened?

Thanks in advance,
-D