Author Topic: Delegate Introduction: alecmenconi  (Read 6488 times)

Offline amencon

• View Profile
Hello, my name is Alec Menconi.

I've been following Bitcoin for 2-3 years now and found out about Bitshares sometime around March.  I'm very excited about the possibilities Bitshares offers and that of DACs in general.  My other interests currently are following Storj and attempting to develop games for VR (I own both development kits for the Oculus Rift).  I live in the US in Arizona and have been there for 5+ years so far.

My day job consists mostly of ASP.NET C# MVC development and I've been working in the computer industry for close to a decade now.
Stack Overflow profile (not terribly active there unfortunately): http://stackoverflow.com/users/1763996/alec-menconi
LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/alec-menconi/47/685/a42

I wanted to thank everyone that voted for my delegate yesterday putting it in the top 101.  Unfortunately I was not expecting to get voted in so fast and I was experimenting with things with my client up and down so I missed a chunk of initial blocks, however after realizing I could produce blocks I've made sure the client stays online and active.

My delegate is up to date and is auto posting price feeds.  I currently have the pay rate set to 20%.  My philosophy here is that for now it is best to return the majority of fees back to the stake holders until the community matures and some consensuses emerge about how users would like their fees to be utilized.  If in the future it looks like a high burn rate is not desirable for whatever reason in relation to other options, I will create a new delegate to match the will of the stakeholders and ask that all votes be transferred to the new delegate.  I do not ever plan to have more than 1 active delegate at a time.

I'd like to help grow this community however I can so please reach out to me if you have a project in the works and are looking for some volunteers.  Also while I appreciate the importance of privacy I am willing to provide proof of who I am if anyone cares to ask for it.  Thank you for the support so far and I hope to continue producing blocks and staying involved with the community long into the future.

nice summary  +5% (+my votes  ;))
Thanks for the support liondani.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

I've been following Bitcoin for 2-3 years now and found out about Bitshares sometime around March.  I'm very excited about the possibilities Bitshares offers and that of DACs in general.  My other interests currently are following Storj and attempting to develop games for VR (I own both development kits for the Oculus Rift).  I live in the US in Arizona and have been there for 5+ years so far.

My day job consists mostly of ASP.NET C# MVC development and I've been working in the computer industry for close to a decade now.
Stack Overflow profile (not terribly active there unfortunately): http://stackoverflow.com/users/1763996/alec-menconi

I wanted to thank everyone that voted for my delegate yesterday putting it in the top 101.  Unfortunately I was not expecting to get voted in so fast and I was experimenting with things with my client up and down so I missed a chunk of initial blocks, however after realizing I could produce blocks I've made sure the client stays online and active.

My delegate is up to date and is auto posting price feeds.  I currently have the pay rate set to 20%.  My philosophy here is that for now it is best to return the majority of fees back to the stake holders until the community matures and some consensuses emerge about how users would like their fees to be utilized.  If in the future it looks like a high burn rate is not desirable for whatever reason in relation to other options, I will create a new delegate to match the will of the stakeholders and ask that all votes be transferred to the new delegate.  I do not ever plan to have more than 1 active delegate at a time.

I'd like to help grow this community however I can so please reach out to me if you have a project in the works and are looking for some volunteers.  Also while I appreciate the importance of privacy I am willing to provide proof of who I am if anyone cares to ask for it.  Thank you for the support so far and I hope to continue producing blocks and staying involved with the community long into the future.

nice summary  +5% (+my votes  ;))

Offline amencon

• View Profile
Sorry guys, missed some blocks due to the "100-year flood" in my area (http://samuel-warde.com/2014/09/phoenix-state-of-emergency/).

Usually power and internet availability is very good.  If problems continue I'll look to see about maybe putting in a longer battery backup or taking it off-site.
oh shit .. hope there are not too many injuries ..
Surprisingly few actually, reports of some deaths and injuries due to submerged vehicles being carried away but I think it could have been a lot worse.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Sorry guys, missed some blocks due to the "100-year flood" in my area (http://samuel-warde.com/2014/09/phoenix-state-of-emergency/).

Usually power and internet availability is very good.  If problems continue I'll look to see about maybe putting in a longer battery backup or taking it off-site.
oh shit .. hope there are not too many injuries ..

Offline amencon

• View Profile

Offline amencon

• View Profile
I've been researching and playing with the octuis rift SDK for a week now. I've also have my hands in the gaming industry. I'm more than willing to team up with you on some basis to grow a VR game. Are you open to teaming up and collaborating on such projects?

I've also been in the Bitcoin industry since 2012. Hope to hearing your thoughts about collaboration.
Hi AJ.  I'd love to team up on a collaborative project. 

Unfortunately I think I broke my Rift in attempting to upgrade to the latest 2.12 firmware.  Initially got an error during firmware update (uninstalled previous runtime and installed latest before this).  It took me a lot of fiddling until powering off the Rift and back on again let me successfully upgrade the firmware, however now I get the "No device attached" error.

Though to be fair I'm early enough in the development process that having the Rift down will likely not slow me down much.

I have Unity Pro activated from my DK1.  I have some C# skills from using it for work for web development.  I'd be totally cool if you had a project in mind and wanted to take lead from a creative standpoint.

I think it's in my profile but feel free to hit me up at menconiusa@yahoo.com anytime to discuss what you'd like to collaborate on building.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
I've been researching and playing with the octuis rift SDK for a week now. I've also have my hands in the gaming industry. I'm more than willing to team up with you on some basis to grow a VR game. Are you open to teaming up and collaborating on such projects?

I've also been in the Bitcoin industry since 2012. Hope to hearing your thoughts about collaboration.
btsx username: ajm - My BitSharesX Teaser video
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DRhwgmNsm9o

Offline amencon

• View Profile
Thanks xeroc and delulo, much appreciated.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline amencon

• View Profile