Author Topic: Was TITAN a bad idea (terribly timed feature)?  (Read 6746 times)

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Given that due to TITAN I lost over 50K BTSX. I'd say yes. (It may be recovered at some point... who knows)

I also think TITAN adds a ton of extra risk. 3 letter agencies absolutely hate privacy. It should've been added after it's used by big businesses.

Note... I found his 50K.  It is not lost due to TITAN.

Admin Bytemaster, I have 34 developments points, do you want me to send them to you, post them on this forum (trying to be formless against our competitors), or (do you want me to stop talking)?

Offline bytemaster

Given that due to TITAN I lost over 50K BTSX. I'd say yes. (It may be recovered at some point... who knows)

I also think TITAN adds a ton of extra risk. 3 letter agencies absolutely hate privacy. It should've been added after it's used by big businesses.

Note... I found his 50K.  It is not lost due to TITAN.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
TITAN provides nothing that cannot be done with Bitcoin, it simply automates it and makes it easier to keep your backups up to date. 

If you backup immediately after creating your wallet, you will never lose any funds with TITAN.  You may lose transaction history details like who you sent your funds to and what the memo was, but you will not lose funds.
For those that lost funds: Please checkout this article I just put online:
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/RecoveringFunds

Xeldal

Can the development team contact me and tell me.

How long does it take, what are the particulars of the development?  I am here if the team needs me.

http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/TITAN
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Main_Page
https://github.com/BitShares

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Well I have 50K BTSX missing in a margin call, send to UNKNOWN. Unless I misunderstood how it works. I put 75K BTSX as margin, and my understanding was that only 33% of that is really exposed, unless liquidity totally sucked.

Margin calls are not TITAN so it seems like you would be blaming the wrong thing here.  Can you post the output of wallet_account_transaction_history (or PM it to me)?

Report sent. It just seems funky. Of 75K short, exactly 50K was "sent to UNKNOWN". that's 2/3 is that what is taken when margin call hits?

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

My answer is unequivocally YES.

I know BM's No.

But what is yours?

If I have 100000 BTC.
I send 0.01 BTC to some guy around my street to buy several pizza.

He can see my 100000 BTC in the blockchain,know that I'm rich.

And some day, he lost he job,have a sick kid, sick wife,mouths to feed .

He can easily kidnap me and ask for my 100000 BTC.

So,do you understand why we need TITAN ?

We need TITAN from what you are saying tbkmcjl. 

Can the development team contact me and tell me.

How long does it take, what are the particulars of the development?  I am here if the team needs me.

Offline bytemaster

TITAN provides nothing that cannot be done with Bitcoin, it simply automates it and makes it easier to keep your backups up to date. 

If you backup immediately after creating your wallet, you will never lose any funds with TITAN.  You may lose transaction history details like who you sent your funds to and what the memo was, but you will not lose funds.

Well I have 50K BTSX missing in a margin call, send to UNKNOWN. Unless I misunderstood how it works. I put 75K BTSX as margin, and my understanding was that only 33% of that is really exposed, unless liquidity totally sucked.

Margin calls are not TITAN so it seems like you would be blaming the wrong thing here.  Can you post the output of wallet_account_transaction_history (or PM it to me)?

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

Ggozzo

How have you guys lost BTSX? Seriously. I am curious. Every account I created, I backed up in multiple ways. I want to know how to avoid that.

Offline GaltReport

You have not lost them... I have 40 to 75K BTSX floating around the blockchain myself, my point is difference thou - BM is spending unnecessary time fixing a 'problem' he had no reason (no benefit) in creating in the first place.

Assume 3 letter agencies already track you. You think they this forum?

This is correct.  i spent years managing 24x7 chat/video streaming channel and spent lots of time dealing with people that were clearly intelligence gathers and provocateurs in addition to the run of the mill trolls and crazies. 

Assume monitoring and trust...yourself. :)

So wait...is it safe to say that these types of people might be, here?  In crypto-land?  Do you think any of them might want to use it as a tool of control? 

Would the NSA have a reason to attempt to coop this tech?  and more importantly...would they?

I'm sure we are safe...and shouldn't ever consider that a possibility...   ;)

Right, it's out of the question.  ;)

Offline fuzzy

You have not lost them... I have 40 to 75K BTSX floating around the blockchain myself, my point is difference thou - BM is spending unnecessary time fixing a 'problem' he had no reason (no benefit) in creating in the first place.

This is correct.  i spent years managing 24x7 chat/video streaming channel and spent lots of time dealing with people that were clearly intelligence gathers and provocateurs in addition to the run of the mill trolls and crazies. 

So wait...is it safe to say that these types of people might be, here?  In crypto-land?  Do you think any of them might want to use it as a tool of control? 

Would the NSA have a reason to attempt to coop this tech?  and more importantly...would they?

I'm sure we are safe...and shouldn't ever consider that a possibility...   ;)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline bitder

• View Profile
I think we should also support transfers to an address.
I see account registration/bootstrapping as an obstacle to btsx adoption and capital inflows into the ecosystem.
(someone who buys btsx on an exchange will now have to register on this forum, potentially giving up some private info in the process, and then ask for funds to register an account)
wallet_account_set_approval delegate.bitder 1

Offline GaltReport

This is correct. i spent years managing 24x7 chat/video streaming channel and spent lots of time dealing with people that were clearly intelligence gathers and provocateurs in addition to the run of the mill hackers, trolls and crazies. 

« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 02:29:31 pm by GaltReport »

Offline bluebit

• View Profile
How do you lose BTSX with Titan?
BTSX TipMe: bluebit