Author Topic: WE'RE HIRING! BitShares is now looking for web developers. Apply here.  (Read 9165 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
eagleeye, that is so funny. You went through the whole thread here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=8047.60 and posted a reply to almost every post!  :o

Welcome! We have to teach you everything about BitShares! You could handle all the  Bitcointalk and Reddit trolls in  2 hours per day.

We just have to make sure the core devs do not get too distracted from their work. I always bite my tongue when I ask something because I feel bad for distracting them for their coding... :)

Did you read the wiki yet? I read it once all. Takes half a day of focused work but is very very much worth it. This is also very informative http://bitshares.org/blog/

Sir, it is the most important thread at the moment (atm).

I do know some of bitshares, I will read more.  Thank   It is the User Interface that needs to be changed specifically the look of the "Market" section, this is for bitUSD.

I looked at www.bitshares.org/blog the user interface needs to be more categorizated vertically.  I have worked on 50 website projects/businesses as well as various different types.
The core client  (incl. bug fixing) and education is most important atm. We need people who understand the basics and can teach others. Therefore reading the two sites I linked above would make a lot of sense. Many of your questions would be redundant then anyways.

I understand graphically user interfaces (the way the page looks) I have been developing them since I was 13/14 years old and with Internet businesses since I was 15/16.
+5%

I am now 28 years old so I have 13 - 15 years experience.
Great. Do you have some work you can show us?

Spys are watching this forum.  I can tell you privately and you can help spread the word.

go to www.archive.org   Then look up all the websites I have worked on.  From the beginning.

All of this is to the best of my knowledge (the dates)

Site Name               Date of Start
www.itempost.net (2001)
www.funnydoodle.com (2002)
www.crazydoodle.com (2002)
www.youfunny.com (2002)
www.animal-funny-pictures.com (I believe Im not sure anymore it was 10 years ago) (2002)
www.2famouslyrics.com  (had 20,000 - 50,000 people a day at its peak.) (2003/2004)
www.thelyricssite.com (2003/2004)
www.theflashgames.com (had 20,000 people a day at its peak) (2003)
www.lookatentertainment.com (had 60,000 people a day at its peak)  It predated youtube.com (2004)

I can go on.  I do not want to tout my own horn.

My antivirus don't like some of your links...  :-\

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
None of those sites are online.. do you expect us to remember what they were? One works but it is just a wordpress theme with a few simple pages in the blog.

LOL!

Go to www.archive.org  and look them up.  You will see the development of the User Interface from project to project.

When a project dies.  Rarely do you keep it active.  Some projects live forever, some do not.  The ones that are active I am not telling you, as I do not want you to know me.

They seem pretty simple to me, I'd love to see the work of a 15 yr professional rather than when you had 3-5 years experience and doing simple form submits or html page links.

Those sites were 2001/2002/2003/2004, lets see what you developed back then.  Furthermore, look at Google, in simplicity.  What im say is those sites were shit, but lets see what you developed back then.

So is it really useful to see those sites? You must be saying that you kept up with web technologies as you became more experience, hence it would be cool to see something new. Personally I focused more on backend apps c/c++ with some mysql/php/js interfaces for backend use and software for companies that you would never see outside its industry. However if you PM me I can show you what I am working on now and we can compare as I have similar levels of experience.

Furthermore, it is only useful in looking at it that I have the Steve Jobbs like experience (he did not have programming knowledge, he just knew what needs to be developed).  He learned this through many techniques.  I am referring my that comparison in terms of GUI.

Im not looking for a salary or a job, if they want me to help with the GUI, marketing, development, or any other way that I want to help then I will do it.

If you are in the position they are looking for (which I hope)  (I do believe that distance especially to an East Indian, is good when managed properly and the person is eager, like my programmers in India.)  But its up to them.  If they want some advice with the selection process then they will tell me here, or wherever.

You can post your skills what you have done in c++ or your educational background here.  F*** Resumes.  But build one, that is what they want.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Also I dont even know why they need more developers, what there total funding, yearly budget (burn rate should be less than 10% please guys I hope you are not burning through funds.  I understand if they do not want it on the forum and I hope they dont.
I also tend to want to understand an know everything. But there are so many inside considerations we dont and can't know about on the forum. If I3 would have to explain and justify all they do there would be zero time left for development.
Some trust is needed!

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
None of those sites are online.. do you expect us to remember what they were? One works but it is just a wordpress theme with a few simple pages in the blog.

LOL!

Go to www.archive.org  and look them up.  You will see the development of the User Interface from project to project.

When a project dies.  Rarely do you keep it active.  Some projects live forever, some do not.  The ones that are active I am not telling you, as I do not want you to know me.

They seem pretty simple to me, I'd love to see the work of a 15 yr professional rather than when you had 3-5 years experience and doing simple form submits or html page links.

Those sites were 2001/2002/2003/2004, lets see what you developed back then.  Furthermore, look at Google, in simplicity.  What im say is those sites were shit, but lets see what you developed back then.

So is it really useful to see those sites? You must be saying that you kept up with web technologies as you became more experience, hence it would be cool to see something new. Personally I focused more on backend apps c/c++ with some mysql/php/js interfaces for backend use and software for companies that you would never see outside its industry. However if you PM me I can show you what I am working on now and we can compare as I have similar levels of experience.

Its only useful in terms that I have developed and went through the trial and error aspect and now have a large accumulated experience.

Im not looking for a job so you win Sir jsidhu.  Furthermore with the job that they are looking for, a developer as you are thinking is a c/c++ engineer which is what is needed, so you win double down.

However, you must realize time is of the essence and you may be in India (I hope your in the US because that is what they are looking for (im not in the US)).  So if you can relocate and take there tests then that is what matters.

I hope they have programming tests they give to there developers.

Also I dont even know why they need more developers, what there total funding, yearly budget (burn rate should be less than 10% please guys I hope you are not burning through funds.  I understand if they do not want it on the forum and I hope they dont.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 10:07:16 pm by eagleeye »

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

LOL!

Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

LOL!

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

LOL!

I guess that's up to the team, if they are interested I think you will get a pm :)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 09:45:43 pm by jsidhu »

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

LOL!

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
None of those sites are online.. do you expect us to remember what they were? One works but it is just a wordpress theme with ONE blog entry.

LOL!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 09:36:07 pm by jsidhu »

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
eagleeye, that is so funny. You went through the whole thread here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=8047.60 and posted a reply to almost every post!  :o

Welcome! We have to teach you everything about BitShares! You could handle all the  Bitcointalk and Reddit trolls in  2 hours per day.

We just have to make sure the core devs do not get too distracted from their work. I always bite my tongue when I ask something because I feel bad for distracting them for their coding... :)

Did you read the wiki yet? I read it once all. Takes half a day of focused work but is very very much worth it. This is also very informative http://bitshares.org/blog/

I do know some of bitshares, I will read more.  Thank   It is the User Interface that needs to be changed specifically the look of the "Market" section, this is for bitUSD.

I looked at www.bitshares.org/blog the user interface needs to be more categorizated vertically.  I have worked on 50 website projects/businesses as well as various different types.
The core client  (incl. bug fixing) and education is most important atm. We need people who understand the basics and can teach others. Therefore reading the two sites I linked above would make a lot of sense. Many of your questions would be redundant then anyways.

I understand graphically user interfaces (the way the page looks) I have been developing them since I was 13/14 years old and with Internet businesses since I was 15/16.
+5%

Spys are watching this forum.  I can tell you privately and you can help spread the word.

go to www.archive.org   Then look up all the websites I have worked on.  From the beginning.

All of this is to the best of my knowledge (the dates)

Site Name               Date of Start
www.itempost.net (2001)
www.funnydoodle.com (2002)
www.crazydoodle.com (2002)
www.youfunny.com (2002)
www.animal-funny-pictures.com (I believe Im not sure anymore it was 10 years ago) (2002)
www.2famouslyrics.com  (had 20,000 - 50,000 people a day at its peak.) (2003/2004)
www.thelyricssite.com (2003/2004)
www.theflashgames.com (had 20,000 people a day at its peak) (2003)
www.lookatentertainment.com (had 60,000 people a day at its peak)  It predated youtube.com (2004)

I can go on.  I do not want to tout my own horn.

Offline oco101

• View Profile

+5%

Yes great suggestions I would love to see some of your work !!!

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

+5%

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

+5%

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

+5%

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile