Author Topic: [RESOLVED]New Computer - How Can I move my Account and transaction history?  (Read 1115 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Copying over the .json file would get you all your funds but probably not your transactions (completely). Best to just copy the entire wallet over.
it is supposed to do so though ... in the end every transaction detail is stored in the JSONbackup file ..

carrying around and importing only the private key will make your fund available but your transaction details (almost) lost .. (a command can try to recover those)

Offline Riverhead

Just zip up the wallets directory (without the client running), copy it to a USB key, and drop it on the new computer (after the client has run to the point of creating the data directory, exit client then unzip).

Copying over the .json file would get you all your funds but probably not your transactions (completely). Best to just copy the entire wallet over.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 12:06:10 am by Riverhead »

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
I probably am going about this completely the wrong way, please correct me if I am completely off the mark:

I got a new computer and wanted to move all my btsx info: account name, funds, transaction history -- is this feasible?

If not, how do I import the .json file to at least get the funds?

« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 12:50:16 am by bed »
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.