Author Topic: Missing balance  (Read 1984 times)

Xeldal

Can you try 0.4.13 (https://github.com/dacsunlimited/bitsharesx/releases/tag/v0.4.13) and let us know the status? Possibly after trying wallet_regenerate_keys again?

v0.4.13 and 0.4.14
Code: [Select]
>> wallet_regenerate_keys xeldal 1000

I can't seem to get it to produce keys.
It produced keys in 0.4.12 but not now.  Its never produced keys for my other account with similar issues.

4.13 recovered most of the transaction balance.  It still doesn't match the balance above in the blue title section.
The weird resetting to zero and going negative (from picture) seems to be fixed.

The remaining difference(missing balance) seems to be related the following transaction.
The two 18,503 are from 2 keyhoteeID payouts from hyperetas. Who's sum is 37006 - .1 fee

Code: [Select]
>> wallet_scan_transaction 56de87bd true

RECEIVED            BLOCK     FROM                TO                  AMOUNT                  MEMO                                        FEE                 ID     
========================================================================================================================================================================
|2014-08-09T18:01:30 180570    xeldal              enki                37,005.90000 BTSX                                                   0.10000 BTSX        56de87bd|
|                              xeldal              UNKNOWN             0.00000 BTSX                                                                                    |
|                              xeldal              enki                0.00000 BTSX                                                                                    |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and this is what it looks like on the receiving end

total sent should have been 37,005.9 BTSX but the total deducted was the sum (37,005.9) + what was sum'd (18,503+18,503) = 74,110.9

but to further complicate things the amount missing is not 37005.9 instead its 20,250 which was the remaining balance at the time of the above transaction(20254 {4BTSX difference}) (missing from the transaction balance, not the blue title balance)

The only way I can explain this is if the above transaction caused the Blue title balance to reset to zero, and the transaction balance was (incorrectly) set to 20254.  I can't explain the 4BTSX difference of the difference. (20250 is the current difference not 20254, may be from other issues)

Offline vikram

Can you try 0.4.13 (https://github.com/dacsunlimited/bitsharesx/releases/tag/v0.4.13) and let us know the status? Possibly after trying wallet_regenerate_keys again?

Offline bytemaster

I restored from an older backup and the balance was returned.   At least in part.

The balance in "My Accounts" and the balance at the top of the account transactions screen both show the ~balance.  However, in the list of transactions it shows a balance of 0 and further to negative numbers.

It looks like updating the feed price is setting the balance to zero.  Further transactions/feed updates produce a negative balance.

Looking through the transaction list, there are many puzzling examples of things just not adding up.
Withdrawals that don't change the balance or change it by some amount vastly different than the amount moved.

Thanks for the report....  I think it is a pagination issue in the GUI that is causing some issues.   Further the "To UNKNOWN" which is clearly to yourself is also a problem.   

0.4.12 will focus heavily on these types of display issues.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Xeldal

I restored from an older backup and the balance was returned.   At least in part.

The balance in "My Accounts" and the balance at the top of the account transactions screen both show the ~balance.  However, in the list of transactions it shows a balance of 0 and further to negative numbers.

It looks like updating the feed price is setting the balance to zero.  Further transactions/feed updates produce a negative balance.

Looking through the transaction list, there are many puzzling examples of things just not adding up.
Withdrawals that don't change the balance or change it by some amount vastly different than the amount moved.

Xeldal

If you imported from your BTC / PTS wallets and have not spent the funds then you will need to re-import those wallets.

They have all been moved around since they were initially imported.  I tried anyway to import them again but no luck.

Offline bytemaster

If you imported from your BTC / PTS wallets and have not spent the funds then you will need to re-import those wallets.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
yes I try recover with 11 as I have only 11 accounts and regenerate with 1000.  I don't think I've made 1000 transactions.

wallet_recover_accounts 11
returns 0

wallet_regenerate_keys xeldal 1000
returns 1000
wallet_regenerate_keys enki 1000
returns 0

the Accounts xeldal and enki are the only ones that have maintained a balance outside of delegate pay and are the only ones I'm having issue with.  Odd that I can't seem to regenerate any keys for enki.

After these I rescan but nothing new.
Odd .. no idea :-( :-(

I would like to import an older backup that in the past showed these balances but I havn't got an answer as to whether this will screw things up.  I'm not concerned with the memo/transaction details etc. just the balance.
you need to backup the wallet (maybe folder and json file)
unless you do some transactions the importing is just a read-only on the blockchain. no skrewing up here ..
give it a try with an other backup .. strange still

Xeldal

yes I try recover with 11 as I have only 11 accounts and regenerate with 1000.  I don't think I've made 1000 transactions.

wallet_recover_accounts 11
returns 0

wallet_regenerate_keys xeldal 1000
returns 1000
wallet_regenerate_keys enki 1000
returns 0

the Accounts xeldal and enki are the only ones that have maintained a balance outside of delegate pay and are the only ones I'm having issue with.  Odd that I can't seem to regenerate any keys for enki.

After these I rescan but nothing new.

I would like to import an older backup that in the past showed these balances but I havn't got an answer as to whether this will screw things up.  I'm not concerned with the memo/transaction details etc. just the balance.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
some of the recover/regenerate commands have a limit of how many keys to generate ... have you chosen those large enough as it seems you have some number of transactions already

Xeldal

I've had issues with disappearing balances for awhile now, but this time I'm not able to find a solution.

For updating the windows client, ordinarily I would update just by installing the new over the old data and the balances would remain what they were.
Recently, because of crashing issues, with the 0.4.10 and 0.4.9 updates, I cleared the entire appdata/bitsharesx folder and imported my wallet from a backup.

I noticed in transferring BTSX from BTER that the transactions were showing up but the balance was not changing.  This account has had a long standing issue where the main balance says one thing and the transaction balance says another.  I tried sending to another account and they showed up fine.

I then made another backup, cleared all data, reinstalled client, and instead of importing from backup, I imported my private keys for all accounts. 
This time the balances for the recent transactions were showing up in the balances but all the BTSX I've had since Genesis were gone.  Only transactions from after ~0.3.0 are showing up.

I've gone through all steps in:
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/RecoveringFunds
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7768.msg102881#msg102881
and this has not fixed the issues.

Questions:
Are the private keys for the accounts not enough to get the correct balance?

Will restoring from an older backup affect my chances of recovering the missing balances?
  I don't care at all about transaction details/memo etc.  Just the balance.

I'm perfectly content to wait for solutions to these issues, no problem. In the meantime are there any other suggestions?