Author Topic: From the general public I have talked to - they love interest currency over...  (Read 1789 times)

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
I talked to some people who have bitcoin and the general public, all the features I told them, the Instant transactions, asset exchange, no inflation, and interest to hold, they loved holding a currency that gives them interest.   But then I realized they could work through banks but everyone hates banks.  (This is only preliminary finding)

I understand delegates decide what they will do and it is there right as they are voted in.

Can you cite your sources? Names? Anything?
Why should we believe this story?

Sure it is believable that if we had interest everyone would want to put all their money into Bitshares but that is assuming rationality.

Just people apart of my network of friends I have not talked to in a while.  Ask them your friends.  Would they like US Dollars that paid them interest and did not have to go to a bank but they could pay from their phone?

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I talked to some people who have bitcoin and the general public, all the features I told them, the Instant transactions, asset exchange, no inflation, and interest to hold, they loved holding a currency that gives them interest.   But then I realized they could work through banks but everyone hates banks.  (This is only preliminary finding)

I understand delegates decide what they will do and it is there right as they are voted in.

Can you cite your sources? Names? Anything?
Why should we believe this story?

Sure it is believable that if we had interest everyone would want to put all their money into Bitshares but that is assuming rationality.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

What is bitUSD5PERCENT, a bond?  We do not want to do a ponzi scheme.  bitUSD2PERCENT or bitUSD3PERCENT can be good too. 

If I recall correctly it went something like: Since bitUSD comes into existence by shorting 2xBTSX as collateral the interest, like margin orders at traditional exchanges, is paid by the borrower.

Not a Ponzi scheme...just borrower paying the lender.
[/quote

I understand I was just saying maybe 5PERCENT (5% interest) was to high.  1 - 2% is good, its like having a bank account without the banks, fuck the banks.

Offline Riverhead

What is bitUSD5PERCENT, a bond?  We do not want to do a ponzi scheme.  bitUSD2PERCENT or bitUSD3PERCENT can be good too. 

If I recall correctly it went something like: Since bitUSD comes into existence by shorting 2xBTSX as collateral the interest, like margin orders at traditional exchanges, is paid by the borrower.

Not a Ponzi scheme...just borrower paying the lender.

Offline bluebit

• View Profile
The only problem is the interest is soooooooooooooooooooo low. Not even 1% per year. Sure,  I want interest, but 1% cmon. At least 5% would attract a lot of people.
BTSX TipMe: bluebit

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
I can't find the post right now but I'm fairly certain that bitUSD5PERCENT is already in the plans.

Im not sure exactly what your getting at?

Offline yellowecho

I can't find the post right now but I'm fairly certain that bitUSD5PERCENT is already in the plans.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
This was point No. 1.

My 34 points are not all marketing they are in terms of marketing, GUI, programming, business development.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
They love interest currency over deflation (there money gaining purchasing power (they can buy more goods with there currency)) even though both are the essentially the same.  Something to work on for marketing aspect if wanted.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile