Author Topic: "What Is BitShares?" infographic -- your input is appreciated.  (Read 25697 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 04:09:26 pm by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I just saw this in twitter .. https://twitter.com/Wef/status/510050235465605120 ~"building the future of big data" - "The excitement of the internet of things will be a small footnote in history as the internet of everywhere becomes our reality."

Which had me wonder if there is an opportunity to ride the wave of the idea of the internet of all. I haven't got the imagination to have already thought of a catchy related expression for what BitShares offers but expecting there must be a way of suggesting that it is the next logical step in the empowering nature of the web and technology.
buzzword bingo-ing .. I am sure a whole group of marketing people took 3 months to figure out that fancy sentence :)

Offline davidpbrown

I just saw this in twitter .. https://twitter.com/Wef/status/510050235465605120 ~"building the future of big data" - "The excitement of the internet of things will be a small footnote in history as the internet of everywhere becomes our reality."

Which had me wonder if there is an opportunity to ride the wave of the idea of the internet of all. I haven't got the imagination to have already thought of a catchy related expression for what BitShares offers but expecting there must be a way of suggesting that it is the next logical step in the empowering nature of the web and technology.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
did a translation into russian here - https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=8751.0 - its still in work, but looks fine to me so i started publishing it round places
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline davidpbrown

Sorry to be that guy but I don't think much of that graphic above.

Selling an idea, you need to be mindful of the audience and their level of understanding. Pitching that then at those who could be involved, rather than those who already are savvy, is most important.

I would suggest then that words such as 'opportunity' are better and more attractive than 'experiment'.

So, perhaps instead:

• BitShares is an opportunity to speculate on the value of real world assets, without needing to hold those. In creating a digital tokens pegged to the value of real assets, like the USD and Gold, there is then an option for you to buy into that asset or to go 'short' on that. In shorting there is an firm commitment that you pay the value of the asset later, and that commitment is assured by having collarteral in BTSX locked for the time you are short in an asset. Either buying into an asset or going short, could make you a profit or, as with all speculation, it could make you a loss.
  • The opportunity here relative to the value of BTSX then is that BTSX will be host to commitments by those shorting in all BitSharesX asset classes.
  • The opportunity relative to the assets themselves, is that those are stable relative to the value of the real world asset. So, if the value of those assets rise or fall, you could win or loose relative to buying those or shorting them.
  • The Decentralized Autonomous nature of the Exchange ensures there is no counterparty risk. You can trade without concern for who you are trading against.
  • Transactions are anonymous by default.
  • You get all the benefits of cryptocurrency tokens and the stability of real world assets, like USD and Gold.
  • Asset holders will receive income from exchange fees. This could make you 5%-10% interest per year. *note holding BTSX for a long period will lose you 5% per year, as BTSX is geared to activity rather than intended for holding wealth. That said the value of BTSX will reflect the appitite for all asset classes and stands as the collateral for all shorts - twice the value of every short must be held in BTSX.
  • The value of your funds are secure within the BTSX blockchain and as with other cryptocurrency, fully within your control and your responsibility. Ensure that you make secure backups of any wallets.
  • The Bitshares Exchange is the most Secure and Private Exchange available.

Unpolished  8)

« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 11:49:10 am by davidpbrown »
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Maybe "financial experiment" can be replaced with with something lighter. It is an experiment but that might better be stated not that prominently. Or not? I am divided on that :)

I'm all for "financial experiment". Bitcoin captured the imagination of millions of people because it was and still is a financial experiment. Putting a man on the moon was an experiment. Experiment is NOT a dirty word.

*I've been a copywriter my whole adult life.
make it happen!

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Pls use this logo ;) It's .svg format, you can scale it…
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
On ours we put down "Financial Innovation" (obviously lift if you want) our should be done tonight, if my friend doesnt cope out.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Maybe "financial experiment" can be replaced with with something lighter. It is an experiment but that might better be stated not that prominently. Or not? I am divided on that :)

I'm all for "financial experiment". Bitcoin captured the imagination of millions of people because it was and still is a financial experiment. Putting a man on the moon was an experiment. Experiment is NOT a dirty word.

*I've been a copywriter my whole adult life.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 07:05:37 pm by MeTHoDx »

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

The latest version looks a whole lot better. Maybe the blue color at the bottom can also be changed? (maybe just my screen ;) )

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I think 10% should be changed to 5%... to stick with our meme...

I also think it needs a * + "actual yield may vary"

+5% +or- 5%   :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 04:32:21 pm by MeTHoDx »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I think 10% should be changed to 5%... to stick with our meme...
How could we miss that  +5% +5% +5%
I also think it needs a * + "actual yield may vary"
please do so ...  +5% +5% maybe in a footnote or tiny ..