Author Topic: "What Is BitShares?" infographic -- your input is appreciated.  (Read 25713 times)

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
I agree with some of the sentiments expressed earlier.

This is a really worthy endeavor and I like the way the points are shaping up  +5%

Design-wise not so much, it's just not doing it for me. I know these things are subjective but it doesn't look polished or professional enough. Basically I think it needs to at least feel like it's taking a lead from the design on the site it is linking to.

I think this opens up a wider issue that the community needs to address - brand consistency and quality control of marketing material. Is there anyone in the community who acts as a kind of brand guardian who these things can be funneled through? Do we need a brand book? Even a basic one (i.e. which fonts and point sizes to use, what color palette, use of logos etc etc). If not do we perhaps need a person/team with the right skills who will take ownership?

I'm not a designer, but I have experience that I might be able to lend to such a team if people thought it was a good idea to set one up. I also think things like taglines really need to be thought about very carefully and voted upon by the community before being bandied about externally. How can we democratically handle this. My intention is not to offend, just to improve things  :)

Thoughts....

The infographic im modifying with a friend should only be used on websites if the marketing team (developers) want to.  Im more interested promoting via facebook, twitter, reddit, and imgur.  A viral/grass roots marketing initiative. 

Offline pseudoscops

I agree with some of the sentiments expressed earlier.

This is a really worthy endeavor and I like the way the points are shaping up  +5%

Design-wise not so much, it's just not doing it for me. I know these things are subjective but it doesn't look polished or professional enough. Basically I think it needs to at least feel like it's taking a lead from the design on the site it is linking to.

I think this opens up a wider issue that the community needs to address - brand consistency and quality control of marketing material. Is there anyone in the community who acts as a kind of brand guardian who these things can be funneled through? Do we need a brand book? Even a basic one (i.e. which fonts and point sizes to use, what color palette, use of logos etc etc). If not do we perhaps need a person/team with the right skills who will take ownership?

I'm not a designer, but I have experience that I might be able to lend to such a team if people thought it was a good idea to set one up. I also think things like taglines really need to be thought about very carefully and voted upon by the community before being bandied about externally. How can we democratically handle this. My intention is not to offend, just to improve things  :)

Thoughts....

Offline emailtooaj

Not sure if this would be on topic, but what about...

Bitshares, "The New Global Economy, Secured, In One Easy App"!
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline James212

• View Profile
Methodx I like your poster 8).

How about a section about how BTSX holders receive dividends instead of 10%/year inflation.

I want to put that in the infographic but can I really claim 10% yield/interest? It'll end up being whatever the exchange takes in as fees, which could be anything.
Right, I would avoid anything that (a) can not be kept for sure or (b) is too good to be true. That always turns on the "Scam" alarm in my head.

If we could have some confidence that BitsharesX would get a close enough proximity to 10% I'd use it, its a great hook.  However, I don't think we have enough history to go that far out on a lim.  Maybe say something like "as much as 10%"  or " at least X% more than transitional legacy banks"  <--- just throwing out ideas.     By the way has anyone at Bitshares done a back of the envelope analysis of what they interest payments could be.  We probably can use that to back up the stated rate.     
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

How about a section about how BTSX holders receive dividends instead of 10%/year inflation.

I want to put that in the infographic but can I really claim 10% yield/interest? It'll end up being whatever the exchange takes in as fees, which could be anything.
Right, I would avoid anything that (a) can not be kept for sure or (b) is too good to be true. That always turns on the "Scam" alarm in my head.

Do you have any catch phrases we could use delulo?

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
These are looking good. Please let me know when you feel they're good enough to share and I'll get them out on social media... B

Looking for your input if you have the time Global Moderator, MktDirector.  You are the marketing leader.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Honestly, i wouldn't sent this out ... i really like your initiative and efforts, but from design point of view it's seems not professional enough IMO. (this should sent out to 1000s of users).
But would love to polish it if you want me to assist... let me know you thoughts…

Love to have you build on what we are doing (not talking for MeThoDx).  Will send out all infographics to my users.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

Claim 0.1% to 10% interest depending on how many transactions are going on in the network.

I think everyone in this thread is helping out big time.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Honestly, i wouldn't sent this out ... i really like your initiative and efforts, but from design point of view it's seems not professional enough IMO. (this should sent out to 1000s of users).
But would love to polish it if you want me to assist... let me know you thoughts…

Which version are you referring to? I'm a minimalist and that philosophy influences my design aesthetic.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
+5%

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 08:31:54 pm by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
May need someone else here to modify the infographic.  My friend may flake out today.  Go with James ideas if your going to do anything.