Author Topic: Delegate bitcube  (Read 7379 times)

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
1. what for do you spend your delegates income?
Efforts towards the adoption of Bitshare in South Asia. 

thanks cube - I think right now the role of the delegate is to basically help foster the initial bitsharesx infrastructure. But in the future, business plans will count for more. What specifically are you planning on doing to help adoption of bitshares is south asia? There's probably not enough income to do much yet, but sharing ideas and best practices will help everyone.

The main role of the delegate is to help foster the bitsharesx infrastructure indeed.  My understanding of bitsharesx plan is that there will be trust-worthy and competent individuals running a few delegates initially.  But eventually there will be 101 individuals, each running just one delegate.

The earnings from a delegate may not be much but it would be good enough to start off the adoption push.  People in South Asia come from a diversity of cultures, languages and norms.  The goal of delegate bitcube is to reach out to South Asians who are open to new forms of trading and investment instruments (such as Bitsharex!), working with their own diverse languages and norms.

cube have you looked into being listed on http://www.beyondbitcoinx.net/ ?

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

thanks cube - I think right now the role of the delegate is to basically help foster the initial bitsharesx infrastructure. But in the future, business plans will count for more. What specifically are you planning on doing to help adoption of bitshares is south asia? There's probably not enough income to do much yet, but sharing ideas and best practices will help everyone.

The main role of the delegate is to help foster the bitsharesx infrastructure indeed.  My understanding of bitsharesx plan is that there will be trust-worthy and competent individuals running a few delegates initially.  But eventually there will be 101 individuals, each running just one delegate.

The earnings from a delegate may not be much but it would be good enough to start off the adoption push.  People in South Asia come from a diversity of cultures, languages and norms.  The goal of delegate bitcube is to reach out to South Asians who are open to new forms of trading and investment instruments (such as Bitsharex!), working with their own diverse languages and norms.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 06:59:09 pm by cube »
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile

maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline cube

• View Profile
Hello cube.

Thanks for posting here and getting involved.  Sounds like you've made great contributions to other areas in crypto-currencies in the past.

There is another post here that polls delegates with some basic questions, submitting your answers might encourage others to vote you in: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7175.0

I'll toss some votes for you, but would like to know if you have any plans for the 80% pay rate funds you are keeping.  If it's just to pocket for yourself that is fine, but if you plan to fund things within the community that would be extra incentive for votes edging you over others that don't disclose the plans for their payouts.

Good luck!

Dear amencon

Thank you for your kind words and support.  You have given me valuable advice.  I like to thank you with my votes and support.

You are right to ask my plan for delegate bitcube.  No, I do not intend to pocket the fund. Not at all.  If you look at my work for the Vertcoin community, you would know that I have been doing it for free.  The Vertcoin P2Pool real-time node finder was fully funded out of my own pocket.  It has been drawing a lot more miners and I believe it plays an important role in helping to make Vertcoin's vision of Decentralisation possible.  And the Vertcoin ProxyPool has a pool fee of 0.25% (market average is 2%) which barely covers the cost.  I was not doing it for short-term/immediate gain.  I was planting a seed for long-time growth.

I am now part of the Bitshare community and I would like to call it my new home.  I intend to contribute to and grow with Bitshare for the long haul.

I am from Singapore, a vibrant trading hub for South Asia.  Bitshare is a wonderful new technology for trading and investment.  But it is relatively unknown outside the crypto world.  I believe the 'first step' for Bitshare is adoption.  We have massive opportunity for Bitshare to gain adoption in South Asia - namely Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.  My goal for delegate bitcube would be to put up efforts towards the gaining of adoption in this part of Asia. 

Edit: With the successful launch of the Get Free KeyID faucet, the effort towards mass adoption is now extended to the whole world.   :)

I would try to answer the rest of the questions:

2. whats your burn-rate and why?
80% pay-rate. 20% burn-rate.  I believe part of the fund, 20%, should return to the shareholders.  The major part of the fund (estimated 60%) would be to use for actual adoption activities.  The rest would be to cover cost.

3. where is your delegate located?
Singapore, the trading hub of South Asia

4. whats your machine/connection/redundancy specs?
Intel Xeon E5-2630L, 4GB RAM, residing in a data centre in Singapore.  Backup power is taken care by the data centre.

5. "short" up to 300 character description why are you running a delegate or many of them
I am runing one delegate called bitcube. Please see above for description.

6. are you related to other delegate operators?
No.

7. how many delegates are in your control?
One.

Please support Bitshare adoption in South Asia. Please vote for delegate bitcube.

wallet_approve_delegate bitcube true

« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 12:20:24 pm by cube »

Offline amencon

• View Profile
Hello cube.

Thanks for posting here and getting involved.  Sounds like you've made great contributions to other areas in crypto-currencies in the past.

There is another post here that polls delegates with some basic questions, submitting your answers might encourage others to vote you in: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7175.0

I'll toss some votes for you, but would like to know if you have any plans for the 80% pay rate funds you are keeping.  If it's just to pocket for yourself that is fine, but if you plan to fund things within the community that would be extra incentive for votes edging you over others that don't disclose the plans for their payouts.

Good luck!

Offline cube

• View Profile
Hi there,

I am attracted by the vibrant Bitshare devs-community ecosystem.  I have been a long-time member of the Vertcoin community.  Vertcoin's main advantage is Decentralisation. This is achieved via three networks of decentralised P2Pool  mining nodes.  I created and I am maintaining a real-time combined P2Pool node finder for Vertcoin miners (See http://coin.cubeconnex.com/poollist).  I am also a pioneer merged-mining ProxyPool pool operator. Proxypool feeds onto a network of P2pool.  It helps miners to get consistent payouts while lowering the variance due to high P2pool hashes. This is especially important to miners with low hashrate.  Merged-mining let a miner mines two or more coins at the same time and with the same gpu hashes.

I like what you guys are doing. I like to contribute and become an active member here.  I have setup a new delegate bitcube (Ubuntu) with a payrate of 80%. 

I would appreciate it if you would vote for delegate bitcube.

Thank you for your kind support.

Updated 9 Oct 2014
-----------------------

Delegate bitcube is fortunate to be given the opportunity to support toast's effort in the promotion of KeyID to new users.  I am very thankful to toast.  A new Get Free KeyID faucet - http://bit.cubeconnex.com:5555 is launched.  The faucet provides Free KeyID accounts to new users. 

If you are a new user, you will need to have a twitter or google account to be authenticated with the faucet. No private information is gathered.  Your private data in twitter or google account is safe.  You will also need to download a wallet from http://keyid.info and create an account in the wallet.  The public key from the newly created account can then be used to register with http://bit.cubeconnex.com:5555.  Do freely let me know if you need any help.

I would like to thank "onceuponatime" for his generous donation to the Get FREE KeyID fund.  If you like to contribute to the fund too, please send your DNS to :

All your generous donations / contributions to this effort will be made known.

Your vote and support are important. Please vote for delegate bitcube.   

Updated 17 Oct 2014
-----------------------

I am pleased to announce the birth of Delegate freekeyid.  Delegate freekeyid is honoured to be tasked to support and manage the main freekeyid.com faucet - an important initiative by toast to promote KeyID to new users.

The Main Get Free KeyID faucet is at http://freekeyid.com (alternatively http://freekeyid.cubeconnex.com)

Backup Free KeyID faucet is at http://bit.cubeconnex.com:5555  (ie if the Main faucet is down, you can use this faucet)

I like to thank cass for his generous donation to delegate bitcube in support of the "Get Free KeyID" initiative.   :-*

I like to take this opportunity to assure all donors that all their precious donations are carefully managed. We put in extra effort to make sure the fund is helping genuine new users and we watch out for people who are trying to exploit the donors' goodwill.

I urge you to contribute your DNS (no matter big or small amount) to:

ID: freekeyid

Please vote for delegate freekeyid

wallet_approve_delegate freekeyid true

« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 04:44:29 am by cube »