Author Topic: How to start the market of bitUSD please read *EVERYONE*  (Read 16268 times)

Offline Riverhead

I put in an ask (and got a warning that I'm 12.5% below the highest bid) for 0.030637 which is lower than the 1 hour average at the top of the screen. It's not going through either. How close to the average does it need to be?

This damn GUI makes it very difficult to explain, but I'll try. Scroll through your list of buys/shorts. Find the top bid order (ignore all the shorts above this). If you place an ask a tiny bit below that bid, it will execute.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
Thanks, I get your meaning. I guess i though the short was someone creating usd and looking for someone to take the other side. Am I not understanding it correctly?

That's right, but those particular shorts are trying to devalue bitUSD relative to USD, so they aren't allowed to execute. They are acting against the peg. Any short above about 0.027 (below about 36) is acting against the peg right now.

I think I got it now.  Maybe the gui can filter out shorts that can't execute.  You should only be able to see what you can execute?
That's coming in the next release.

Offline GaltReport

I put in an ask (and got a warning that I'm 12.5% below the highest bid) for 0.030637 which is lower than the 1 hour average at the top of the screen. It's not going through either. How close to the average does it need to be?

This damn GUI makes it very difficult to explain, but I'll try. Scroll through your list of buys/shorts. Find the top bid order (ignore all the shorts above this). If you place an ask a tiny bit below that bid, it will execute.

Thanks, I get your meaning. I guess i though the short was someone creating usd and looking for someone to take the other side. Am I not understanding it correctly?

That's right, but those particular shorts are trying to devalue bitUSD relative to USD, so they aren't allowed to execute. They are acting against the peg. Any short above about 0.027 (below about 36) is acting against the peg right now.

I think I got it now.  Maybe the gui can filter out shorts that can't execute.  You should only be able to see what you can execute?

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
their is money to be had if people short  look in the 33-35 btsx/bitUSD range their a a few orders for a couple of g's.

I do agree though the market is dead now. Not sure if we need more incentive to make bitUSD have more value(interest?) or a better matching system. I think it's the matching system.
In the picture below the buy is willing to pay 31.55 btsx per bitUSD and the seller is only wanting 28.5715 btsx per bitUSD.......Someone tell me I am reading this wrong so I will feel better :'(

the problem is the median here Gentso

http://bitsharesblocks.com/assets/asset?id=USD

at the moment the median is 0.0281 so with the new rules a short above is not executed to prefent the market to differ from the peg.
you have to look for the first ASK then you will see the only seller in the market
I clicked you link but all the spaces are blank, is their a lack of feeds?

I am about to ask what is probably a complex question but if this is the result of the median why did we change the rules? Try to keep it as simple as possible I have just started to grasp the concept of shorting...lol.

Offline Riverhead

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
median was not a good solution.

would be better to just let the market do what he will do. in the first 2-3 days it was really fun to me. maybe not much money made, but i had fun - a lot! But now? It is only frustrating and annoying. I don't see the point how we can achieve with a tradingvolume near zero something?

i would prefer if we could throw the median away and just wait. why change the rules immediatly? it was to early to do this. hope bytemaster will reconsider.

I like median, because now we have the closest peg we've seen since BTSX launched. What we need is a GUI that doesn't show a bunch of invalid short orders. It's extremely confusing at the moment.

true , but also true

1. volume is near zero
2. no new bitUSD are created - we still have 462k
3. so means no short are executed

i didn't see the point to peg the dollar, when no one can create new bitUSD

Will you please message me so we can talk about your GUI problems, Shentist.

You are a valued member Shentist. 

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

looks the message is wrong, because it counts the highest short at 28. but the real ask at the moment is 33.8983.

would be better to just let the market do what he will do. in the first 2-3 days it was really fun to me. maybe not much money made, but i had fun - a lot! But now? It is only frustrating and annoying. I don't see the point how we can achieve with a tradingvolume near zero something?

i would prefer if we could throw the median away and just wait. why change the rules immediatly? it was to early to do this. hope bytemaster will reconsider.

I like median, because now we have the closest peg we've seen since BTSX launched. What we need is a GUI that doesn't show a bunch of invalid short orders. It's extremely confusing at the moment.

true , but also true

1. volume is near zero

Why do you want to create more bitUSD? Creating bitUSD is the mechanism by which we establish the peg. If there is enough demand for bitUSD that the market needs more bitUSD, then more will be created. Right now the fact that the volume is near zero means that the market is happy with the current price.

in my eyes wrong. we don't create more bitUSD because the short sellers can execute their orders, because of the median. noting to do with "the market is happy".

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website

true , but also true

1. volume is near zero

Why do you want to create more bitUSD? Creating bitUSD is the mechanism by which we establish the peg. If there is enough demand for bitUSD that the market needs more bitUSD, then more will be created. Right now the fact that the volume is near zero means that the market is happy with the current price.

Offline Riverhead

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange

true , but also true

1. volume is near zero

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

I am unable to download the GUI on this old computer.  Will you please message me what you are looking at by sending me a screenshot.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
their is money to be had if people short  look in the 33-35 btsx/bitUSD range their a a few orders for a couple of g's.

I do agree though the market is dead now. Not sure if we need more incentive to make bitUSD have more value(interest?) or a better matching system. I think it's the matching system.
In the picture below the buy is willing to pay 31.55 btsx per bitUSD and the seller is only wanting 28.5715 btsx per bitUSD.......Someone tell me I am reading this wrong so I will feel better :'(

the problem is the median here Gentso

http://bitsharesblocks.com/assets/asset?id=USD

at the moment the median is 0.0281 so with the new rules a short above is not executed to prefent the market to differ from the peg.
you have to look for the first ASK then you will see the only seller in the market

Offline GaltReport

I for one stopped buying/shorting in the market once it seemed like I was placing orders that were not filled and that either there was a bug or I didn't understand what prices I could enter and get filled.

Sir GaltReport.  Will you please post a screenshot here or message me on this forum with what you are looking at?  You can ask me why I cant do this and I will tell you.

PM sent.

Offline oco101

• View Profile
you can all start becoming market makers by buying any undervalued bitusd you can find...

My thinking is this: I don't want to convert my BTSX into BitUSD because I expect BTSX to go up in value.

But you can trade and try to make more btsx. The price is going up and down so there is always a opportunity.
Use just a few Btsx and try to make more. Trading is good for the peg.