Author Topic: NXT is getting more organized, Here is there leader of development  (Read 5736 times)

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
(Developers focus) on your tasks at hand, read this when your superiors tell you to please**

(For the community)  What do you think about what they are doing, please read the thread.

ChuckOne
https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/(core)-current-development-efforts/

NXT finally has a list of who's who? And there's seven of them now? That does sound like progress since the last time I checked over there. I'm kidding; NXT has some great features and great people. But it's not BitShares.

Speaking of ChuckOne, even sleeker than the OP-er...

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7738.msg102451#msg102451

Good military intelligence tonyk.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
(Developers focus) on your tasks at hand, read this when your superiors tell you to please**

(For the community)  What do you think about what they are doing, please read the thread.

ChuckOne

NXT finally has a list of who's who? And there's seven of them now? That does sound like progress since the last time I checked over there. I'm kidding; NXT has some great features and great people. But it's not BitShares.

Good recon, Hero Member donkeypong

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

ChuckOne

Speaking of ChuckOne, even sleeker than the OP-er...

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7738.msg102451#msg102451
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

ChuckOne

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
It will take 100 years before all the coins are mined, its a short term opportunity.

then if it's all mined, what next?  in using my deflation argument, is it doomed to fail no matter what?

don't get me wrong, i really think crypto currencies is the future, and bitshares is good tech. but it doesn't mean that the bitshares team will be the ones taking the tech mainstream.  it's all up in the air at this point. 

same goes to nxt, the stellar foundation, ripple labs and all the other crypto projects.

Bitcoin will fail because they lack the features we have.

Sir, it is up in the air at this point.  But it is my duty, to be active and stick with this as the technology is feasible.

Bitcoin and its derivatives will fail because they are Decentralized Autonomous Companies (DACs) that lose money every year instead of gaining a profit that can be used to improve the ecosystem. 

DPOS gives the shareholders the power to invest in delegates who wish to give a DAC ecosystem more value.

Bitcoin and its derivatives/altcoins correct?  Cryptocurrency 1.0.

Offline Methodise

I sincerely believe deflation does not hurt, except for those in debt. Debt is supposed to be painful, that's the whole point. Many causes of inflation reward indebtedness.

If you had a big, over-due bill, you would be forced to sell assets at your disposal to pay it, even if those assets were mathematically bound to appreciate.

Economies do not want 'kick-starting'. It is absolutely trivial to expand a GDP by debasing the unit in which it is measured, one of many good arguments that it is folly to measure an economy's performance by GDP, especially in isolation.
BTS: methodise

Offline fuzzy

Bitcoin and its derivatives will fail because they are Decentralized Autonomous Companies (DACs) that lose money every year instead of gaining a profit that can be used to improve the ecosystem. 

DPOS gives the shareholders the power to invest in delegates who wish to give a DAC ecosystem more value.
Bam ... you really hit the nail on the head :)

learn from gurus like dan by listening to them, studying what they say and taking every opportunity they give you to ask questions...those are words stolen from bm.  He taught us so we can, in turn, teach others.  I deserve no credit, but it makes the message no less powerful.  Lets go "dogeparty"! Errr..I mean BitShares!  :P

and just so u know xeroc, you have been a guru to me too..thanks for that
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Bam ... you really hit the nail on the head :)

Offline fuzzy

It will take 100 years before all the coins are mined, its a short term opportunity.

then if it's all mined, what next?  in using my deflation argument, is it doomed to fail no matter what?

don't get me wrong, i really think crypto currencies is the future, and bitshares is good tech. but it doesn't mean that the bitshares team will be the ones taking the tech mainstream.  it's all up in the air at this point. 

same goes to nxt, the stellar foundation, ripple labs and all the other crypto projects.

Sir, it is up in the air at this point.  But it is my duty, to be active and stick with this as the technology is feasible.

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

Offline lucky331

• View Profile

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
question.  do you use btsx as a currency right now?  no.  so it behaves like a commodity.  so we can't use it as an example for now. 

the perfect example is bitcoin.  while we see the bitcoin economy still expanding judging with all the good news at coindesk, but what happens when all the coins are mined?

at that point, is that how big the btc economy shall ever be?

BTSX is a commodity you are correct.

BitUSD is a currency.

BTSX is the ecosystem.

Offline lucky331

• View Profile
question.  do you use btsx as a currency right now?  no.  so it behaves like a commodity.  so we can't use it as an example for now. 

the perfect example is bitcoin.  while we see the bitcoin economy still expanding judging with all the good news at coindesk, but what happens when all the coins are mined?

at that point, is that how big the btc economy shall ever be?

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
on top of my head germany after world war 2?  i forget... i'll look it up later.

anyway, it's common sense.  in deflation, the circulation of a currency goes down, so in turn less and less people get to hold it and would have to pay more if they want to have it.  since not everyone can pay more, less people are able to have it.  so in another turn, it causes the economy to shrink and stagnate.  no win will ever want to let go of their coins unless someone has to pay more.  bit the thing is it has to stop somewhere thereby stagnating.

Ok so people pay more to have it, ok I accept that because the purchasing power of their money has gone up, and if they do not have money, they have to pay more for their currency (higher purchasing power -> more expensive currency).

But what do you mean by pay more?  Only the currency goes up and down in value, it has become disconnected with the commodities market.  The price of corn is not connected with how much currency there is now, its determined by supply and demand based on just that good.

I dont understand the stagnation part in this equation?

Offline lucky331

• View Profile
on top of my head germany after world war 2?  i forget... i'll look it up later.

anyway, it's common sense.  in deflation, the circulation of a currency goes down, so in turn less and less people get to hold it and would have to pay more if they want to have it.  since not everyone can pay more, less people are able to have it.  so in another turn, it causes the economy to shrink and stagnate.  no one will ever want to let go of their coins unless someone has to pay more.  and the thing is it has to stop somewhere thereby stagnating.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
If you have time, give me somewhere to look.  An instance where the hoarding was a problem ***EDITED*** from deflation.  In history.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 06:35:33 am by eagleeye »

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
eagleeye, since you're so worried what Nxt is doing..  be on the look out:  http://www.nxttechnologytree.com

check out monetary system. Nxt monsters are under your bed.

Thank you lucky331.  I have looked at their system, they do not understand where they are wrong.

Antideflation?  Deflation is a good thing in a utopian monetary system.  Deflation is no different than a currency that pays you interest to hold.

in paper yes.  but deflation also causes hording, less currency in circulation and hence, stagnation of an economy.  and guess what helps jump start an economy..  yep, inflation.

Why would deflation cause hoarding if by causing your money to go up in value, you spend it.  It is true, that you may think your money will keep going up in value, but in the modern world, we have lots of expenses.  We spend our money! 

Can we debate Keynesian economics?  It does not matter who is right or who is wrong (seriously sir, we could help Federal Reserve Chairman Yellen because they have government is far reaching and may be here right now, and may help us in our thinking.)

I believe more in Monetarism and Austrian economics but I do believe in Keynesian, we may just need new theories.

human nature.  just saying. 

as for the bitshares economy.  the plan is to hold btsx.  and use bitUSD (or whatever bitX you plan to have) for whatever expenses you have.

Yes human nature, possible.

Offline lucky331

• View Profile
eagleeye, since you're so worried what Nxt is doing..  be on the look out:  http://www.nxttechnologytree.com

Thank you lucky331.  I have looked at their system, they do not understand where they are wrong.

Antideflation?  Deflation is a good thing in a utopian monetary system.  Deflation is no different than a currency that pays you interest to hold.

in paper yes.  but deflation also causes hording, less currency in circulation and hence, stagnation of an economy.  and guess what helps jump start an economy..  yep, inflation.

Why would deflation cause hoarding if by causing your money to go up in value, you spend it.  It is true, that you may think your money will keep going up in value, but in the modern world, we have lots of expenses.  We spend our money! 

Can we debate Keynesian economics?  It does not matter who is right or who is wrong (seriously sir, we could help Federal Reserve Chairman Yellen because they have government is far reaching and may be here right now, and may help us in our thinking.)

I believe more in Monetarism and Austrian economics but I do believe in Keynesian, we may just need new theories.

human nature.  just saying. 

as for the bitshares economy.  the plan is to hold btsx.  and use bitUSD (or whatever bitX you plan to have) for whatever expenses you have. 

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Keynesian economists often argue that private sector decisions sometimes lead to inefficient macroeconomic outcomes which require active policy responses by the public sector, in particular, monetary policy actions by the central bank and fiscal policy actions by the government, in order to stabilize output over the business cycle.[2] Keynesian economics advocates a mixed economy – predominantly private sector, but with a role for government intervention during recessions. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keynesian_economics

The private sector is going to change from this technology.  Only in terms of mortgages, and car expenses.  Short term expenses such as gas, food, restaurants, clothes, will become less of a problem with a technology base.

But I think I may be wrong on this point.

Look at Microsoft, it is almost 30 years old yet it still has huge margins, its because of its economic competitive advantages.  Look at IBM same deal and it is over 100 years old.  Look at GE same deal.  B

But things in the world will become to mature much like how Bitcoins price over the last 3 - 4 months became to mature (and is now going down though due to us and the economy going good).  Bitcoins lifecycle is over.  It is the nature of the universe, the planets will slowly move farther and farther apart until everything is still again.  and then BAM!  We start again but in a different way.  You can think of it as depressing (death) but you can think of it as goodness, (rebirth of the universe).

Someone in the form said they would sit beside Bastiat in the French legislature in the 1800s in the government.  From some of his policies I have read, I would probably sit with him too.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 06:26:04 am by eagleeye »

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

Can we debate Keynesian economics?  It does not matter who is right or who is wrong (seriously sir, we could help Federal Reserve Chairwoman Yellen (this is what I edited the chairwoman part) because they have government is far reaching and may be here right now, and may help us in our thinking.)

« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 06:51:06 am by eagleeye »

Offline lucky331

• View Profile

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

I've never seen the Nxt technology tree before. I must say... that is one sexy way of highlighting the features and development path of a cryptocurrency.

I think everyone should stop worrying about Nxt and start worrying about Bitshares.  :D

I am worrying about Bitshares CoinHoarder, sir.

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile

I've never seen the Nxt technology tree before. I must say... that is one sexy way of highlighting the features and development path of a cryptocurrency.

I think everyone should stop worrying about Nxt and start worrying about Bitshares.  :D
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

Offline lucky331

• View Profile

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

ChuckOne

Why don't you stop focusing on what NXT is doing and tell us what the federal reserve or the central banks are doing?

NXT is our competitor and our market cap is only twice the size of theres right now, even though we are far into the lead.

The Federal Reserve is going to begin raising interest rates in early next year as long as everything is smooth sailing.  People in the markets believe the market will go down though (a correction, not a recession).  I dont know what to believe if the markets will go up or down in the short term as I have not focused on it today or yesterday.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 04:13:44 am by eagleeye »

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

ChuckOne

Why don't you stop focusing on what NXT is doing and tell us what the federal reserve or the central banks are doing?

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

ChuckOne