Author Topic: Random thought v0.2.0  (Read 3902 times)

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
I'm not even sure who we are ignoring.  Sky seems nice and logical enough.  Sure I think his whole not releasing the open source client is ridiculous, since it would open us up to even more ridicule for having a closed beta (who does that in crypto other than scammers?)  And eagleeye is really gung ho for a newbie, but once he gets over his whole "I know how to do everything cause my dad is the king of America and he taught me how" thing I think his enthusiasm will be valuable to the community.  He is basically like Liondani in his early days on crack. 

Or wait.  Its not me you're ignoring is it.  I'm not a clown right?

Fuck!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
2)@ gamey and all others.
You know I get easily annoyed by stupidity. And I am as annoyed as it gets, but the  only way to 'ignore' somebody is to just do that. Just stop responding to ANY post by this clown, everybody.
This is just unpolite .. I am not gonna ignore anybody because you tell me to .. sorry

Hes newish to the forum, we dont know his background and what hes going through. 

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
You know I get easily annoyed by stupidity. And I am as annoyed as it gets, but the  only way to 'ignore' somebody is to just do that. Just stop responding to ANY post by this clown, everybody.
This is just unpolite .. I am not gonna ignore anybody because you tell me to .. sorry

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
@tonyk

You are like a steeplechase horse with blinkers - not able to look to the sides.
Whether I am a clown or a troll remains to be seen - those terms are a typical forum response to people who say something you don't like to hear but you suspect yourself could be true.

I actually am very much in favour of pushing for an alternative world currency - and that could be BTSX - or another client.

What I have said is that if only the devs and the insiders knows how to run the client - while the masses struggle to run it due to bugs - then the risk is that you may lose potential future customers.

And may I also remind you that my reflections over this client - or any other malfunctioning client - are simply my experience trying it, and does not need to be ridiculed or even commented on. I am not writing this to demand a response like: oh thank you, we didn't know, we will immediately sort it out so that you are happy
I don't really care - it is not my business - but it is sad if an excellent client turns away people like me with money to invest, if it is not working as intended.

I am not a clown ;) so for now I will let the client rest and wait to see in the future if it will sustain - then I might come back and try it again :)

I understand your concerns Sky.  The bugs.  They are working on it.

Offline sky

• View Profile
@tonyk

You are like a steeplechase horse with blinkers - not able to look to the sides.
Whether I am a clown or a troll remains to be seen - those terms are a typical forum response to people who say something you don't like to hear but you suspect yourself could be true.

I actually am very much in favour of pushing for an alternative world currency - and that could be BTSX - or another client.

What I have said is that if only the devs and the insiders knows how to run the client - while the masses struggle to run it due to bugs - then the risk is that you may lose potential future customers.

And may I also remind you that my reflections over this client - or any other malfunctioning client - are simply my experience trying it, and does not need to be ridiculed or even commented on. I am not writing this to demand a response like: oh thank you, we didn't know, we will immediately sort it out so that you are happy
I don't really care - it is not my business - but it is sad if an excellent client turns away people like me with money to invest, if it is not working as intended.

I am not a clown ;) so for now I will let the client rest and wait to see in the future if it will sustain - then I might come back and try it again :)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 06:18:55 am by sky »

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
1)The only real 'true arbitrage' opportunity is between bitAsset A and bitAseet B. We need inter asset trading ASAP. This will not solve all problems but will help immensely.
And arbitrage is what makes markets work in the short run.

3) To all free market proponents - I am the biggest proponent of free unhindered markets. BM has similar free market  views. The first chance we get we will move in that direction. In the mean time let's try to really secure a market that can be moved in that direction.  And yes, I do truly believe the BTSX cap will be bigger the closer we get to free, no restriction market. But that only if we have a market (peg) that works.

4) The new 0.4.11 works fine on Ubuntu for me so far.

TheOnion.

tonyk/TheOnion = +5% +5% +5% Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.

Interasset trading.  Barter with prices attached to them.

Offline yellowecho

696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
1)The only real 'true arbitrage' opportunity is between bitAsset A and bitAseet B. We need inter asset trading ASAP. This will not solve all problems but will help immensely.
And arbitrage is what makes markets work in the short run.

3) To all free market proponents - I am the biggest proponent of free unhindered markets. BM has similar free market  views. The first chance we get we will move in that direction. In the mean time let's try to really secure a market that can be moved in that direction.  And yes, I do truly believe the BTSX cap will be bigger the closer we get to free, no restriction market. But that only if we have a market (peg) that works.

4) The new 0.4.11 works fine on Ubuntu for me so far.

TheOnion.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 05:37:11 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.