Author Topic: When will BTSX be able to buy you a CAR?  (Read 4038 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Considering very large chunks of the world's population don't have internet and many can't afford a smart phone I think paper fiat has a long future ahead of it.
reminds me of those cards with magnet strip ... tech from the 60ties .. not dead .. yet

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Considering very large chunks of the world's population don't have internet and many can't afford a smart phone I think paper fiat has a long future ahead of it.

http://dzfocdn.dazeinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Mobile-Phoner-user-internet-peentration1.jpg
http://dzfocdn.dazeinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/smartphone-user-Wolrdwide-penetration.jpg

We'll add like a billion new internet users in the next 3 years only. That's one million people a day..

Long term is an impossible joke with these numbers.

Offline Riverhead

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com
you will almost surely NEVER be able to by a car from btsx .. more likely from bitUSD, or bitEUR ...

You are at least thinking further ahead than most.  But I still think you are missing what the future will be.

While shopping, you will tell your phone/computer what you want to price things in, in the near term it may be BitUSD.  But you phone will decide what to actually pay with.  It will be tied in with AI financial advisers, and it will sell whatever is the best for you, at that moment, find a conversion system, possibly though something like the Ripple network.  All the taxes, and everything, will be included and recorded in the deal.  An AI networked system will also include coupons, offers to try, and all that also.

But I don't think BitUSD will be used for very long.  I predict there will soon be a stable crypto currency that performs much better than USD or any other fiat currency.  The USD will continue to inflate (i.e. huge tax on the holders of such), while this new one will do a much better job at recording the value of things over the long term.  Anyone got a good name for this one, how about:

* BitStable
* Bit_no_inflation

What does everyone else predict?  How would the value of such be maintained/determined?  I think something like a canonization process will operate somewhat like the federal reserve.  But unlike the federal reserve, who's mandate is to fight inflation AND maximize job growth, BitStable managers will only be worried about no inflation and stable prices.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 03:55:18 pm by Brent.Allsop »

Offline Riverhead

I really hope the developers increase the burn rate so that we get at least 5% interest every year, which would mean if you had $10,000 in BTSX in 1 year you have an extra $500. Tons of people would money their money from banks into BTSX for this one reason. It would disrupt the banking system.

The delegates control the burn rate. You can vote for delegates with a low pay rate if you want to increase the burn. Also, I agree which is why I have a 95% burn rate :).

Offline bluebit

• View Profile
I really hope the developers increase the burn rate so that we get at least 5% interest every year, which would mean if you had $10,000 in BTSX in 1 year you have an extra $500. Tons of people would move their money from banks into BTSX for this one reason. It would disrupt the banking system.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 01:35:39 pm by bluebit »
BTSX TipMe: bluebit

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
for now choose one of these guys  ;)

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx

maybe but one big dream is go to caribean build a tropical restaurant / hotel with few bungalows next to beach scaping from glacial age,

all of us can meet there haha and drink a mojito cheers to invictus.

maybe someone arrives on his ship and can go and fish something! another came on his plane and can make a parachute jump and someone special maybe arrive on his submarine!! hey i not go anywhere on a submarine sorry hope understand.

timing .... mm i think 2016(9) bitcoin half reward miners price up maybe then, or maximun 2021 no more bits available from mining ... and fix with 7 years crisis cicle, new one big crisis start.
but personally i bet for some point in 2016.

im happy cose almost until now dream is free , so ... enjoy!!
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline Riverhead

Just to make a little bit interesting with BTSX investments. One year from now ? who knows ? and it may take 3-5 years before you can cash enough BTSX in to buy a new house. IMHO, that is my confidence in BTSX.

It's always fun to dream. My big hope is that it goes to $2 - $5 in the next few years so that I can retire earlier than planed. Time is the most important thing I can buy myself.

Offline fuzzy

Just to make a little bit interesting with BTSX investments. One year from now ? who knows ? and it may take 3-5 years before you can cash enough BTSX in to buy a new house. IMHO, that is my confidence in BTSX.

Why would you waste it on a car?

Invest it in something else.

Ohhh...I know what we can buy with it! 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

Coz Im a car buff but anyway if any other things to invest ... hmm id say in real estate (apartments) or some crowdfunding for another equities.

Real estate is good.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile

Coz Im a car buff but anyway if any other things to invest ... hmm id say in real estate (apartments) or some crowdfunding for another equities.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

Yes invest invest invest.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads