Author Topic: When will we achieve next order of magnitude increase?  (Read 21631 times)

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
hughmanwho you have the rights to brag about Nxt , but the thing is you are NOT in the right place. FUDing majority of BTSX investor ?? WE HAVE OUR FAITH IN BITSHARES RIGHT FROM THE MOMENT WE MINED PTS.

Offline oldman

• View Profile
Here's the thing about it being a bubble.. what can customers currently do with it other than speculate or buy BitUSD?  That makes it a bubble.  Maybe a bubble within the stealth phase in the long run.. but a bubble none the less.

Anything you can do with BitShares, you can do with Nxt.. except you can also do far more with Nxt, you can actually buy/sell stuff with Nxt.. some stores accept it, there are many websites all over powered by Nxt and using Nxt for business, it's all over the place and has a lot of community support and has for a while.  Some big name payment processors are going to be adding it soon, they have a Point of Sale payment system coming out soon.  The Nxt marketplace just launched.  Except granted DPOS is quite cool.. still not as cool as Nxt's upcoming Instant Transaction system.. it's actually going to be much more decentralized Instant Transactions unlike DPOS, but granted that sounds like it's a long way away and until implemented, doesn't do much for Nxt.  Nxt has much more of a network effect going for it.

I'm comparing it to Nxt because BitShares is currently much like Nxt was in December of last year and both are POS and attract similiar crowds.  It'd been in development for a few months and had a lot of potential and we all assumed that everyone else must see the same potential we did.  But guess what, they didn't and never do.  If they couldn't use it right now to do anything, then why buy it right now.. why not wait for the excitement to die down and see if it was actually going to have staying power. Granted FUD about the 'unfair' distribution didn't help, but Nxt is still just as revolutionary as BTSX, if not more as it figured out much of this stuff first.

But Bitshares has it's own brand of FUD people are spreading about it being centralized due to DPOS.. which is partially true given you can vote for multiple delegates.  And if someone manages to get 51% of the delegates, they can simply choose to stop including transactions that allow holders to choose different delegates and suddenly BTSX is dead.  Which is easier and cheaper when you only have to get 50 delegates by convincing people to vote for them without needing to actually buy 51% of the stake.  I definitely suspect that something like that will start being used to try to scare people from BTSX and it will affect price.

I'm not trying to scare people just be realistic.. be aware that it is risky and odds are that the second phase of the first bubble will break soon.  This whole talk of BTSX being revolutionary is part of the 'New Paradigm' that comes will all bubbles.  Don't lose half your life savings because you invest it all in now realizing that BTSX has long term potential, then the price halves.. or more.  Wait until after the price halves so you can buy twice as much!  Just please, download the Nxt wallet found at nxt.org.. and tell me that you really think that BitShares has Nxt beat feature wise.  BTSX has some improvements and features that Nxt has been slow to implement.  I'm not saying switch to Nxt either.. just try to remove emotions and not lose too much money, especially if you're a little guy who can't afford to lose too much.

Oh and yes, SuperNet might be centralized currently, I think currencies are held via multi-sig.. I think that control of it will be gradually more and more decentralized as the Multi-Gateway is expanded and more currencies are added to MGW.  Which is a really cool project by itself.. you can trade Nxt and BTC in a decentralized fashion!

You make some excellent points! I have used the Nxt platform recently for exactly the reasons you state, call it due diligence or market research.

Perhaps showing my age and lack of tech savvy here, but I have dismissed Nxt as a contender for the next big thing.

Why?

Nxt.

What the hell is Nxt?

Nxt is like Linux, perhaps OS/x. Yes, great feature set! Yes, it works. Yes, there will be a dedicated community and it will probably persevere. But will not see mass adoption as the next big thing, simply because Nxt is not going to resonate with masses.

Bitshares will be the Windows of crypto.

Why?

Because Bitshares.

The feature sets are likely to be comparable and whether one tech or the other is superior is contentious. But I believe the vast majority of folks will intuitively choose Bitshares over Nxt for no other reason than familiarity:

Bit(coin) = money.

Bit(share) = investment.

It is simple... and nothing sells like simple.

Branding/marketing is immensely powerful and is more important that any other factor in the success of a business/product.

The Bitshares brand has an enormous competitive advantage in the 2.0 space as it is the only 2.0 platform able to directly piggy back on the success of Bitcoin through phonetic association. 

Everyone else is starting from scratch to build awareness and overcome the scamcoin stigma.

In my opinion the Bitshares brand, combined with the Bitshares tech (particularly conf. time, TITAN, and pegged/interest bearing assets), are so advantageous as to preclude any other current 2.0 competitor. Even for diversification/risk management!

That is my non-technical, and perhaps misinformed, disqualification of an entire platform based solely on branding.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 06:41:11 am by OldMan »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
hughmanwho,

I saved myself from reading your last post. Nothing personal, I do appreciate your effort!

Do you know that 'Financial bubbles do not exist?'

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline onceuponatime

And in the interests of Full Disclosure,

hughmanwho would like to state: .............................................................................

Offline hughmanwho

• View Profile
Here's the thing about it being a bubble.. what can customers currently do with it other than speculate or buy BitUSD?  That makes it a bubble.  Maybe a bubble within the stealth phase in the long run.. but a bubble none the less.

Anything you can do with BitShares, you can do with Nxt.. except you can also do far more with Nxt, you can actually buy/sell stuff with Nxt.. some stores accept it, there are many websites all over powered by Nxt and using Nxt for business, it's all over the place and has a lot of community support and has for a while.  Some big name payment processors are going to be adding it soon, they have a Point of Sale payment system coming out soon.  The Nxt marketplace just launched.  Except granted DPOS is quite cool.. still not as cool as Nxt's upcoming Instant Transaction system.. it's actually going to be much more decentralized Instant Transactions unlike DPOS, but granted that sounds like it's a long way away and until implemented, doesn't do much for Nxt.  Nxt has much more of a network effect going for it.

I'm comparing it to Nxt because BitShares is currently much like Nxt was in December of last year and both are POS and attract similiar crowds.  It'd been in development for a few months and had a lot of potential and we all assumed that everyone else must see the same potential we did.  But guess what, they didn't and never do.  If they couldn't use it right now to do anything, then why buy it right now.. why not wait for the excitement to die down and see if it was actually going to have staying power. Granted FUD about the 'unfair' distribution didn't help, but Nxt is still just as revolutionary as BTSX, if not more as it figured out much of this stuff first.

But Bitshares has it's own brand of FUD people are spreading about it being centralized due to DPOS.. which is partially true given you can vote for multiple delegates.  And if someone manages to get 51% of the delegates, they can simply choose to stop including transactions that allow holders to choose different delegates and suddenly BTSX is dead.  Which is easier and cheaper when you only have to get 50 delegates by convincing people to vote for them without needing to actually buy 51% of the stake.  I definitely suspect that something like that will start being used to try to scare people from BTSX and it will affect price.

I'm not trying to scare people just be realistic.. be aware that it is risky and odds are that the second phase of the first bubble will break soon.  This whole talk of BTSX being revolutionary is part of the 'New Paradigm' that comes will all bubbles.  Don't lose half your life savings because you invest it all in now realizing that BTSX has long term potential, then the price halves.. or more.  Wait until after the price halves so you can buy twice as much!  Just please, download the Nxt wallet found at nxt.org.. and tell me that you really think that BitShares has Nxt beat feature wise.  BTSX has some improvements and features that Nxt has been slow to implement.  I'm not saying switch to Nxt either.. just try to remove emotions and not lose too much money, especially if you're a little guy who can't afford to lose too much.

Oh and yes, SuperNet might be centralized currently, I think currencies are held via multi-sig.. I think that control of it will be gradually more and more decentralized as the Multi-Gateway is expanded and more currencies are added to MGW.  Which is a really cool project by itself.. you can trade Nxt and BTC in a decentralized fashion!

Offline oldman

• View Profile
more like one year for the awarness stage

I'm going to propose the awareness stage will be greatly accelerated relative to Bitcoin, which is just nearing the end of the awareness phase.

Bitshares does not have to wait for the average Joe to discover crypto. We don't have to wait years for endorsement, legitimacy, or for retailers and hedge funds to take an interest.

Bitcoin did all that.

Bitcoin created $6bn pool of pre-qualified crypto tech investment capital.

That $6bn is some of the most liquid and mobile capital the world has ever seen.

It is also, by definition, tech savvy and smart.

The crypto crowd has watched many, many Alts be hyped and dumped. Everyone is waiting for the next big thing. Everyone knows Bitcoin 2.0 is coming. Everyone wants a seat on the next ride to the moon.

Bitshares is the next big thing.

Once Bitshares moves out of the stealth phase as a functional platform, ie. stable client, solid pegs, kick-ass trading platform and interest bearing assets, the velocity of capital migration from Bitcoin to Bitshares will be spectacular.

The initial rotation from Bitcoin to Bitshares will create the first real bubble and sell off.

However, the Bitcoin capital will also create the depth and liquidity required for Bitshares to really hit its stride. At that point, with a market cap of a billion or three, we will see the mania phase begin.

Just sayin'.  ;)

« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 05:37:21 am by OldMan »

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
Keep in mind that BTSX will crash first before going back up again.. just warning you this is the 'return to normal' found in any bubble.

BTSX has some great technology but it simply hasn't had as much time to acquire as many users, and trust me it'll crash soon.  I'd give it one or two days before we hit the second peak.  I'd recommend you sell some soon if you are in it for the money, then buy back in a month or so.  Don't say I didn't warn you!

What do you think the peak will be?

Bitshares has not completed the stealth phase.

99% of the world has no idea Bitshares exist.

Probably less one in ten BTC/Alt users understand the platform. Less than that have sold BTC/Alts to acquire BTSX.

My completely unbacked opinion is that BTSX will transition into the awareness phase over the next three or four months.

The 'first sell off' will happen around the $1bn market cap, mostly for psychological reasons. I'm (guessing) that will happen Q1 2015.

This horse hasn't even left the gate.

more like one year for the awarness stage
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
It's so funny how people involved in crypto will pick coins like they pick a sports team.

Team BTC, team NXT, team DOGE, team BTSX.

How about team blockchain technology?

You hear of team SuperNet?  Might interest you.. it's a Nxt initiative to try to unite the coins.  Basically a asset that will be backed by all of the major crypto players, holding on to a large chunk of many coins.  Sort of like the first Mutual Fund for crypto.  If any coins make it big, everyone invested makes it big.  And let's face it.. we all know that some of the coins will do so, just that nobody is 100% sure which ones will stick around.

Does SuperNet has DPOS? IMO better products of crypto will battle it out for the most secured and innovative way of blockchain technology in terms of service it  may render, as decentralized/distributed as possible. Mining is totally in obsolete stage. So services generate cashflow and stakes will be bigger as time goes by. Investors will surely want to have a slice of pie with this form of income generation. Bitshare is several miles ahead with DPOS plus company may adapt it to jumpstart their own decentralized business.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
SuperNet???!!!  ::) Making it centralized . Hmmm Bitshares is still has the edge over Nxt.

Offline oldman

• View Profile
Keep in mind that BTSX will crash first before going back up again.. just warning you this is the 'return to normal' found in any bubble.

BTSX has some great technology but it simply hasn't had as much time to acquire as many users, and trust me it'll crash soon.  I'd give it one or two days before we hit the second peak.  I'd recommend you sell some soon if you are in it for the money, then buy back in a month or so.  Don't say I didn't warn you!

What do you think the peak will be?

Bitshares has not completed the stealth phase.

99% of the world has no idea Bitshares exist.

Probably less one in ten BTC/Alt users understand the platform. Less than that have sold BTC/Alts to acquire BTSX.

My completely unbacked opinion is that BTSX will transition into the awareness phase over the next three or four months.

The 'first sell off' will happen around the $1bn market cap, mostly for psychological reasons. I'm (guessing) that will happen Q1 2015.

This horse hasn't even left the gate.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 04:33:26 am by OldMan »

Offline hughmanwho

• View Profile
It's so funny how people involved in crypto will pick coins like they pick a sports team.

You hear of team SuperNet?  Might interest you.. it's a Nxt initiative to try to unite the coins.  Basically a asset that will be backed by all of the major crypto players, holding on to a large chunk of many coins.  Sort of like the first Mutual Fund for crypto.  If any coins make it big, everyone invested makes it big.  And let's face it.. we all know that some of the coins will do so, just that nobody is 100% sure which ones will stick around.

38PTSWarrior

:) I like Wednesday's Child, Unemployed in Summertime, Dead Things..

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
"The moment between the striking and the fire.." (From the song Jungle Drums by Emiliana Torrini). Do you know some songs of her Fuzz?

no not familiar :P

Gollum's Song:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkXbzffVl44 from Lord of the Rings.

You are now cultured.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx