Author Topic: [SOLVED] 0.4.12 Transfer Issues  (Read 3273 times)

Offline d34g13

• View Profile
someone have the same issue: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=8391.0

this happened  because you have lost some  balance private keys.
As I know, when you regenerate keys from this wallet, you will lost them again after you close the wallet.
so you need to restore your wallet from a clean backup json file. the best backup is  after you just create your account.
If you can't find the early backup, I recommend   you to create a new wallet, and import the account private key.
after you have a clean wallet, you can run the command to find all your balance key back.
Code: [Select]
wallet_regenerate_keys <account> <num>

the <num>  you can try 100, if it's not enough, try 150 , or more.

thanks for your help - i got it working

i exported a randomly new created wallet to a json and compared it to my other json from my real wallet
then i merged the relevant information into the newly created json and imported that
and that finally made it work

thanks alot - marking thread as solved

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
to make one thing clear at this point: although there might be bugs that cause the client to 'loose' a private key, those keys can always be regenerated from the wallet.
All private keys are DETERMINISTICALLY derived from the wallet's master private key .. so KEEP AT LEAST ONE BACKUP of you wallet!

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
someone have the same issue: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=8391.0

this happened  because you have lost some  balance private keys.
As I know, when you regenerate keys from this wallet, you will lost them again after you close the wallet.
so you need to restore your wallet from a clean backup json file. the best backup is  after you just create your account.
If you can't find the early backup, I recommend   you to create a new wallet, and import the account private key.
after you have a clean wallet, you can run the command to find all your balance key back.
Code: [Select]
wallet_regenerate_keys <account> <num>

the <num>  you can try 100, if it's not enough, try 150 , or more.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 07:07:40 am by alt »

Offline d34g13

• View Profile
how do i transfer from my wallet to bter? how much should the transaction fee be? i have tried 2x and it does not show up? how do i check transactions on the block explorer?

this ought to be easier than bitcoin but its not

who said it would be easier than bitcoin? ...

anyways... any news regarding the first post of this topic? :)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
how do i transfer from my wallet to bter? how much should the transaction fee be? i have tried 2x and it does not show up? how do i check transactions on the block explorer?

why are you messing with the default tx fee? (it should be 0.5 BTSX)

if you have a tx id you can go to console and type "blockchain_get_transaction TXID" .. last few lines indicate in which block they are in ..

Offline yoshiwatusi

• View Profile

Offline d34g13

• View Profile
any news regarding this issue?

Offline d34g13

• View Profile
"paying_account_name":"removed","from_account_name":""

this also didnt work

any idea for a workaround maybe?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 03:56:41 pm by d34g13 »

Offline d34g13

• View Profile
could you confirm whether paying account name and from account name are the same in this case?   You replaced the text with "removed" but that may be masking the useful debug info.

yes they were identical - i tryed two ways: one via console (thats what the debug info is from) and one simply via gui to send funds - both with the same effect

Offline lander

• View Profile
i withdraw some funds from exchange (btercom->lander), the transaction is missing in the wallet.
i install the 0.4.12 and "wallet_regeneration_keys lander 1000" , then after rescan, the transaction is still missing, but the balance in the top is coming back.
The problem is that i can't transfer any fund out, even the fund before that transaction.

Finally i can transfer the fund out after another rescan, but the balance of that transaction seems to be minus.

Offline lander

• View Profile
i withdraw some funds from exchange (btercom->lander), the transaction is missing in the wallet.
i install the 0.4.12 and "wallet_regeneration_keys lander 1000" , then after rescan, the transaction is still missing, but the balance in the top is coming back.
The problem is that i can't transfer any fund out, even the fund before that transaction.

Offline bytemaster

could you confirm whether paying account name and from account name are the same in this case?   You replaced the text with "removed" but that may be masking the useful debug info.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

I may have found a solution to this.  Need to study it further to check for side effects.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline d34g13

• View Profile
Since i still have the same issue on 0.4.12 and the thread for 0.4.10 got market as "solved" here is a new thread with the same problem

10 assert_exception: Assert Exception
oacct.valid(): expecting an account to existing at this point
    {}
    bitshares  wallet_db.cpp:399 bts::wallet::wallet_db::store_key

{"real_amount_to_transfer":removed,"amount_to_transfer_symbol":"BTSX","paying_account_name":"removed","from_account_name":"removed","to_account_name":"removed","memo_message":"removed"}
    bitshares  wallet.cpp:3694 bts::wallet::wallet::transfer_asset

{}
    bitshares  common_api_client.cpp:1027 bts::rpc_stubs::common_api_client::wallet_transfer

{"command":"wallet_transfer"}
    bitshares  cli.cpp:481 bts::cli::detail::cli_impl::execute_command
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 12:46:37 pm by d34g13 »