Author Topic: OS X Client Not Syncing  (Read 2636 times)

Offline nightengale

• View Profile
Got the answers I needed, thank-you guys!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Thanks for your response. Am on 0.4.4 and left it sit overnight, and no progress. The system's fans spin up like it is doing work but the block number doesn't progress. Am on OS X 10.8.5 if that could make a difference.
there have been 2 hard forks by the blockchain in the mean time .. you need to upgrade to 0.4.12 ..

Offline nightengale

• View Profile
Thanks for your response. Am on 0.4.4 and left it sit overnight, and no progress. The system's fans spin up like it is doing work but the block number doesn't progress. Am on OS X 10.8.5 if that could make a difference.

Offline Riverhead

Bump... Sort of stuck here with non-functioning installation of Bitshares.

How long has it been stuck? I found it sort of starts and stops. It downloads a bit until it reaches a checkpoint or something, does some indexing, and then moves on.

Also, are you on version 0.4.12?

Offline nightengale

• View Profile
Bump... Sort of stuck here with non-functioning installation of Bitshares.

Offline nightengale

• View Profile
Thanks for your help with this. I deleted the folder you referenced and started redownloading the chain.

Oddly, it is stuck, again, at block 322981. Could this be some sort of OS-X issue?

Offline bytemaster

Entered that command on the console tab and hit enter and nothing happened.... Sorry if I'm doing something or not doing something boneheaded?

If it didn't print anything then that means you probably have a database in an inconsistent state.   I would delete "~/Library/Application Support/BitShares X/chain" and start over. 

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline nightengale

• View Profile
Entered that command on the console tab and hit enter and nothing happened.... Sorry if I'm doing something or not doing something boneheaded?

Offline bytemaster

Seem to be stuck at block 322981. Have 8 active connections to the network. Have restarted the program and restarted the machine -- no love. Any ideas?

Go to the console and enter:

debug_list_errors
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline nightengale

• View Profile
Seem to be stuck at block 322981. Have 8 active connections to the network. Have restarted the program and restarted the machine -- no love. Any ideas?