Author Topic: recover transaction  (Read 13232 times)

Offline Cryptomaniac

• View Profile
Thanks,Bytemaster.It means the coins in Bittrex?
Never give up! Never!!!

Offline bytemaster

Hey all! I sent BTSX(amount: 9003.30316325 )from Bittrex to Poloniex and coins disappeared! Address: poloniexwallet
TxId: 5448ea2bef03ed60ec819c90e2e453d83ad2195f .
Bittrex said, quote:
Sep 07 20:57
"It its not on the blockchain, there is nothing we can do. Please reach out to the BTSX community and see if they can help recover it".
Somebody can help? Thanks in advance.

It is not on the blockchain.  Check with bittrex to see if their transaction has expired or failed in some way.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Cryptomaniac

• View Profile

Hey all! I sent BTSX(amount: 9003.30316325 )from Bittrex to Poloniex and coins disappeared! Address: poloniexwallet
TxId: 5448ea2bef03ed60ec819c90e2e453d83ad2195f .
Bittrex said, quote:
Sep 07 20:57
"It its not on the blockchain, there is nothing we can do. Please reach out to the BTSX community and see if they can help recover it".
Somebody can help? Thanks in advance.
Never give up! Never!!!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Did a wallet_regenerate_keys ACCOUNT-NAME 1000 and everything went back to normal
 :)
*Puh* :-)

Offline cambie24

• View Profile
Did a wallet_regenerate_keys ACCOUNT-NAME 1000 and everything went back to normal
 :)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

I've been having the same problem, same backtrace and error message.  I think the 0.4.9 upgrade didn't go smoothly, I restored from a backup, and it's been broken since.  In my case it's a bid that I can't cancel (but fortunately I placed it back when BTSX was high, so the price is low enough that it will probably not execute until we have a nice BTSX rally).

I have the exact same problem.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cambie24

• View Profile
any update on how to recover all these transactions to unknown

Offline cambie24

• View Profile
Iam in the same also. Before I did update to the 4.12 I tried to back up wallet and it crashed, installed 4.12 and  now Iam missing almost 50,000 bitshares. Did all the steps to recover wallet and transactions, no luck.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
if i understand it correct - at the moment no solution?

ok, this is a major bug!

the information that an old .json exported wallet will not be enough for market transaction was a way to late.

i hope you will consider this as well as a top priority bug. i support the btsx ecosystem the ways i can and at the moment it is by trading. so a major stake is now stucked. maybe you can provide a estimated or expected time for a solution.

Offline mortman

• View Profile
I also have an "UNKNOWN" transaction.  I made a bid for bitUSD which was open.  My wallet crashed.  I restored the wallet but now lost the bid and the btsx involved in the trasaction which shows up as unknown in my transaction summary.  I tried wallet_recover_transaction TXID but did not work.  Any ideas how to retrieve the btsx lost?

Offline theoretical

I've been having the same problem, same backtrace and error message.  I think the 0.4.9 upgrade didn't go smoothly, I restored from a backup, and it's been broken since.  In my case it's a bid that I can't cancel (but fortunately I placed it back when BTSX was high, so the price is low enough that it will probably not execute until we have a nice BTSX rally).
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
so at the moment i can't do anything?

Offline bytemaster

That is probably a market transaction. 

Vikram is working on improving the ledger history (many known issues here).

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
it seems i had a problem with my harddrive and after indexing my wallet.dat was missing in the BTSX folder

so i took my backup from some days before

- problem now - many "UNKNOWN" market transaction and my balance and holding positions are totally off.
- i read bytemaster didn't advise to do this, because of missing transaction

so what can i do?

i tried

>> recover_transaction 804e48ff

10 assert_exception: Assert Exception
has_deposit:
    {}
    bitshares  wallet.cpp:3086 bts::wallet::wallet::recover_transaction

{}
    bitshares  wallet.cpp:3158 bts::wallet::wallet::recover_transaction

{}
    bitshares  common_api_client.cpp:1763 bts::rpc_stubs::common_api_client::wallet_recover_transaction

{"command":"recover_transaction"}
    bitshares  cli.cpp:481 bts::cli::detail::cli_impl::execute_command

but it didn't worked.