Author Topic: Should we contact all the exchanges to add BTSX on?  (Read 8752 times)

Offline Riverhead

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
This is one reason why we should be appealing to Decentralized Exchanges (like NHZ) and gateways (like Stellar) to cooperate with us. 

Why do we need centralized exchanges when we can use decentralized ones?  Of course it is intelligent to try to get BTS on every exchange possible...but Decentralized Exchanges are the future...

I consider them a bridge. The future isn't here just yet.

Offline fuzzy

This is one reason why we should be appealing to Decentralized Exchanges (like NHZ) and gateways (like Stellar) to cooperate with us. 

Why do we need centralized exchanges when we can use decentralized ones?  Of course it is intelligent to try to get BTS on every exchange possible...but Decentralized Exchanges are the future...
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline Thiball

• View Profile
From BTC-e :

Dear Customer, Thank you for contacting BTC-e. Currently we are not planning to add new coins to the exchange. If we do so, we'll inform our clients on that. Please follow our news and Twitter account for updates. If you have further questions, do not hesitate to contact us again. Best Regards, BTC-e Support Knowledge Base http://bit.ly/BTC-e-Support
BTSX : thiball

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
I sent an e-mail to Kraken to add BTSX on and I just got an answer :
Jordan (Kraken Support)
Aug 22 14:50

Hello,

Thanks for asking. We don't have any plans to add any other digital currencies at the present time. We're open to adding more currencies in the future, but every currency we add first has to go through a lengthy process of evaluation. For example, in the case of Namecoin, we found a serious bug in the protocol during our evaluation process.

http://www.coindesk.com/namecoin-flaw-patch-needed/

The bug was of course fixed before we allowed trading in Namecoin on our exchange. This evaluation process takes valuable time away from other important development projects, and at the present time we can't spare the resources needed to add a new currency.

Best,

Jordan
Kraken Support

Dear, Kraken

Namecoin has a market cap of 11 million. Btsx has a market cap of 55 million. Do you like to make money? If no, your competitors do. If yes, allocate more people to reviewing the code.

Thanks for your time.

Offline Thiball

• View Profile
I sent an e-mail to Kraken to add BTSX on and I just got an answer :
Jordan (Kraken Support)
Aug 22 14:50

Hello,

Thanks for asking. We don't have any plans to add any other digital currencies at the present time. We're open to adding more currencies in the future, but every currency we add first has to go through a lengthy process of evaluation. For example, in the case of Namecoin, we found a serious bug in the protocol during our evaluation process.

http://www.coindesk.com/namecoin-flaw-patch-needed/

The bug was of course fixed before we allowed trading in Namecoin on our exchange. This evaluation process takes valuable time away from other important development projects, and at the present time we can't spare the resources needed to add a new currency.

Best,

Jordan
Kraken Support
BTSX : thiball

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
That is unfortunate. Still, the more exposure/options we have the higher the BTSX value increases.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
On Cryptsy's site it says that you can email support@cryptsy.com to request a coin that is not on the vote list. I have already sent an email. I encourage others to do the same.

Cryptsy's  not honor single snapshot, I will not support them  :(

BigVern done taken them hisself.

Offline testz

On Cryptsy's site it says that you can email support@cryptsy.com to request a coin that is not on the vote list. I have already sent an email. I encourage others to do the same.

Cryptsy's  not honor single snapshot, I will not support them  :(

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
=============

Offline vikram

Any exchange that is brought on board -- make sure they subscribe to the BTSX update announcement thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7067.msg94189#msg94189

This is still beta quality software and it is extremely important exchanges know about all updates ASAP.

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
I've got a ton of people helping me with contacting these exchanges but the best thing each of you can do is contact them directly and request they list BTSX. The more requests they get (not just from me) the more they'll realize they need to list us.   Shouldn't be a hard sell for them, our volume is bigger than most of the other alts combined.

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
BTC-E hasn't cleaned out the load of nonsense they have without any real volume. Eventually, you would think this would have to happen based on competition. It might be worth letting them know about Bitshares.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=433283.0    // Topic
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=33012   // OP from BTC-COM, active today
=============

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
I think we should focus on getting a point of sale device constructed now tha bitassets are coming.  Once this is accomplished exchanhes will all have btsx listed.

You mean like have the ability to use your cell phone to do transactions? :)

Why would a merchant pay for a point of sale device when they can just use a mobile device?

Hmmm...food for thought.
I would love to have a app for this, great idea.

Do exchanges know that they can use BTSX URLs? It would be nice if when attempting to deposit you could click one link that filled out the wallet transfer form with the required memo so ppl didn't neglect to include it in their transactions. It also would be nice if they hyper linked deposit/withdrawal transactions.

+5%

They probably don't even know, perhaps if we made a short how-to and just started emailing them as users they would be receptive.