Author Topic: !!! Stupid Questions Thread !!!  (Read 251385 times)

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline blurgenstein

• View Profile
Hi,

I am trying to learn about bitshares. Where to start?

Offline valerian

Ok. Figured it out! :-) Cheers!

+V

quote author=valerian link=topic=8390.msg287134#msg287134 date=1458869677]
Hi ...
newbie here.

I have a bts_default.bin from OL web wallet. How do I export / retrieve my private key from it (or from an account in it)?

I am trying to setup a witness node/account and cannot import my account to the CLI without the private key.

Thanks.

Regards,

+V
[/quote]

Offline valerian

Hi ...
newbie here.

I have a bts_default.bin from OL web wallet. How do I export / retrieve my private key from it (or from an account in it)?

I am trying to setup a witness node/account and cannot import my account to the CLI without the private key.

Thanks.

Regards,

+V

Offline tarugo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tarugo
well, somebody is taking advantage of people like me, sure.-.. but this also makes me think about doing the same thing, and that should definitively not be the purpose.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Hi,

i accidentally sent some bts to a wrong wallet. my question is, how do i write a message to the owner of the wallet to send me my funds back?
Another question is, what is the purpose of the memo if the BTS still got written to the wrong account?
The account in question is poloniex instead of poloniexwallet...

please help me get my BTS back

If I'm not mistaken that is a fake account that already has funds from other members who made the same mistake in the past.

I recall someone sending some BTS to an account that was mistaken by an exchange account and he never got the funds back. It was probably just someone trying to take advantage of people's mistakes.

But at the same time there were users who registered similar names to avoid that problem. At the moment I'm not sure if that account is from a scammer or from someone who is trying to prevent scams. Anyway, send a transaction with the lowest amount of BTS possible with whatever message you want on the memo field.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline tarugo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tarugo
Hi,

i accidentally sent some bts to a wrong wallet. my question is, how do i write a message to the owner of the wallet to send me my funds back?
Another question is, what is the purpose of the memo if the BTS still got written to the wrong account?
The account in question is poloniex instead of poloniexwallet...

please help me get my BTS back

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
if a single witness fed in a very wrong price couldn't that trigger margin calls / forced settlement?

sure, at the right time at the right place...they can.
3-4 of them colluding can make a party out of it... and one will never be able to prove it...
as a matter of fact I believe they already do that... and nobody cares. [I will look for the link where I posted it, if interested*]

*Generally there was a settlement order  1. they lowered the settlement price 2. Placed a new position with the least collateral ratio(3 sec after the new price got into effect). 3. the order in (2) got filled 4. They published a new higher price feed 5.The next order with the lowest collateral got called 5.they sold into it at 10% above their new feed price...

if a single witness fed in a very wrong price couldn't that trigger margin calls / forced settlement?

No. bts takes the median of all witnesses' feeds.

what is you point? The newly  published price for sure can change the median price.... obviously.
"Median price" is not "average price", so how can A FEW very low or very high prices impact final price significantly?
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

sure, at the right time at the right place...they can.
3-4 of them colluding can make a party out of it... and one will never be able to prove it...
as a matter of fact I believe they already do that... and nobody cares. [I will look for the link where I posted it, if interested*]

*Generally there was a settlement order  1. they lowered the settlement price 2. Placed a new position with the least collateral ratio(3 sec after the new price got into effect). 3. the order in (2) got filled 4. They published a new higher price feed 5.The next order with the lowest collateral got called 5.they sold into it at 10% above their new feed price...

what is you point? The newly  published price for sure can change the median price.... obviously.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 04:50:14 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline konelectric

New Member: Which exchange is best to buy BTS from? I have heard bter is not as secure as ccdek. I combed through this forum and saw someone suggest btc-e. Which is the most secure with least fees? (I am trying to buy BTS with USD)

*WARNING* Don't use BTER for any coin. CCEDK.com is reputable, especially in the BTS community. metaexchange.info as well.

If your using cash: CCEDK. If using Bitcoins: Metaexchange.
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline BitShares News

• The Source for Hangout Transcripts
    • View Profile
    • BitShares Blockchain News
  • BitShares: bitshares-news
New Member: Which exchange is best to buy BTS from? I have heard bter is not as secure as ccdek. I combed through this forum and saw someone suggest btc-e. Which is the most secure with least fees? (I am trying to buy BTS with USD)

*WARNING* Don't use BTER for any coin. CCEDK.com is reputable, especially in the BTS community. metaexchange.info as well.
This blog has ceased operation. http://goo.gl/2uU8s7

Offline s007s

• View Profile

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz
I tried signing up for bitshares but signin was rejected?

Try to go in the settings and in the "faucet address" put "https" instead of "http"