Author Topic: !!! Stupid Questions Thread !!!  (Read 251545 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Is there a way to integrate a market on OL into my existing website, or do I need to create a link and just have it open separately in a new window?
if you are asking for an embedded widget, than we are sorry but that does not YET exist.
Certainly possible to be coded!

Offline jakev

Hi earth peoples

Is there a way to integrate a market on OL into my existing website, or do I need to create a link and just have it open separately in a new window?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Ok, I've got one:  Where did my balances go?

I recently dug up an old wallet from 2015.  It had about $17k BTS in it.  I downloaded two clients: 0.9.3 and the recent 2.0.160406. 

In bitshares 0.9.3c, ran: wallet_dump_account_private_key (my_account) private (2x for each of my accounts)
> It outputs the private keys which I copy

I went to the BitShares2 light client and pasted the private key into the Key Import tool.
It finds a valid key, but it says there are no assets.  It imports it and sure enough,  zero balances in both my accounts.

Why is this not working?

You should dump your owner and active keys (2 keys for each account using commands: wallet_dump_account_private_key <accountname> owner_key, wallet_dump_account_private_key <accountname> active_key). If you have vesting balances (after merger) use wallet_export_keys command.

More info you can find here: http://docs.bitshares.eu/migration/howto-exporting-wallet.html#export-via-the-console

In BitShares 1, there are actually 3 kinds of keys, owner, active and balance keys.
If you dumpt your account keys, all you will be able to import are your accounts (and control over them)

If you want to claim your balance, you also need the balance keys. Either you follow the migration guide or you try wallet_balance_ids (or something similar) .. that will give a pubkey for each of your balances (possibly several per account).

Offline testz

I recently dug up an old wallet from 2015.  It had about $17k BTS in it.  I downloaded two clients: 0.9.3 and the recent 2.0.160406. 

In bitshares 0.9.3c, ran: wallet_dump_account_private_key (my_account) private (2x for each of my accounts)

I went to the BitShares2 light client and pasted the private key into the Key Import tool.
It finds a valid key, but it says there are no assets.  It imports it and sure enough,  zero balances in both my accounts.

Why is this not working?

You should dump your owner and active keys (2 keys for each account using commands: wallet_dump_account_private_key <accountname> owner_key, wallet_dump_account_private_key <accountname> active_key). If you have vesting balances (after merger) use wallet_export_keys command.

More info you can find here: http://docs.bitshares.eu/migration/howto-exporting-wallet.html#export-via-the-console
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 05:53:04 am by testz »

Offline zubafel

• View Profile

Why is this not working?
zubafel | zub

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
Thanks for your help. I still got an error message. I tried to buy 1000 BTS but it says I don't have enough to pay the fee. I set up to pay the fee in OPEN:BTC but the confirmation page says I need .146 or so BTS. I tried to paste a screen shot but I can't seem to do it in this forum.

I too tried to post screen shoots. But couldn't. I know how to post images from the web, but not my own shoots. I seen other do it. What is your secret?

Upload your image to http://imgur.com/ and then use the generated link in your post here. 

Offline konelectric

Thanks for your help. I still got an error message. I tried to buy 1000 BTS but it says I don't have enough to pay the fee. I set up to pay the fee in OPEN:BTC but the confirmation page says I need .146 or so BTS. I tried to paste a screen shot but I can't seem to do it in this forum.

I too tried to post screen shoots. But couldn't. I know how to post images from the web, but not my own shoots. I seen other do it. What is your secret?
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz
Bhuz,
Just wanted to say thanks. I'll work things out with Poloniex about the withdraw. As far as trading goes, apparently the OPEN.BTC fee pool was empty (whatever that means) so my trade wasn't going through. Thanks again.

The fee pool is now full again. You should be able to make that transfer if you still want to.

You welcome :)

Offline tdboston

Bhuz,
Just wanted to say thanks. I'll work things out with Poloniex about the withdraw. As far as trading goes, apparently the OPEN.BTC fee pool was empty (whatever that means) so my trade wasn't going through. Thanks again.

Offline tdboston

Thanks for the heads up on that. I was wondering why it failed.

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
That's easy enough. I sent 1k BTS from Poloniex to Acct: 104833. I'm just waiting for it to show up so I can try out the decentralized exchange again.

You have to use your bitshares account Name, NOT ID!

Your account-name is "bboston1". Is even simpler than what you thought.

Contact poloniex and tell them that you sent to a non existing account. They should be able to recover those bts and refund you.

After that, just use your bitshares account-NAME! bboston1

Offline tdboston

That's easy enough. I sent 1k BTS from Poloniex to Acct: 104833. I'm just waiting for it to show up so I can try out the decentralized exchange again.

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
wow. screwed up the spelling on that. I remember NXT used to have a place where I sent BTC to an address and then the exchange happened behind the scenes and I just magically had NXT. Does Bitshares have something like that?

Yes. In my first reply to you I explained just that. That is the "Bridge" feature you can find in the bitshares wallet, on Deposit/Withdraw. In the Top Menu choose "METAEXCHANGE", Bridge -> BTS -> Deposit

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
Bhuz,
Thanks for your help. Somehow I have 1000 BTS on Poloniex. I think it might be because I had some old kind of Bitshares (Proto shares or something like that). I see how to withdraw on Poloniex but I don't see how to deposit on Bitshares. I go tot Deposit/Withdraw and BTS isn't even an option.

When you withdraw from poloniex, you only need to use your bitshares account-name as address!

Offline tdboston

wow. screwed up the spelling on that. I remember NXT used to have a place where I sent BTC to an address and then the exchange happened behind the scenes and I just magically had NXT. Does Bitshares have something like that?