Author Topic: Is it possible (now or future) to buy shares with physical gold?  (Read 2205 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline cusknee

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cusknee
Bump! Also interested in this escrow agent.

Offline Thom

List your gold for sale in marketplace, once you have a buyer and an agreed price and terms.

Contact an escrow agent,( I used cass for my escrow agreements and he did a good job)

Buyer sends BTSx to escrow agent, escrow agent confirms with both buyer and seller that they have received payment. You send gold to buyer, and once buyer confirms delivery of gold, payment is released to you the buyer,

Once you have BTSX you can buy BitGLD  :D

That's straightforward enough, except the part about choosing the escrow agent. You mentioned "cass", is that a user here? How do I verify his repulation? You may know him and have reasons to trust him but I'm new here. I mean I don't if I can trust bytemaster with such a trade (not that he would fiddle with such a trade), and he's the one  e v e r y o n e  trusts.

Sorry for such a newbie question, but it's a common problem I'm sure and probably questions like this come up frequently.

Your patience is appreciated.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline yellowecho

Hmm.. I'll keep this post in mind for the future.  I wouldn't be opposed to an escrow deal of gold>BTSX or gold>bitGLD but I'm not quite ready to sell just yet.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline soniq

• View Profile
List your gold for sale in marketplace, once you have a buyer and an agreed price and terms.

Contact an escrow agent,( I used cass for my escrow agreements and he did a good job)

Buyer sends BTSx to escrow agent, escrow agent confirms with both buyer and seller that they have received payment. You send gold to buyer, and once buyer confirms delivery of gold, payment is released to you the buyer,

Once you have BTSX you can buy BitGLD  :D
Pr7V9GUm59dtKWXG6RJSymPsyCaCKWwNEj
Soniq on Bitcointalk -- Verified
Bitshares btsx:soniq

Offline Thom

Wow, so this sounds like it's doable now. Could someone walk me through how to do that?
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline soniq

• View Profile
Welcome

List your gold for sale in  marketplace for BTSX

and use escrow
Pr7V9GUm59dtKWXG6RJSymPsyCaCKWwNEj
Soniq on Bitcointalk -- Verified
Bitshares btsx:soniq

Offline Thom

I just watched the replay of the 8/28 webinar and was disappointed in the rigid method required to obtain shares.

I've been loosely tuned into bitshares since I heard Micheal Dean discuss it in his freedom feens program when he jumped off the namecoin wagon and onto bitshares. I'm very interested in the domain registration DAC and of course several others.

My issue is how to get involved. I really, really dislike banks with a passion and really don't want to start off in the crypto space with ties to the corrupt banking world. Bitshares holds the promise of total freedom of finances, but NOT if transactions, even if only initial transactions, are tied to the banks controlled by the oligarchs.

I suspect the answer I want is somewhere down the road, but I wanted to ask the question to be sure. A related question is when will bitUSD and bitGLD DACs come online?

I'm not looking to invest much, I haven't got it. But I would like to drop an oz or 2 (40000 - 80000 bitshares) into this if I can find a way to do it.