Author Topic: PSA: I'm buying... and you probably should be too  (Read 6582 times)

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
I still don't understand how we are supposed to earn interest when we have the inactivity fees at the same time. Can we just send our assets to ourselves and problem solved?

Or how about inactivity fees get scrapped? Seriously whats the point of them. It makes cold storage a nightmare.

I actually really like the idea of inactivity fees. Like everything in life, tradeoffs must be made.

Primarily they eliminate "dead coins" - people die and unfortunately their private key will be lost when they do. This can either be left alone and we'll just consider it a dividend / deflation. OR the exchange can capture that power and use it strategically. Since BTSX is already deflationary by default I think using dead coins strategically is the superior option.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

On the other hand, I think BTC will rally when an ETF inevitably goes live.

What do you mean by this ?

He is referring to the Winklevoss twins' Bitcoin ETF fund. On the other hand it might cause BTC to drop because it might just be a way for them to dump their coins. Who knows.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

What do you mean by this ?
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I still don't understand how we are supposed to earn interest when we have the inactivity fees at the same time. Can we just send our assets to ourselves and problem solved?
*confirmed*

for 'cashing out' the 'interest' (name changed afaik) there will be a different RPC call .. or a new button somewhere in the client ..
I guess the button also automatically moves the funds .. let's see ..

Offline speedy

• View Profile

Or how about inactivity fees get scrapped? Seriously whats the point of them. It makes cold storage a nightmare.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline speedy

• View Profile
I want to braindump my current thoughts...

On the one hand, I want to convert the rest of my BTC into BTSX.

So far I've been dollar cost averaging for the past few weeks.

Decisions, decisions...

If BTC does rally, BTSX will rally automatically as well, because they are linked. Go all in!

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
I want to braindump my current thoughts...

On the one hand, I want to convert the rest of my BTC into BTSX.

So far I've been dollar cost averaging for the past few weeks.

Decisions, decisions...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 04:30:33 pm by MeTHoDx »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
+5%

So it's you I've been bidding against on Bter all day! :P

I got several small orders also that got outbid for almost 2.5 hours...
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
'Tis gonna get ridiculi my gang of strangers.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Welcome to the spacerocket to beyond the moon .. fasten your seat belts and enjoy the ride! Wooohoooo!

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
It does look like we are budding on a break upwards.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
 +5%

So it's you I've been bidding against on Bter all day! :P

Offline jae208

• View Profile
For any that have not been following this thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=8396.0;topicseen please be aware that a major breakthrough happened today.

Bytemaster proposed and implemented a mechanism for paying rewards (interest) to bitAsset investors.

This means that bitUSD, bitGLD, bitBTC, bitCNY or any bitAsset will now earn the holder rewards (interest).

Moreover, it is likely the rate will be substantially higher than offered by fiat institutions.

People all over the world can now hold their wealth in stable asset classes and enjoy a ROI that is greater than debt with basically zero counterparty risk.

The importance of this cannot be understated. The Eurozone is now pushing negative interest rates. Most other deposit/money market/cash interest rates are a fraction of a percent.

The world is absolutely rabid for yield, and everything with a decent yield is either obscenely inflated (equities) or comes with enormous counterparty risk (sovereign debt).

If BM is successful and bitUSD5 works there will be a tidal wave of wealth flowing into BTSX that will make BTC look like a Dogeparty.

The usual disclaimers apply - this is a high risk investment, don't invest more than you can lose and you are responsible for your own actions.

+5% +5%
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials