Author Topic: bitGold and bitSilver sooner than later. Sept 5th show !  (Read 4112 times)

Offline fuzzy

Update:  Will be holding a Dev Hangout for Cinni Developer who plans to do snapshots for TimeShares, honoring PTS/AGS (10/10) and Cinni (80%). 

This also means more potential to run delegates...more delegate slates...etc.

when?

I will give details soon.  It might be as soon as this Friday after Dan's Hangout.

Ok, will you update this topic or will it be a new one?

Completely new one.  Cinni Dev will be during the afterparty. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
Update:  Will be holding a Dev Hangout for Cinni Developer who plans to do snapshots for TimeShares, honoring PTS/AGS (10/10) and Cinni (80%). 

when?

I will give details soon.  It might be as soon as this Friday after Dan's Hangout.

Ok, will you update this topic or will it be a new one?
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline fuzzy

when?

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile

when?
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline fuzzy

Offline gamey

• View Profile
A hardfork is just thentechnical term for a protocol update that forces users to also update their client ...nothing more

If the guy really cared he could just listen to the audio and not question annotations.

https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/bitshares-community-and-developer-hangout-9-5-2014
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
A hardfork is just thentechnical term for a protocol update that forces users to also update their client ...nothing more

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Bitshares X (BTSX) hardfork ?

This means we will get diluted?  More BTSX or less BTSX we will individually own?

bitbro

Offline bobmaloney

"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 04:22:36 pm by gamey »

Offline gamey

• View Profile
03:11 Dan starts giving his update. Goes into hardforks and how they are needed to change rules, given the Bitshares X (BTSX) hardfork is right around corner.
6:15 Announcing the BitUSD Reward System. This reward system will be used for all assets and is the new replacement for the insurance fund.
7:50 How BitUSD currently works. How does BitUSD compare with credit card fees etc? Bytemaster then goes into specific numbers on how BTSX has performed since its release. BTSX metrics and discussed compared to other crypto-currencies. (NXT, XCP, LTC) etc.
12:15 Lets talk about how the hard-fork will lower requirements to enable BitSILVER and BitGold to sprint into existence.
12:25 The question is posed, “When will we be able to discard the delegate price feeds?”.
15:35 Explain the relevance of what is going on with BTSX versus the BTSX coinmarketcap.com
19:04 Fuzz asks, “Now that we have gold and silver, traditional Fiat hedges in BitAssets, what can be done to shutdown Bitshares X ?”
21:15 User asks for clarification on why market transactions are distinctly different on the blockchain.
22:15 How about cold-signing transactions like the BTC Armory wallet ? Dan answers about how dev resources are allocated and the expectation of BTSX to flourish like Bitcoin.
24:45 How are DPOS/Bitshares X delegates related to the Bitshares developer's fund ?
28:15 Lets announcing voting slates. Dan explains briefly what is involved to publish a slate. He also explains the GUI mechanics of Bitshares X Delegate voting. What does the thumbs down do ? How are multiple slates merged ? Isn't this more or less a web of trust implementation?
34:45 Enough about RDPOS etc for now, why is the new Bitshares X reward program superior ?
40:35 Are any transaction fees hard-coded into the BTSX blockchain?
42:39 What is ByteMaster's opinion of clones of BTSX/BitShares X. How do these altcoins or clones compare to Bitcoin forks ?
44:40 In regards to Bitcoin forks – BTSX clones will likely innovate on the BTSX rewards system vs a lot of the Proof of Work solutions. Why AGS/PTS holders have more value for stakedrops (sharedrops).
48:15 How does the inactivity fee work versus the Bitshares-X Reward System ? Don't these 2 things work in an opposing manner ? BM reminds everyone that blockchain balances actually cost the network in resources.
57:00 Someone asks Dan for his opinions on Ethereum as far as an investment. Dan suggests that BTSX will potentially have a larger developer's fund than Ethereum if BTSX grows a reasonable amount.
58:40 Dan Larimer departs and gets back to Bitshares X software development.
58:50 Xeroc starts talking about his charity delegates and the issues he has faced. It seems that because BTSX and BTC addresses are algorithmically the same he could send BTSX/BitUSD to BTC keys/addresses, if he knew the receiver was willing to redeem the keys !!
1:09 Xeroc explains how he really wants full transparency through the whole process. Possible difficulties using BTSX as a crypto-currency with TITAN etc.
1:18 Xeroc talks more about his delegate transparency in technical detail. Interesting stuff for Bitcoin merchants and other altcoin stores or similar sites.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 04:15:37 pm by gamey »

Offline gamey

• View Profile
No intro.  Gave it up for now.  Lighter editing and not necessarily as good as before.  I don't think it matters because this stuff is on spot.  If anyone is curious about the market peg, and what is the most up to date discussion on the mechanics, then listen etc. I want to hype but I think this should speak for itself.

https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/bitshares-community-and-developer-hangout-9-5-2014
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 04:17:30 pm by gamey »