Author Topic: Time to convince BitPay to adopt BitUSD.  (Read 4070 times)

Offline lucky331

• View Profile
get offtopic there sorry. lol.  imagine a crypto nerd like me talking to clueless people almost evangalizing the cryptozzz.
I can feel you.

However, I do not really like clearing house and viacoin as they built ontop of counterparty which builts on top of bitcoin which is backed by mining and we all know where this is going ..
If they were to use a pos scheme thinks would look alot different .. I like the concept .. but not the technical implemention

i won't get into a debate about POW vs POS.  i honestly think both are great and the whole of crypto is awesome.  another crypto is not the enemy..  it's fiat.  so no arguments which crypto implementation is better.  i am just amazed that really smart people are creating value on the internet and could possibly take the control of 'money' away from governments and big corporations. 

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
get offtopic there sorry. lol.  imagine a crypto nerd like me talking to clueless people almost evangalizing the cryptozzz.
I can feel you.

However, I do not really like clearing house and viacoin as they built ontop of counterparty which builts on top of bitcoin which is backed by mining and we all know where this is going ..
If they were to use a pos scheme thinks would look alot different .. I like the concept .. but not the technical implemention

Offline lucky331

• View Profile
too early imo. i'd like to see more exchanges to have bitUSD available for trading and get the volume up.  this would only mean more and more people are holding, buying-selling it. and the more volume and the more people that buy and sell it, it will have tighter spreads making the volatility also go down. 

by then, it would make sense for merchants to accept bitUSD.

Is it really too early if the peg officially works? If the peg works then the whole industry needs it ASAP.

For example if I want to pay people in cryptocurrency now I can do it with BitUSD but no company is set up to help me so I keep cashing out into fiat.

Another example is if I want to get paid in cryptocurrency, there is no company to allow me to get paid in any asset I choose. This would be wonderful if we could all work and get paid in any BitAsset.

Finally businesses that might want to hold onto some cryptocurrency currently cannot. They are forced to cash out. Overstock, NewEgg, Dell, and others all seem to be interested in holding. Suppose we have BitUSD which actually gains in value?

Demand is coming from everywhere and it's really only a matter of whether or not the technology works. If it works then we should approach the moment we can prove it works.

You're right about the client but think of the fact that it's open source. If we get corporations on board like BitPay, Overstock, Dell, they could fund development of the client because it might actually be in their economic self interest to do it. The same way IBM and other companies funded Linux development.

i'm all for the tech, don't get me wrong.  but before we get to where we all want to be at, there are steps that bitshares has to get through.  and the most important imo is to get bitASSETS accepted in more exchanges, payment processors.

one short cut to that is what fuznuts is doing.  getting a stellar/ripple gateway set up.  if you have that, you automatically could send yourself anyone bitUSD -> to whatever currency available in stellar/ripple.  that's another tech that's really really underrated. watchout for those two. 

the only problem with stellar/ripple is the distribution of their respective currencies.  they should copy what clearinghouse and viacoin are doing. 

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Bitcoin core developer Jeff Garzik is with Bitpay.
I'd also go for a smaller payment processor which has to distinguish itself from Bitpay to survive, Bips and Gogocoin come to mind.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
in my opinion bitUSD for "outsiders" will be interesting if they can easiely change into USD onto exchances. So far only bter
provides this service and if you sell right now your bitUSD you have to accept 5% discount end the market depths can only handle
a small amount.
so we need time and maybe you take a portion of your BTSX and start trading everyday in the intern exchange and also at bter. everything
else will follow automatically.

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
More exchanges and payment processors are definitely needed! I'm not sure if Bitpay would be down though, they have been somewhat reluctant to adopt ALT coins. I have been trying to get in contact with some that do though, we could use some help if you have some time: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=8384.0
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
too early imo. i'd like to see more exchanges to have bitUSD available for trading and get the volume up.  this would only mean more and more people are holding, buying-selling it. and the more volume and the more people that buy and sell it, it will have tighter spreads making the volatility also go down. 

Is it really too early if the peg officially works? If the peg works then the whole industry needs it ASAP.

For example if I want to pay people in cryptocurrency now I can do it with BitUSD but no company is set up to help me so I keep cashing out into fiat.

Another example is if I want to get paid in cryptocurrency, there is no company to allow me to get paid in any asset I choose. This would be wonderful if we could all work and get paid in any BitAsset.

Finally businesses that might want to hold onto some cryptocurrency currently cannot. They are forced to cash out. Overstock, NewEgg, Dell, and others all seem to be interested in holding. Suppose we have BitUSD which actually gains in value?

Demand is coming from everywhere and it's really only a matter of whether or not the technology works. If it works then we should approach the moment we can prove it works.

You're right about the client but think of the fact that it's open source. If we get corporations on board like BitPay, Overstock, Dell, they could fund development of the client because it might actually be in their economic self interest to do it. The same way IBM and other companies funded Linux development.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline lucky331

• View Profile
and it would help to have a less buggy client.  plus syncing is so slow for me.  and i lost one of my registered names.  things aren't looking good at the technical side right now. 

it would be nice to have them fixed so people who are willing to try it wouldn't be turned off from the project..  or crypto for that matter. 

we need to get more people to use the tech.  but as things are with the client.  it wouldn't be bad to hold your horses. 
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 06:09:59 am by lucky331 »

Offline lucky331

• View Profile

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Once interest is implemented and appears to work why not contact BitPay and whomever they are in competition with to see if they'll adopt BitUSD?

If BitPay refuses then go to their competition and offer the technology to them. If both refuse then it's time to consider starting a competitor service. It has to be made easy for organizations to accept BitUSD.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads