Author Topic: How to show our appreciation to Bytemaster  (Read 3409 times)

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com
 +5%
Thanks for bringing this up!  I am all in, let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

We ALL owe him so much, and don't want him to ever burn out.

Offline Methodise

Naww.

Here's a different perspective; let's chain him to his desk.

BTS: methodise

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5% .. I thought about this too .. and his recent sickness might be the result of the overwhelming duties and recent progress ..
however, we need to also address vikram, dan N., toast, stan and all those that are doing the coding without us noticing ..

maybe we can send them something to take a break during the work day ..
 - table tennis
 - massage chairs
 - espresso machine
 - a bunch of fruits

I think there are plenty of ways for them to get a short break and enjoy life ..

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
It seems to me that Bytemaster has been working like a lunatic for months. Can we think of a way to show our appreciation for his efforts?

The following is entirely speculation.
He might like some time off to relax, get pampered or just get away from it all on a holiday.  He may feel unwilling or unable to take a break because of all the commitments. With the amount of stuff to do, there perhaps will be no good time for him to do this. Maybe it's up to us to, therefore, to say, "Hey Bitemaster, we think you've put so much into this that you deserve a holiday! Go for it!". Now, I don't know when would be the most suitable time for this - that would have to be gauged somehow.

I have thought of various possible scenarios whereby it could be difficult or unwise for Bitemaster to announce that he's having a holiday. I'm creating this topic on the off-chance that any of these scenarios currently exists.  If the community encourages him to have a holiday it could feasibly enable it to happen (now or in the future), when it otherwise wouldn't have.

Of course it's not unlikely that what I'm saying here is way off the mark. It could even be offensive, nonconstructive or damaging somehow. Maybe Bitemaster has had a holiday, or is perfectly capable of organizing his own life! If that's the case then I'm sorry, and the topic can be deleted.

Sorry Bytemaster if my interfering is unwanted. This topic arose in my mind as I tried to imagine what it might have been like for you over recent times! The whole Bitshares thing to date has been an epic journey! Long may it continue (but with holidays :P)...

Should this be made into a poll?
Anyone have any thoughts, suggestions or criticisms?
Should the above be applied to other members of the team as well as Bytemaster?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads