Author Topic: Is buypts.com a scam? (update - probably not a scam)  (Read 7584 times)

Offline arubi

• View Profile
OP edited in response to PM from arubi.

Thank you for being considerate in this matter. I sincerely believe a service such as our own, will in (short) time be an integral part of the distribution and appreciation of Protoshares and Bitshares in the emerging 'casual' market share of crypto's.

Offline Evan

• View Profile
  • BitShares: evan
OP edited in response to PM from arubi.

Offline arubi

• View Profile

Fair enough, can we at least establish that there is no scamming going on on Buypts.com ?

Are you the owner of the buypts site?

The original ID first announcing the site is banned by myself. I send my warning not post the site link as ad in other topics, but should focusing the announcement topic itself. But the ID kept posting here and there instead of solving users' problem in his own thread. Then I triggered the ban. After that I did not receive any explanation from the owner, and more than two IDs had reported losing their PTS or BTC on the site.

Before the site contact mods and mods can confirm with former victims that the problems are solved, butpts is treated as scam and listed here.

I think you're confusing Buypts.com with a different website. This is the first time our website has ever been advertised on bitsharestalk.org. You're probably talking about ptsbuy.com, which is not affiliated with Buypts.com.

edit:

Thanks for clearing this. No harm done :)

I will edit my previous post and make apology there also. But I won't change the OP by Evan, since it is a question mark post. Is this solution fine with you?

Yes this is fine, thanks.
I'll pm Evan and ask if he could edit his OP too.

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum

Fair enough, can we at least establish that there is no scamming going on on Buypts.com ?

The original ID first announcing the site is banned by myself. I send my warning not post the site link as ad in other topics, but should focusing the announcement topic itself. But the ID kept posting here and there instead of solving users' problem in his own thread. Then I triggered the ban. After that I did not receive any explanation from the owner, and more than two IDs had reported losing their PTS or BTC on the site.

Before the site contact mods and mods can confirm with former victims that the problems are solved, butpts is treated as scam and listed here.

I think you're confusing Buypts.com with a different website. This is the first time our website has ever been advertised on bitsharestalk.org. You're probably talking about ptsbuy.com, which is not affiliated with Buypts.com.

edit:

I will edit my previous post and make apology there also. But I won't change the OP by Evan, since it is a question mark post. Is this solution fine with you?
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline arubi

• View Profile

edit:

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
I double checked, it seems a misunderstanding from our side.

The original scam is ptsbuy dot com instead of buypts.com, and the ID i referred is ptsbuy. So here is my apology about the scamming statement I made.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

I think you're referring to ptsbuy http://protoshares.tumblr.com/post/66781399107/ptsbuy-exchange-alleged-scam

or do they look alike? (won't visit)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 06:34:53 pm by favdesu »

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum

Offline arubi

• View Profile

This post does not follow the forum rules, why should it stay up?

We open this board not only for the reporting after the scam happened, but also for any accusation user want to make based on their observation. The scam reporting format is merely a suggestion,  it is totally ok and allowed if user is suspicious about an exchange site and report here. I believe the site owner will contact mods if they think they are misunderstood or the accusations are unfair.

We want to build an open community for discussion. Format is not a big issue, although we suggest users follow the format in some particular boards.

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum

We open this board not only for the reporting after the scam happened, but also for any accusation user want to make based on their observation. The scam reporting format is merely a suggestion,  it is totally ok and allowed if user is suspicious about an exchange site and report here. I believe the site owner will contact mods if they think they are misunderstood or the accusations are unfair.

We want to build an open community for discussion. Format is not a big issue, although we suggest users follow the format in some particular boards.

Offline arubi

• View Profile
This is Scam Accusations for a reason. So unless someone from this forum decides to test your service and vouch for it, the accusation will stay up.

From the rules :

Scam Report Format

Copy and paste the following in new thread then fill all data.

Code: [Select]
[b]What happened:[/b]
[b]Scammers Profile Link: [/b]
[b]Reference Link: [/b]
[b]Amount Scammed:[/b]
[b]Payment Method: [/b]
[b]Proof of Payment:[/b]
[b]PM/Chat Logs: [/b]
[b]Additional Notes: [/b]

Scam report example:

What happened:
I saw Amazon's thread 4 days ago and placed a order for 10000 ProtoShares. After I sent him payment, he just went offline and never came back. I think he's a big liar and a scam. Stay away from him.
Scammers Profile Link: http://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1
Reference Link: http://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=658.0
Amount Scammed: 100BTC
Payment Method: Bitcoin
Proof of Payment: Blockchain transaction
PM/Chat Logs: Picture link of the screen shot
Additional Notes: I advise you to not deal with this user until this dispute is resolved.

Some Tips:
  • Search about the scammer first, use google to search for his/her details, other forum profiles, past scam reports and link to them in your scam report.
  • Always try to provide chat/PM logs as a screenshot if it's possible.
  • Use sites like https://imgur.com to upload images and https://pastebin.com or http://pastie.org for text based chat logs, although these may not be treated as good proof due to possible fakes.
  • Make sure to provide as much as info you have, like the payment address, instant messenger ID's, etc.
  • Use escrow and be safe.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
This is Scam Accusations for a reason. So unless someone from this forum decides to test your service and vouch for it, the accusation will stay up.

Offline arubi

• View Profile
I'm incredibly sorry, I thought you wouldn't have a problem buying for 0.25, since you value @0.25. You'd take 0 loss and could show your intentions to the public.

But I agree, no need to spread FUD, this site is driven by greed :)

Please, I asked once before to keep this civil. There's no need for sarcasm.

Now, I've been running a retail store a good part of my life, and this is how retail work. If you want to buy a gold ring, you go to a store and pay extra for the same amount of gold you could have gotten if you bought it in bulk from a supplier, took it to a goldsmith and designed the ring by yourself.

This is the case with crypto's. If you want a Protoshare, you either fire up every single idle core you have in your house, or you start walking down the beaten path of "USD -> BTC/USD -> BTC/PTS". Not everyone have time for these things and many, as our research show, would happily avoid this headache for a fee.

I don't mind being called greedy, it's just an insult on the internet, but if you really agree there's no need for more FUD, please either remove this post from the scam accusations sub-forum or at least make it clear that our business is not a scam, and there was never evidence of a scam.

Offline srcgpsmp

• View Profile
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 10:29:39 am by srcgpsmp »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
I'm incredibly sorry, I thought you wouldn't have a problem buying for 0.25, since you value @0.25. You'd take 0 loss and could show your intentions to the public.

But I agree, no need to spread FUD, this site is driven by greed :)