Author Topic: BitUSD Yield (aka Interest) Scheduled for Launch Wednesday  (Read 29556 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Is this working properly?  I don't see my estimated yield going up and the value is a lot less than I thought it would be after holding some bitUSD a couple of weeks.
yield is only active for 2 days now .. so holding it for some weeks is currently worth 2 days :-)

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
Is this working properly?  I don't see my estimated yield going up and the value is a lot less than I thought it would be after holding some bitUSD a couple of weeks.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 04:23:14 am by sschechter »
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline bytemaster

just a update but it looks like the interest is gone because I transferred money to myself. Yield est. is now zero. can anyone inform me what the correct way to collect interest from bitUSD is? don't want to lose anymore money guessing.

if this is true does it mean we loose yield every time we vote ?

Actually I think you RECEIVE the interest when you make a transaction. I sent some BitUSD to some for shirts and some interest was added to my account I think. I could be wrong but Check your transaction history.

Yes, when you make a transaction your "estimated yield' turns into "paid out yield".
Is there a way to see the paid out yield in the GUI/CLI yet? Does not seem to be represented by any particular transaction.

Filter your transaction history with the phrase "yield" and you will see it.  It only gets paid as part of transactions that move BitUSD/etc.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
just a update but it looks like the interest is gone because I transferred money to myself. Yield est. is now zero. can anyone inform me what the correct way to collect interest from bitUSD is? don't want to lose anymore money guessing.

Actually I think you RECEIVE the interest when you make a transaction. I sent some BitUSD to some for shirts and some interest was added to my account I think. I could be wrong but Check your transaction history.

Yes, when you make a transaction your "estimated yield' turns into "paid out yield".
Is there a way to see the paid out yield in the GUI/CLI yet? Does not seem to be represented by any particular transaction.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline GaltReport

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
After GLD/SLV... articles like these: http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2014/09/11/heres-what-the-bank-of-england-thinks-of-bitcoin/ where critics have argued bitcoin wouldn't be adapted for reasons stated within, would quickly be countered with what bitsharesx could offer.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline oldman

• View Profile
awesome!

WTI next? Or GLD?

I would vote for GLD/SLV.

There is literally trillions of wealth stored in these metals.

Most of the wealth, however, amount to claims on assets held by third parties that may or may not exist (see COMEX inventory etc). ie. The counterparty risk is enormous.

This means there is a vast quantity of wealth that wants exposure to the price of PMs but don't want to physically hold the metals.

bitGLD is way to gain exposure to price movement without the counterparty risk. And get a decent yield to boot.

Get GLD/SLV bootstrapped and then put out a few well-placed press releases. Bam.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
Well let's wait and see now I am really interested to see what happens. Anyone look on bter and see what bitusd is trading at ;)

Offline Riverhead

Interesting, what happens at 3 pm tomorrow. What are you baseing this guess off of? Did I miss something?

0 yield for 24 hours on bitUSD then it starts...or perhaps becomes claimable. There's a link somewhere where BM lays it out. However I suspect what happened to you wasn't by design as you never really didn't own it.

Maybe it'll show up in your account tomorrow. It's not like you didn't earn it. Shouldn't lose it for early claim.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
Interesting, what happens at 3 pm tomorrow. What are you baseing this guess off of? Did I miss something?