Author Topic: BitUSD Yield (aka Interest) Scheduled for Launch Wednesday  (Read 29776 times)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Sorry to hear that.
My guess is you should have waited till 3:00pm Eastern time tomorrow. Just a guess though.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
Ok so I have a est. yield for bitUSD how and when do I collect it, as others have said it would be great to see the % we are getting for holding bitUSD. So far it looks good to me.
I transferred the bitUSD amount to myself thinking that might allow me to collect it but it took my est. yield to 0.00 and I didn't get any "interest".

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
Ok so I have a est. yield for bitUSD how and when do I collect it, as others have said it would be great to see the % we are getting for holding bitUSD. So far it looks good to me.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Great job on the BitUSD Yield! It's such a big deal to me.

I see there's already 'Estimated yield'. I would personally like to see 'BitAssets Current Annual Yield %' prominently displayed?

I think most people will be comparing it to the kind of interest/yield rate they can get elsewhere vs. BitAssets and most compare annual percentages. Even if it's variable, I would think what BitAssets currently yield expressed an annual percentage prominently displayed is most marketable.

I am holding bitUSD and my account shows an "Estimated Yield" as a USD amount. My question is what does that represent? Is that a day's worth, a month's worth, an annual yield? The amount does not seem to fit any of those.

BM said the yield was retroactive. Try a daily rate from the day you purchased the bitUSD?

I don't think so. At 5% I would have had to have held the bitUSD for 27 days to get to the amount of estimated yield.

Current the total yield is 0.003936 (aka 0.3936%). I do not know the total time that bitUSD have been in existence but must be something like 3 weeks; My total yield, as of last night, was 0.478 bitUSD which means that I must have held 121.43 bitUSD on average for the whole period. It does seem a bit high (but totally possible), as I have held, granted bigger amounts, but just for trading purposes (i.e. until I close the position, usually in far less time than 24h).
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 11:00:56 pm by tonyk »

Offline Riverhead

I see there's already 'Estimated yield'. I would personally like to see 'BitAssets Current Annual Yield %' prominently displayed?

I think most people will be comparing it to the kind of interest/yield rate they can get elsewhere vs. BitAssets and most compare annual percentages. Even if it's variable, I would think what BitAssets currently yield expressed an annual percentage prominently displayed is most marketable.

I am holding bitUSD and my account shows an "Estimated Yield" as a USD amount. My question is what does that represent? Is that a day's worth, a month's worth, an annual yield? The amount does not seem to fit any of those.

BM said the yield was retroactive. Try a daily rate from the day you purchased the bitUSD?

I don't think so. At 5% I would have had to have held the bitUSD for 27 days to get to the amount of estimated yield.

Maybe we're kicking the pants off 5%? :D

Offline onceuponatime

Offline Riverhead

Offline onceuponatime

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
2 Cheers for THE Bytemaster.

Hip Hip Hooray.
Hip Hip Hooray.

We save the third for something special done.

Offline Riverhead

Sounds like an opportunity for a 3rd party site with some sweet graphs :).

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

+5%

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

What happens If I want to change vote with my savings account?

Voting doesn't affect BitAssets.

So I can vote with my BTSX held as collateral?

Not yet, but eventually :)
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG

So I can vote with my BTSX held as collateral?

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.