Author Topic: On-ramp for the masses to get BitUSD  (Read 1074 times)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Looking at details for cob's music company based on BitShares music (PeerTracks?) I found this:

"When they fund their account with 20 USD of fiat, they get 20 BitUSD. This is what they spend while shopping for music."

Could the general public access BitUSD using the following method in order to avoid exchanges?:
  • Deposit USD to an online company such as PeerTracks
  • Decide not to purchase anything and ask for a "credit note" in the form of BitUSD

I'm not intending for this to be done with PeerTracks, as it would probably not benefit them - it's just to illustrate an example.
Not sure where this idea stands legally. I'm assuming that there are problems with outright selling BitUSD to the public and wonder if this could be a workaround.

how is it any different from selling Bitcoin?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
Edit: Don't bother reading this! It's a waste of time. How can I delete the topic? Do I need to contact a moderator?

Looking at details for cob's music company based on BitShares music (PeerTracks?) I found this:

"When they fund their account with 20 USD of fiat, they get 20 BitUSD. This is what they spend while shopping for music."

Could the general public access BitUSD using the following method in order to avoid exchanges?:
  • Deposit USD to an online company such as PeerTracks
  • Decide not to purchase anything and ask for a "credit note" in the form of BitUSD

I'm not intending for this to be done with PeerTracks, as it would probably not benefit them - it's just to illustrate an example.
Not sure where this idea stands legally. I'm assuming that there are problems with outright selling BitUSD to the public and wonder if this could be a workaround.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 06:58:33 pm by hadrian »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads