Author Topic: Imagine  (Read 19763 times)

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio
Friends don't let friends make music videos

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rRU3pWkiG3k

Good god man, Will ! please... Leave to Caesar !!!

Seriously, with the right on screen talent  bm's first entree could be a success, just be careful with the casting. Protect the brand.
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline unimercio

• View Profile
If this is something the community really wants...I can get together with the same producer that I worked with on the Welcome To The Blockchain song and we can create something original for Bitshares....am I to understand that there will be a minimum 500 BitUSD reward if it is favored by the community?

Yes... actually it will be "favored by me" because it should represent my vision... but I will highly factor in community opinion.

Evolvo, if you can do a song like that for BitShares, then Dan won't be the only one sending some BTS or BitUSD your way. The lyrics could frame the vision or they could help explain it or both.

What I'm envisioning is something that communicates the advantages of Bitshares from a technological, financial, and macro-economic perspective while underpinning that with the philosophical foundation upon which it rests.  I hope that's something that Bytemaster and the community can get behind.

Ditto  +5%

Offline unimercio

• View Profile
I do have an inner conflict about using this song as it "sacred" and I would be pissed off with any company that 'tampered' with it for financial gain.  It could create a very negative knee-jerk response in anger at a company defacing a masterpiece and I have that feeling myself too, so I would prefer a different song be used!  This could stir up a lot of negativity towards bitshares, what would I tell my friends lol?  This is the kind of thing I would complain to them about, a company using dead artists gift to the world for profit.  Is the song choice open for discussion?  I would go for something more catchy and trivial.  Maybe it being controversial and highly emotive could make it very effective.  I don't know.  Still its a very risky play.

If I have no choice in the matter and this song will be used anyway, I at least want it done effectively so here is my contribution:

Imagine

The song is very sombre if you listen to the original, if it's going to be used for marketing a remix should be used.  I found this remix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbxKb4AFoes.  Perhaps the creator could be paid for his permission for us to use it.  It conveniently has no lyrics so they could simply be sung over the top. 

These lyrics are be sung melodramatically, emotionally and clearly by an individual man with a small backing choir of girls or a lone very strong black female singer giving humorously dramatic and sexy echoes of the verses as they are sung (echoes are written in brackets)

Try listening though it with the remix starting at 1 minute 30 seconds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbxKb4AFoes

In Verse 1 theres a pause between the the main lyric and the echo, with the next line starting just as the echo ends.  In verse two the echoes start immediately or overlapping with the main lyric line.

Verse 1:

Imagine there's free banking --pause-- (free banking)
it's here for everyone --pause--  (for everyone)
Nobody is left outside (no no no)
Not a single one --pause--  (not even a single one!)
Imagine there's free banking (ooh ohh ohh)
All sing:  Earning you interest

Chorus:
You may say we are a business
And we open for you now (wow ohh)
I hope today you'll join us
and deposit to Bitshares

Verse 2:

Imagine there's no borders (imagine theres no borders)
no international fees, (no international fees no no)
hidden bills are sent to the hills (sent too the hills yeah)
And tax payers funds aren't used (yes we're actually solvent) (spoken not sung)
Imagine there's no borders
We have no remittance fees!

Chorus:
You may say we are a business
And we open for you now (wow ohh)
I hope today you'll join us
and deposit to Bitshares

Perhaps there could be images of "give peace a chance" shown at the start of the video and end with "Give Bitshares a Chance"  Thought I'd add that idea in there.

Right on...  +5% +5% +5%
With bm's lyrical genius, your musical talent and my good looks we have the makings of a one hit wonder.
 8)

Offline unimercio

• View Profile
BM has given up coding and now composing songs while walking up mountain trails.

We are all doomed!! Sell everything!!

Lol lol indeed doomed !!!!

Hey,  FUD packer !!! Don't be a hater man.

BM has earned enough street credits here to drunk text all f&@!ng weekend. All work and no play makes Johnny.... you know the rest.

A little yin will only make his yang that much, mo better. His code a little sweeter, our wallets a little greener.

Give the kid a little leg room.

8)

« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 02:00:37 pm by unimercio »

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Weird... in the frenzy of my last nights posting and the forum software playing ticks on me, my response to Emperical got lost...

In short, do you believe that the crime in GB is less than in your home country because the Brits have 50x better penalties or better law enforcement or better police? Or just because the criminals are 50x less likely to commit crimes?

My answer is simple -  there are 50 better ways to make a living in GB, so the crime is about 50x less...

And doubling the # of persons, the money spent on crime prevention, and doubling the penalties in any of those 2 will do nothing to  the real crime level.

All of those are a factor. Better law enforcement is the key though. 
You are either harshly deterred by the likelihood of getting caught & the punishment, be it from law or violence from community justice. (Given the choice between community violence or shunning, few would choose the violence, hence the communities free market solution to deterring crime is violence  :( ) Where deterrents are ineffective, good law enforcement can at least remove people from society.  As I mentioned though even the best legal system is not without many terrible faults.

Only people sheltered by a semi-functioning first world legal system and a poor understanding of human psychology tend to believe in far more idealistic alternatives. I think the alternatives sound wonderful though, I encourage pursuit of them whether through blockchain technology or other methods, any ways of creating respectful harmonious societies that require less threats of force or violence. Just don't expect me or my loved ones to live in them till the concepts are fairly well proven in practice.

Edit: My current framework revolves around maximum individual freedom, whilst protecting people from violence, rape & serious crime. I also want to protect 'alleged' criminals from violence too.
My belief is any form of psychological punishment is both an insufficient psychological deterrent for violent crime and insufficient psychological punishment/justice from the POV of the victim and their loved ones that are affected by it, at this current stage of human evolution. Many rapists, murderers and people who enjoy violence are repeat offenders and so society is protected if they are removed. So I am in favour of a some legal system to deal with this issues and have yet to see something I consider a viable alternative.

Very well said and there is far more truth in this than most posts with an ideological bent.  Criminals drift around all the time.  Shunning them only works within localized communities and only when they're not a serious threat to others.  You can shun a thief all day, but that won't keep him from stealing your property... and it gets worse.  I actually believe in violence has to be part of any solution without a state.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
somdbody can create a assert own to own the song ,
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline roadscape

Imagine there's no bitshares
its easy if you try
no money for us
above us only sky
imagine all the people
working without pay

you-hoo-oooh ooo

imagine there's no sovereign
it isn't hard to do
nothing to kill or die for
nothing for you to do
imagine all the people
living life in peace

you may say we are dreamers
but were not the only ones
bitcoin and doge doggies will join us
bitshares crypto will be the one

imagine your possessions
to keep because you can
no greed or hunger
you feed your fellow man
imagine all the bitshares
sharing all the world

you hoo ooh ooo

you may say Dan's a dreamer
but he's not the only one
I hope someday you will join him
but for now you should code for fun

+5%.
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline BTS007

• View Profile
http://
WELL!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 02:06:47 am by BTS007 »
BTS ID:bts007

Offline fuzzy

I think we sell the GOAL and not the MEANS.     BitShares is an imperfect attempt/compromise to realize a universal goal:  non-violence and world peace and prosperity.  I am just uncompromising in my pursuit of those goals.   

You certainly have my support in striving for these goals, and I'll remember you said the text I highlighted.

I don't know who / what sources you have studied to arrive here with your non-statist perspective, but I can "imagine" contributors like Stefan Molyneux and Larken Rose to name just a two.

When I see threads like this I feel like a 4 year old trying to relate how alien beings just landed in the backyard to his grand dad. So much must be understood about human behavior, psychopathy, sociology and history to paint a comprehensive picture about why the concept of authority is so powerful yet so terrible.

I'm not talking about authority as in expertise. That is earned, it has merit and that is what has value. Real experts have "authority" not b/c someone says they do but rather b/c they have results to show they are experts. Labels people or institutions associate with someone are just claims which are often hollow and without substance to back them up.

Authority is a good example of a word whose use has been manipulated and twisted, blurring the distinction between authority which is arbitrary, appointed and a symbol of power and control to that which deserves respect because of work performed or practical knowledge attained through experience or intrinsic abilities.

Authority is a religion and it is belief and trust in it that is the cause of more death than ANY OTHER FACTOR. "I was just following orders". Look up the Milgram experiment and then tell me you think authority is rational. How does such a value become so ingrained in the human psyche that they will sacrifice their own self interests, ignore their own values and beliefs to defer to those of "some authority"?

The fundamental reason is b/c we're trained that way by our parents which is further reinforced by society and societies' institutions. We are no longer taught how to think or how to ask questions to ascertain truth.

Yes...the milgram experiment is what acares me about the world we live in.  The principles there are precisely the reason  why I personalky value open forum style hangouts over pundits interviewing devs in crypto.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Geneko

• View Profile
We are going for mainstream (next year)... but in the short term we need to find more "true believers" who are in this for the vision and not just the service.

Than I suggest song with better message:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OGd4gplxQM

:D

Offline Riverhead

Early adoption is not a one-size-fits-all proposition.

+5%

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I had some drinks so my artistic feelings came out today so here it goes...

(starting with rethum from Hey you Pink Floyd):

Hey you...Out there in the system,
getting lonely,
getting broke will you see it?
Hey you...
Standing at the edge with no money on your account will you see it??
Hey Youuuu.... please wake up and see the liiight...
DON'T GIVE IN WITHOUT A FIGHT!!

(Continuing with Comfortably numb rethum)

WAKE UP WAKE UP...Bit assets are out there...
Come on Now I hear you are feeling down
I can ease your pain, get you on your feet again
Relax relax I need some information first,
Just the basic facts, can you teach me about Bitshares? 

(And then put imagine rethum...)
Bitshares have no limit…
Its easy if you try….
No corruption and frauds,
Above us only freedom
Imagine transferring easily money
Aaaaacross the Net….
Ahah, aahh
Please re – imagine…
It isn’t hard to do…
Bitshares to free you all…and no need for banks too…
Please re- imagine…
Mooooving funds for freeeee….
Yoohoo, oohhhh
You may say Bitshares is a dream…
But this is not the case…
I hope someday you ‘ll realize it
AND THE WORLD WILL LIVE AS ONE!!

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Remember the TED video... we are still small...  if we can win over the 10% of the 3% that voted for Ron Paul we will have a huge user base.   Bitcoin was born on the backs of these users and has gone astray.   If we can recover and convert the original Bitcoin believers then they can do for us what they did for Bitcoin.   

I think we sell the GOAL and not the MEANS.     BitShares is an imperfect attempt/compromise to realize a universal goal:  non-violence and world peace and prosperity.  I am just uncompromising in my pursuit of those goals.   As long as we are careful to separate the goal from the means we can gain support from everyone.

I was under the impression that we were going after a more mainstream audience? I must have missed the thread where this plan changed.
I'm fine with focusing on a libertarian audience and I guess having a politically charged "leader" works in that case. Just keep in mind that if we were to go after a mainstream audience it would hurt us (unless going after a mainstream audience is out the window?).

P.S. to anyone who thinks I'm talking about the song, I'm not. The song is fine. I'm talking about BM's political comments that don't directly have to do with BTS.

This is one of many coming efforts to reach out to attract "early adopters", demographic-by-demographic, while we continue to pursue the main stream on the simple merits. 

Each demographic has its own reasons to like BitShares.  We want to articulate those reasons in ways with which groups of people can identify easily.

Early adoption is not a one-size-fits-all proposition.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 10:39:08 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline evolvo

You can't talk about the "how" without explaining conceptually at least what the advantages are...these are technological AND economic advantages.  To be honest I don't fully understand how the technology works (coding, etc..)..I simply understand the concepts and how they relate to the larger ideals of freedom, economics, etc..

This is an idealist vision, but it also has a practical side. In aiming for a utopian vision, I think it's perfectly okay to highlight what needs to change for us to get there. BitShares enables many of those changes. I'm upset my bank charges me high fees. Why does it need to take days to send money to someone? Now they got hacked and everyone's social security numbers were stolen. Makes me want to tear up my credit cards and live free. In a good way. The anger is part of breaking free and declaring independence, releasing from that system and embracing a better future.

exactly
Welcome To The Blockchain (The Bitcoin Song) - by Toby + Decap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbzNJr26H-4