Author Topic: What happened to the Cryptsy will honor the BitShares X thread...  (Read 1253 times)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
What's the climate over at Cryptsy, I have some small funds located over there, are they stuck now?

Offline johncitizen

• View Profile
A well written impostor.

Odd that they will not honour the snapshot. How has every other self respecting exchange done so and not Cryptsy?

Seals it for me. No more trades of mine will pass through that exchange. It is an abuse of trust and display of greed.

Does leave the question...

What are they doing with all the PTS held at snapshot? Claiming from genesis and reaping the profits? This sounds like a juicy story for the crypto world. How can we find out and trace these funds? They hold a large sum of my BTSX so I am willing to pay BTC for any one interested in a factual blockchain investigation.

They deserve an article.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
It was ahoax :(

people from cryptos and also the real Bigvern replied to it stating not to honour the snashot.

No idea why the thread was deleted though :(

Offline pseudoscops

Personally I suspected this post might have been a hoax:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:YCUUlOycCpsJ:https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php%3Ftopic%3D7986.0+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&client=firefox-a

Can someone confirm that it was? And if so did a moderator simply delete the thread? I guess that's perhaps the correct thing to do in these circumstances to avoid confusion.

Is there any indication from a real representative from Cryptsy, or any other exchange with a gateway to $ for that matter, as to whether they might open markets for BTSX and/or other BitAssets. I know Cryptsy carries PTS and so perhaps they will. Many people will have less of a need to cash out to $ as the peg proves itself even more over time. But for those who might want to draw down to real fiat to pay bills and what not it would be good to have more exchanges on board with an option to cash directly from BTSX in to $. I know I can sell for another crypto and send that to Cryptsy, but it would be easier/more direct/less fees involved if there were more direct routes to exchanges that let you sell crypto for real $. Anyone got any insight?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 01:58:21 pm by pseudoscops »