Author Topic: BitShares X "Ask Me Anything" starts exactly 1 hour from now.  (Read 6457 times)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Claiming 30 BTSX for downloading the client, after running 6 delegates for month + is funny.
If you are referring to me: I told him to NOT send me any btsx after posting .. the intention of the post was to get the thread started quickly .. and show the people how pubkeys look like .. I also sent them his 30 btsx back .. further .. i do not want to run 6 delegates but already asked BM to unapprove a.delegate.xeroc and b.delegate.xeroc .. there's a while topic about that in this forum.

Just so that you know ...

I do know all that. It is still funny.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Claiming 30 BTSX for downloading the client, after running 6 delegates for month + is funny.
If you are referring to me: I told him to NOT send me any btsx after posting .. the intention of the post was to get the thread started quickly .. and show the people how pubkeys look like .. I also sent them his 30 btsx back .. further .. i do not want to run 6 delegates but already asked BM to unapprove a.delegate.xeroc and b.delegate.xeroc .. there's a while topic about that in this forum.

Just so that you know ...

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

Well deserved 30 BTSX sir! :)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline mauritso

• View Profile
BTS: maurits

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Upvoted and posted a few questions, great initiative!

Offline mauritso

• View Profile
Why on bitcoinmarkets and not cryptomarkets/cryptocurrency?

Number of people.

'Submissions that are mostly about some other cryptocurrency belong in /r/CryptoCurrency or /r/CryptoMarkets'
/r/funny has a lot of activity and subscribers too, maybe crosspost the AMA to that subreddit.

Upvoted, let's see how this turns out. Good luck answering questions!

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code

Offline mauritso

• View Profile
Why on bitcoinmarkets and not cryptomarkets/cryptocurrency?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Anyone have a brief introduction to the basics of BitShares X? I don't want to only link to the wiki; I'd like to give a paragraph overview and then link to the wiki.

BitShares X is a family of DACs that implement the business model of a bank and exchange. These distributed autonomous credit unions could rival the value of the largest banks in the world such as JP Morgan and Bank of America in just a few years. BitShares X offers a bank account where funds can be transferred in seconds anywhere in the world with more privacy and security than a Swiss bank account. Your account can never be frozen, your funds cannot be seized, and the bank can never face collapse due to loan defaults or fraud. All of this is made possible without requiring any employees, lawyers, regulatory compliance, vaults, buildings, and other infrastructure required by traditional banks. Unlike existing banks, you can hold your balance denominated in gold, silver, oil, or other commodities in addition to national currencies.

In addition to acting as a bank, BitShares X also serves as an exchange where currencies, commodities, and stock derivatives can be traded with most of the features used by professional traders including shorts and options. The bank takes a cut on every transaction and pays these transaction fees to the delegates and then shareholders by way of the Burn Rate. BitShares X can achieve this feat using the same technology that makes Bitcoin possible - irrevocable decentralized automated consensus forming. The market capitalization of shares in this new bank will exceed two times the value of all balances in gold, silver, oil, and currency accounts. This requirement allows for 200% reserve collateralizing the value of all deposits in the bank.
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Bitshares_X

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
Ah .. by the way .. we can also use the mumble to coordinate the AMA .. IMHO
http://beyondbitcoinx.net/mumble/

I decided to take my laptop to Starbucks so that won't work for me. :/

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
Anyone have a brief introduction to the basics of BitShares X? I don't want to only link to the wiki; I'd like to give a paragraph overview and then link to the wiki.

Offline Riverhead

Good idea. I have another call at noon but I'll see if I can push it off.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH