Author Topic: AMA + BTSX Fauset in /r/BitcoinMarkets @ Monday 12pm UTC-05:00  (Read 4594 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I highlighted some important data:

no that is a buzz ... an probably will be the whole day :)

Offline Riverhead

Hats off to MeTHoDx.  This is a smashing success!  +5%

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
reddit went apeshit with >110 posts in 3 hours ..

counting ...

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
In the meantime: that thread over at reddit EXPLODES!!!

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I've thought about this. I used to spend a lot of time in /r/BitcoinMarkets so they might allow it just because I'm a regular. Also it all depends on how we frame the conversation. If we frame it as a decentralized exchange that allows for the trade of BTC derivatives, I can't see them seeing it as being off topic.

YES !  It is about framing it.  I had a short list of ways to frame btsx for btc boards.

Glad somebody gets it! Care to elaborate on how you would frame it?

I checked your reddit.  It was at top and had more people answering questions than asking ;)

Re: framing things.
It is needed for bitcoin related reddit forums.  It is also needed to keep mods from moving your post on bitcointalk's bitcoin section to lesser sections.  I'd have to find my notes of the couple of tricks we came up with.  Too many notes too spread out :(  Empirical was good about helping me with this IIRC.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

I've thought about this. I used to spend a lot of time in /r/BitcoinMarkets so they might allow it just because I'm a regular. Also it all depends on how we frame the conversation. If we frame it as a decentralized exchange that allows for the trade of BTC derivatives, I can't see them seeing it as being off topic.

YES !  It is about framing it.  I had a short list of ways to frame btsx for btc boards.

Glad somebody gets it! Care to elaborate on how you would frame it?

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
I'm really surprised this isn't getting much support. I will be providing the "faucet" funds so I'll only need people to answer questions.

Anybody else?

I don't use /r/BitcoinMarkets, don't know what it is. Give me some instructions and I will join you.

http://reddit.com/r/bitcoinmarkets

Register for an account on reddit and join in if you've got time tomorrow at 12 pm (Toronto time).  :)

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
I'm in. We should probably also be on IRC so we can coordinate answers. I don't want us to seem too keen with 10 of us answering every question :).

Is there a Bitshares IRC channel already? I did a little looking but didn't find any.
Ya, freenode #bitshares

Doh, that's what I tried originally but my freenode server settings were fubared (shows how much I use IRC I suppose). Now I am seeing a connection after some fiddling. Thanks!

On another note, if the BitcoinMarkets subreddit crowd finds the AMA off topic we may need to have a backup plan to migrate over to http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoMarkets. Or maybe host the AMA on CryptoMarkets and make a post referencing it on BitcoinMarkets? I'm not sure how strict the moderators for the BitcoinMarkets sub is, first time encountering this one.

We should hit /r/CryptoMarkets at the same time as /r/BitcoinMarkets in my opinion. The former won't get much traffic though.

Offline robrigo

I'm in. We should probably also be on IRC so we can coordinate answers. I don't want us to seem too keen with 10 of us answering every question :).

Is there a Bitshares IRC channel already? I did a little looking but didn't find any.
Ya, freenode #bitshares

Doh, that's what I tried originally but my freenode server settings were fubared (shows how much I use IRC I suppose). Now I am seeing a connection after some fiddling. Thanks!

On another note, if the BitcoinMarkets subreddit crowd finds the AMA off topic we may need to have a backup plan to migrate over to http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoMarkets. Or maybe host the AMA on CryptoMarkets and make a post referencing it on BitcoinMarkets? I'm not sure how strict the moderators for the BitcoinMarkets sub is, first time encountering this one.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 03:20:30 am by robrigo »

Offline Riverhead

Ya, freenode #bitshares

Offline robrigo

Offline onceuponatime

I'm really surprised this isn't getting much support. I will be providing the "faucet" funds so I'll only need people to answer questions.

Anybody else?

I don't use /r/BitcoinMarkets, don't know what it is. Give me some instructions and I will join you.

Offline Riverhead

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Anybody else?

Dude, it can be hard motivating others.  The best you can do is go forward with it and just not expect much from others.  Sometimes you'll be surprised, usually you'll be a bit letdown.

I'm all for helping you, but I just have to get a calendar system etc so I can help you upvote it and remember the time.

Also more people will be around Monday.  I'd start bumping this a couple hours before start time etc.  I'm sure lots of people.. Clains etc who make regular appearances will post if they are around.