Author Topic: Breaking: Satoshi Nakamoto's Email was Hacked!  (Read 4001 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I don't understand the whole buzz with shatoshi... does these news affect the BTC price now? Why it is so important to know who shatoshi is? why would it be dangerous if people knew his identity more than any other known rich man on the planet? why does it matter if he moves his original funds anyway?

the only thing that would matter is to know if he is dead or alive so in case he is dead and no one has access to his funds, bitcoin supply would be reduced (dividends in the bitcoin network)...other than that i really don't understand why this is so important..

Imagine why it is importand by this examples:

Satoshi is:

1. the NSA
2. Bill Gates
3. The Pope
4. Bytemaster
5. Me
6. Rothchild
7. Rockefeller

...would it be the same undepended of which one they are?

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
that is one big thread that btsx will not face .. BM is well known .. no secrets (not even market updates :) )
nothing 'shady' +5%

Being well known isn't going to protect you from threats. The reason BM isn't under constant threat is because people don't suspect he is sitting on half a billion dollars. This is why I said days ago it's not a bright idea to start talking about how BM could be Satoshi.
No one wants to be misrepresented as Satoshi because being Satoshi is dangerous. I think when Bitshares has a high enough market cap there will be quite a bit of danger which BM could face but we are a long way away from that possibility right now.

well said ...  +5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I don't understand the whole buzz with shatoshi... does these news affect the BTC price now? Why it is so important to know who shatoshi is? why would it be dangerous if people knew his identity more than any other known rich man on the planet? why does it matter if he moves his original funds anyway?

the only thing that would matter is to know if he is dead or alive so in case he is dead and no one has access to his funds, bitcoin supply would be reduced (dividends in the bitcoin network)...other than that i really don't understand why this is so important..

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
how can they crack an email of someone that doesnt even exist for sure
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline GaltReport

that is one big thread that btsx will not face .. BM is well known .. no secrets (not even market updates :) )
nothing 'shady' +5%
...I think when Bitshares has a high enough market cap there will be quite a bit of danger which BM could face ...

I agree with this.  Funny you mention it.  I have been thinking about sending him a pm about this...but I'm sure he knows.  I might anyway...so I will sleep better.

38PTSWarrior

*boom*
Luckybit speaks tru tru

Sorry I'm stoned..
What I mean, bytemaster cannot be satoshi because he wants keyID and is against shills and sockpuppets or another of the english words, you know what I mean. *transmission over*
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 12:59:44 pm by 38PTSWarrior »

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
nothing 'shady' +5%

Being well known isn't going to protect you from threats. The reason BM isn't under constant threat is because people don't suspect he is sitting on half a billion dollars. This is why I said days ago it's not a bright idea to start talking about how BM could be Satoshi.

No one wants to be misrepresented as Satoshi because being Satoshi is dangerous. I think when Bitshares has a high enough market cap there will be quite a bit of danger which BM could face but we are a long way away from that possibility right now.

What I think we are seeing here is unusual. If it were an extortion or ransom scenario then you would expect the attacks to send an email to Satoshi from his own email address asking for Bitcoin without it ever reaching the media. Because it has reached the media I would say these hackers aren't motivated by profit, they want attention, and possibly genuinely hate Bitcoin at the same time.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
let's see if Bytemaster is Nakamoto   :)

PS considering the rally on BTSX the last days, the Chinese are confident it is the same person  :P

Offline JA

• View Profile
should we send him some emails ?  :P

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
nothing 'shady' +5%

Offline lucky331

• View Profile
decided to post it here as this is big news.  let's see what develops.

Offline lucky331

• View Profile
Hacker Hijacks Satoshi Nakamoto’s Email, Threatens to Reveal All

The bitcoin world is abuzz with speculation that some of Satoshi Nakamoto’s online accounts have been compromised, concerned a hacker could potentially access information concerning the bitcoin creator’s true identity or use the accounts to defraud key members of the bitcoin community.

Wired reported that the alleged hacker had posted on Pastebin that they would reveal key details of Nakamoto’s identity if 25 BTC were sent to a specified bitcoin address. While small donations have been coming in, the address still appears well short of that mark.

Administrator ‘theymos’ of the Bitcoin Talk forum (aka Michael Marquardt) a key figure in bitcoin’s online community, posted just after 9pm (BST) on 8th September, alerting the community of the development, writing...  continued

source:  http://www.coindesk.com/hacker-hijacks-satoshi-nakamoto-email/