Author Topic: Breaking: Satoshi Nakamoto's Email was Hacked!  (Read 4041 times)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I don't understand the whole buzz with shatoshi... does these news affect the BTC price now? Why it is so important to know who shatoshi is? why would it be dangerous if people knew his identity more than any other known rich man on the planet? why does it matter if he moves his original funds anyway?

the only thing that would matter is to know if he is dead or alive so in case he is dead and no one has access to his funds, bitcoin supply would be reduced (dividends in the bitcoin network)...other than that i really don't understand why this is so important..

Imagine why it is importand by this examples:

Satoshi is:

1. the NSA
2. Bill Gates
3. The Pope
4. Bytemaster
5. Me
6. Rothchild
7. Rockefeller

...would it be the same undepended of which one they are?
I think a lot of people want to know for the reason you mention, basically to try and determine their motivations...but the more I think about it the more I conclude that it doesn't matter.  It is what it is and can be used for good or ill like many technologies/innovations.  We just need to be vigilant about how it's used.  Cat is out of the bag already.

People want to know who he is so they can try and extort him. Just because someone has a lot of money at a particular point in time it doesn't mean they have a lot of power. Since we don't know who Satoshi is we have no way to know whether or not he has enough power to fend for himself if Wall Street wolves go after his Bitcoins.

I think people who want to out Satoshi may have nefarious motives but perhaps that is just my own negative outlook.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
1 million

There is one interesting fact about the guy.
It might be a coincidence but he had keep 1 mil for himself and there will be only 21 mil in existence.
It looks like he planned to leave 1 mil in advance. Why he didn’t use simple round number like 20 mil?
Anyway I think he is up to something with it and what it is future will tell..

Its more than 1 million and your jumping from 1 to 20? yea... we dont even have 20 million mined yet.. not sure what you are getting at.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
This news could cause the price of bitcoin to go up (just a spike probably).

Offline Geneko

• View Profile
1 million

There is one interesting fact about the guy.
It might be a coincidence but he had keep 1 mil for himself and there will be only 21 mil in existence.
It looks like he planned to leave 1 mil in advance. Why he didn’t use simple round number like 20 mil?
Anyway I think he is up to something with it and what it is future will tell..

Ggozzo

Satoshi Nakamoto is probably Nick Szabo, the creator of "Bit Gold".

I'd bet on this

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Ok. But who is Nick Szabo? He is just as mysterious.

I'd bet on the late Hal Finney.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

I'd bet on this

And you know what the kicker is? It looks like Nick Szabo is a pseudonym as well. It's like those Russian dolls. A pseudonym within a pseudonym.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

I'd bet on this

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

Ggozzo

I don't understand the whole buzz with shatoshi... does these news affect the BTC price now? Why it is so important to know who shatoshi is? why would it be dangerous if people knew his identity more than any other known rich man on the planet? why does it matter if he moves his original funds anyway?

the only thing that would matter is to know if he is dead or alive so in case he is dead and no one has access to his funds, bitcoin supply would be reduced (dividends in the bitcoin network)...other than that i really don't understand why this is so important..

You don't understand, but then you found a reason to?

It's important because he possibly has access to more bitcoins than anyone at this time which could kill people's investments.
It's important because he possibly left bitcoin to create something better after losing faith.
It's important because putting a face behind it will legitimize it more than some Anon mystical figure.

I think it is quite okay to be curious too. It's not a crime.

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
I just can't imagine a single/bunch of individuals sitting on half a billion (or more!) worth of Bitcoin and not move it at all at any point, except if he/they already have other active wallets in which they mined part of their coins from the beginning.

If it's one individual, my guess (I have a lot of imagination lol) is he didn't think it was worth much in the beginning, lost his private key by accident and is so ashamed about it that he decided it would be good to stay hidden and not say anything. Best to keep the mystery alive than admitting to such a shameful mistake.

And if it's a government experiment... well they don't need the funds, so that might explain why so much didn't move.

It would be great to know though if anybody has the private key to those huge wallets from where the funds never moved since the beginning. Just to know if the "available" supply really is what is shown!

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I also think that it doesn't really matter who he is...No matter who he is from the below there will always be two sides of looking seeing things for people to buy or sell..

1. the NSA (+it must be legitimate so there will be mass adoption buy, - they did that to follow our transactions sell)
2. Bill Gates (+it is Bill Gates so it must have value buy, - this fucker got even richer sell)
3. The Pope (+it is a religious coin that unite people buy, - religion did it again and got into finance sell)
4. Bytemaster (i can see only + in that  ;))
5. Me (+we had a genious in our community)
6. Rothchild
7. Rockefeller

etc... so in the end of the day it doesn't really matter who he is... all that matter is if his fortune will be sold out at some point or if this a lost treasure for ever and therefore bitcoin supply is less than we think..

Offline GaltReport

Imagine why it is importand by this examples:

Satoshi is:

1. the NSA
2. Bill Gates
3. The Pope
4. Bytemaster
5. Me
6. Rothchild
7. Rockefeller

...would it be the same undepended of which one they are?
I think a lot of people want to know for the reason you mention, basically to try and determine their motivations...but the more I think about it the more I conclude that it doesn't matter.  It is what it is and can be used for good or ill like many technologies/innovations.  We just need to be vigilant about how it's used.  Cat is out of the bag already.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 02:24:34 pm by GaltReport »