Author Topic: TimeBank DAC  (Read 22842 times)

Offline CinniDev

• View Profile
Cool! Looking forward to seeing how this develops....and maybe getting my self some nice vacation locations :D .

I can see how this can use BitSharesX platform as TimeShares will have different values by location, time of year, current events, weather, etc. A futures prediction market if I ever saw one.

Would the properties be bitAssets?

I am thinking it is this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeshare
Hey Riverhead

This DAC isn't related to real timeshares
Maybe the name suggests that it does.
If you have suggestions on a different name that would suite the project better that would be nice.

However what you said is a great idea and maybe bitassets can be made for them.

I'm confused. What exactly would the "timeshares" be used for? What is their value?
It can be used like a normal coin
To trade, to buy things to sell things.
It will have encrypted messaging system.
And later on a betting system that uses feeds.
Also it will have an asset exchange like bitsharesx so it will be a cheaper way to issue assets.

Offline feedthemcake

• View Profile
Cool! Looking forward to seeing how this develops....and maybe getting my self some nice vacation locations :D .

I can see how this can use BitSharesX platform as TimeShares will have different values by location, time of year, current events, weather, etc. A futures prediction market if I ever saw one.

Hey Riverhead

If you have suggestions on a different name that would suite the project better that would be nice.

I'm confused. What exactly would the "timeshares" be used for? What is their value?

Offline CinniDev

• View Profile

Hey Riverhead

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
What is the purpose of this?

Not enough information to get excited...
I could imagine a lot of possible use cases for a thing named "TimeShares DAC".
However I see no description of what is planned and its intended purpose.

Offline Riverhead

Offline Riverhead

interesting. But if its a bitshares x family, wouldnt it make more sence to give shares to btsx holders rather then pts holders?

BitSharesX was PTS/AGS so I can see why this would follow the same path: The import mechanisms are already in place. However, I can see where you're coming from. Worth considering. It may be the case that bitUSD is supported by TimeShares and with cross chain trading you'd automatically have stake.

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
What is the purpose of this?

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
interesting. But if its a bitshares x family, wouldnt it make more sence to give shares to btsx holders rather then pts holders?
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline pgbit

• View Profile
Interesting idea... You will gain much support here for the PTS and AGS allocation - good luck!

Offline gyhy

• View Profile

Offline Riverhead

« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 11:45:30 am by Riverhead »

Offline CinniDev

• View Profile
Hello BitShares community
I am making a DAC called TimeBank

TimeBank will have 187.5 million coins.
The distribution will be 80% to Cinni holders(150 million coins)
10% to PTS holders (18.75 million coins)
and 10% to AGS holders (18.75 million coins)
The trading code is: TIME

Users of TimeBank will be able to use units of time as the currency.
This detail will be made in the user interface rather than in the block chain itself. TimeBank will display a users balance as units of time and allow users to send units of time to each other.

In the time calculations in the user interface, each coin is calculated as 1 hour.
So if someone has a million TimeBank, his wallet balance is shown as 114 Years, 56 Days 39 Hours 59 Minutes 59 seconds.

When a user sends time, the user interface will convert the amount of time being sent back into actual coins before sending the transaction to the block chain.   
I haven't decided on the trading code yet. I am open to suggestions.

Since I am building this project as a BitSharesX fork, it will have BitSharesX's features too.

I will be also adding encrypted messaging. And later on a betting system that uses feeds.

I would love to hear your input and suggestions to make this project better.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 08:14:27 am by CinniDev »