Author Topic: What is the volume and market cap of all Bit assets outside of BTSX?  (Read 4117 times)

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

Can someone do the math from that, and give us a total BitUSD in existence right now?

Offline Riverhead

In theory, is the market cap always zero? For every one bitUSD in existence, someone owns a negative bitUSD? super-symmetry of finance

That's true. In reality the exchange owns all the bitUSD and we're all just borrowing it from the exchange, or buying it off someone else who is.

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
In theory, is the market cap always zero? For every one bitUSD in existence, someone owns a negative bitUSD? super-symmetry of finance

I think you're looking for "open interest" which really doesn't make sense on coinmarket cap. I could sell myself a billion bitUSD (with enough collateral), but it doesn't mean the market cap is a billion dollars.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 06:02:13 pm by maqifrnswa »
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline Riverhead

It looks to me like the volume, pricing and market caps being reported in coinmarketcap.com
only include that going on in centralized exchanges like BTC38, BTER, only for BTSX.

But what is the market cap and volume of BitUSD, and any other assets?

It doesn't look like any of them are being reported on coinmarketcap.com?

Is there an easy way to find out things like how many BitUSD are in existence, and volume, over time?

If there's not a direct way you can derive it (which I guess is fitting, though unrelated, to it being a derivative asset  :o )  by looking at the asset stats. By tracking the delta in fees over time you can guestimate volume.

Code: [Select]

blockchain_get_asset USD
{
  "id": 22,
  "symbol": "USD",
  "name": "United States Dollar",
  "description": "1 United States dollar",
  "public_data": "",
  "issuer_account_id": -2,
  "precision": 10000,
  "registration_date": "20140719T000000",
  "last_update": "20140719T000000",
  "current_share_supply": 4868475216,
  "maximum_share_supply": 1000000000000000,
  "collected_fees": 19265679
}

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com
It looks to me like the volume, pricing and market caps being reported in coinmarketcap.com
only include that going on in centralized exchanges like BTC38, BTER, only for BTSX.

But what is the market cap and volume of BitUSD, and any other assets?

It doesn't look like any of them are being reported on coinmarketcap.com?

Is there an easy way to find out things like how many BitUSD are in existence, and volume, over time?