Author Topic: New rivals )  (Read 5492 times)

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
If you play that game you WILL loose ..
would you play?

Yes. But not when

Relevant images:

Hot potato.

Or maybe Russian roulette is more appropriate since in theory it is possible that NuBits won't end in catastrophic disaster by holders losing confidence in the peg regardless of how large of an interest rate NuShare throws at it, at least for long enough until the dollar becomes irrelevant and the peg no longer matters, BUT it is far more probable that holders are going have their brains blown out.

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
The jury is still out whether work and resource expenditure external to the system is required for sound money or not. 

Actually no jury is necessary on that... the cost-of-production theory of value has long been debunked.

Someone needs to tell Paul Krugman
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline bytemaster

The jury is still out whether work and resource expenditure external to the system is required for sound money or not. 

Actually no jury is necessary on that... the cost-of-production theory of value has long been debunked. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Helikopterben

• View Profile
Not so sure, wether mining is wrong or right is one thing, but wether 90% of the crypto community still believe in mining thats another and a fact still to be proven wrong.....

I think it will be quite a popular coin

That 90% is diminishing slowly, until, suddenly all at once. I will not be holding the bag on eXocoin.  What does this coin offer that is not already out there? All I see are screenshtots of a slightly nicer bitcoin qt wallet.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss POW.  Hash rate has been on a strong uptrend for two years now.  The jury is still out whether work and resource expenditure external to the system is required for sound money or not.   POW more resembles the gold system of money vs DPOS  which more resembles a democratically elected central bank with 101 delegates being "board members" of that central bank and actual stakeholders voting on those delegates based on the size of their stake, which is superior to legacy central banks.  For example, the federal Reserve in the US has board members (delegates) who are appointed by representatives who are voted into office by all citizens, regardless of stake.  Furthermore, those citizens are only allowed to vote once every 2 to 4 years.  That is an extremely inneficient system.  We shall see how a system works where voters vote based on the size of their stake and can cast votes at will.  Will large stakeholders vote themselves a bailout should they become over leveraged and on the verge of insolvency or would that bailout compromise their stake in the system?  Sure bitcoin stakeholders could bribe miners to provide a bailout but they would have to expend part of their stake, unlike POS stakeholders who would only have to expend their votes and negligible TX fees.  Some call this a "nothing at stake" attack but users have to aquire that stake to perform said attack.  That is why I prefer the term "less at stake", but probably enough at stake to prevent such an attack.

Personally, after seeing the NXT theft at bter result in stakeholders denying a bailout, I decided to buy into POS.  A small portion in NXT but the majority of my holdings in BTSX because of the collateralization of assets with no third party risk.  Although I do still own bitcoin, just in case.

Offline bytemaster

Yes. But not when
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
would you play?

if you jump out of a plane you will eventually loose height .. everyone knows!

+5%
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
would you play?

if you jump out of a plane you will eventually loose height .. everyone knows!

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
There is much to be learned by all of the new coins coming out...  maintaining an open mind, being quick to adapt *good* ideas and learning from other's mistakes is what we need.

I was thinking about launching "BitNu" using the same design as NuBits... the delegates would publish an interest rate that all BitNu holders would receive and the delegates could print as much BitNu as they could get shareholder approval to do.   This could be a great way to ponzi fund DAC development while we simultaneously warn people about the risks associated with joining the Ponzi and that participation in the Ponzi is "for fun only" and is a "gamble" in a decentralized musical chairs. 

The delegates would of course have financial incentive not to crash the Ponzi because it is being used to fund development... once the Ponzi crashed then development would have to continue by some other means.... but at least it wouldn't be a scam if everyone was aware of the Ponzi nature of the system to begin with and were taking a gamble on the interest rate.

if i tell a person that im going to cheat him im still cheating him....  ;)
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
lol ... i like the idea ... sound a little like:
http://bitcoinpyramid.com/

just better ... decentralized :)

Offline bytemaster

Openly running an admitted Ponzi doesnt sound like a very legally safe idea. :D

Actually... it doesn't make it a *scam* because there was no deception... it makes it a *game*. 

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Openly running an admitted Ponzi doesnt sound like a very legally safe idea. :D
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

There is much to be learned by all of the new coins coming out...  maintaining an open mind, being quick to adapt *good* ideas and learning from other's mistakes is what we need.

I was thinking about launching "BitNu" using the same design as NuBits... the delegates would publish an interest rate that all BitNu holders would receive and the delegates could print as much BitNu as they could get shareholder approval to do.   This could be a great way to ponzi fund DAC development while we simultaneously warn people about the risks associated with joining the Ponzi and that participation in the Ponzi is "for fun only" and is a "gamble" in a decentralized musical chairs. 

The delegates would of course have financial incentive not to crash the Ponzi because it is being used to fund development... once the Ponzi crashed then development would have to continue by some other means.... but at least it wouldn't be a scam if everyone was aware of the Ponzi nature of the system to begin with and were taking a gamble on the interest rate. 

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
I think it will be quite a popular coin

Want to sell me all your bitshares so that you can go buy more of it? ;)

obviously..... not. But if i actually saw this on an IPO i would invest o later on dump it. In any case i think we should be moree accepting to other projects. In fact its great that people do this kind of things, it shows that there is a need for it in the market. And rivaly is always good cause you have something to compare yourself to

I don't get it.. you wouldn't participate if you were at the beginning of the IPO?
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
you complitly underestimate my trading skills  :D :D :D but never the less i take it with a smile  :)

As to answer your question - have you ever heard the expression - "there is always the one" ?

Haha yes... im sure you are good at what you do.. and so is the next person... have you heard "there is always someone better" hehe... anyways based on math you will always average down to the lowest common deminator.. which is if there is noone willing to invest in a pump then it won't happen and noone  will make money. However I think at the time of this writing there is scope for manipulation still in these style of IPOs all I am saying as the P/L is tending towards being negative and some time in the future we will see where there will be no pumps in IPO's unless they are "REALLY" on to something in the eyes of community. That is the market becomes more efficient in evaluating the quality of projects without waiting until future dev releases to judge quality. There are always outliers and you are an example of one who is good at being "the one" for now, but again its just being an outlier and on average it will always come back unless you take it and run.

by saying that you underestimated my trading skills i mean that what you are tlaking about has already happened and i dont participate in IPO's  ;)

As for this particualr coin, im just saying that we (as a btsx community) should take good from other coins and not swipe them away automaticly.
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
you complitly underestimate my trading skills  :D :D :D but never the less i take it with a smile  :)

As to answer your question - have you ever heard the expression - "there is always the one" ?

Haha yes... im sure you are good at what you do.. and so is the next person... have you heard "there is always someone better" hehe... anyways based on math you will always average down to the lowest common deminator.. which is if there is noone willing to invest in a pump then it won't happen and noone  will make money. However I think at the time of this writing there is scope for manipulation still in these style of IPOs all I am saying as the P/L is tending towards being negative and some time in the future we will see where there will be no pumps in IPO's unless they are "REALLY" on to something in the eyes of community. That is the market becomes more efficient in evaluating the quality of projects without waiting until future dev releases to judge quality. There are always outliers and you are an example of one who is good at being "the one" for now, but again its just being an outlier and on average it will always come back unless you take it and run.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag