Author Topic: BitShares X needs an awesome hook...  (Read 8037 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Could you imagine before bitsharesx that only your brain was  needed to be free  ?

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
They are giving me interest for keeping gold? !!!

Offline Riverhead

I like very much "I killed the Bank - BitsharesX" and I want (and will) make a T-Shirt out of this..

What about, "Own the bank - BitSharesX" seems less negative :) .

Also this isn't serious but just thought of this. Credit - good micro brew.

"When the market hands you lemons, short bitLemondAid."

Offline emailtooaj

A variation of first version: "Join The Greatest Financial Experiment Since Bitcoin"

They want a soft sell that allows them to transition to new, easier services with a large group of shiny, happy friends while feeling vaguely superior/smarter than the average Joe.

You've nailed it on the head with that statement!!!!
It's the unfortunate truth of today's world, any marketing strategy should reflect and embody that mentality. The hard part is having smart marketing people to try and think stupid when coming up with ideas... :P
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline James212

• View Profile
A variation of first version: "Join The Greatest Financial Experiment Since Bitcoin"

I'm not digging the use of 'experiment'. Bitshares is way past experimenting. Shit is getting real.

'Join - Greatest - Financial - Bitcoin' all good.

Will ruminate, but I think an effective hook will play on cronyism/corruption/centralization rather than 'join the revolution'.

When it comes to money/finance, folks are too conservative for revolting and candidly, too uneducated regarding modern finance to really grasp what is wrong with the status quo.

They want a soft sell that allows them to transition to new, easier services with a large group of shiny, happy friends while feeling vaguely superior/smarter than the average Joe.

Long term, average users of the Bitshares platform are going understand DPOS as much the average internet user understands HTTP.

Some friendly, non-threatening hooks that are in line with popular sentiment on the status quo:

"CEO not required."

"Dear CEO... it's not you, it's me."

"I trust Bitshares because I don't have to trust Bitshares."

Etc.

+5%  Good thinking.
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline James212

• View Profile
"The Greatest Financial Experiment Since Bitcoin"

That is pretty good.

+5%     This is pretty good but need to nix the work "Experiment"....sounds too shaky.    Maybe replace with "Development" or something other. 

Offline James212

• View Profile
OldMan's suggestion from a different thread stuck with me:

Quote from: OldMan
"Faster than a credit card and safer than a bank."

+5%   Add a comment about flexibility and it may be a contestant IMHO. 

Offline emailtooaj

BitsharesX - "Humanity's Greatest Financial Experiment"
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline oldman

• View Profile
One critical aspect of the Bitshares platform that is not being explored is the removal of many historical barriers-to-entry that have prevented billions of folks from accessing banking and investing services.

With Bitshares, all someone needs is a prepaid smartphone. No government ID or address required.

The implications of this are profound. The ability to secure and invest wealth is largely what separates first and third world nations.

Bitcoin is currently touted as the solution for the unbanked but the Bitshares platform is vastly superior in almost every aspect.

The global nature of the platform and the low barrier to entry should feature prominently in the marketing.

Bitshares is banking for anyone, anywhere, at any time.

Perhaps not relevant for attracting the first few billion of crypto-capital from the Bitcoin folks, but definitely where the platform should be headed long term.

Offline Geneko

• View Profile
Those are educated young people feeling comfortable with new technologies. Those people don’t mind a lot about technical detail they are believers and risk takers.

I suggest approaching Apple and requesting they put the BTSX vault app on every device they sell.

Benefit for Apple - it will be the first real industry leading product they have ever sold.
Benefit for us/BTSX - I ton of people blindly following/admiring everything that comes with an Apple Logo on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9JQsXPd41U

The only thing I have to add to this video is that it is actually a $0.25 Casio not $20.

I agree, those people definitely belong to target audience. Except maybe it is little wider, we need those willing to invest small part of their welt portfolio, so Apple fans yes but only those with welt portfolio.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Those are educated young people feeling comfortable with new technologies. Those people don’t mind a lot about technical detail they are believers and risk takers.

I suggest approaching Apple and requesting they put the BTSX vault app on every device they sell.

Benefit for Apple - it will be the first real industry leading product they have ever sold.
Benefit for us/BTSX - I ton of people blindly following/admiring everything that comes with an Apple Logo on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9JQsXPd41U

The only thing I have to add to this video is that it is actually a $0.25 Casio not $20.

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
Financial Evolution > BitShares X

Offline Geneko

• View Profile
Marketing is a science, but who are the real progressive geniuses in this field?

Quote from: tonyk
Next step is to claim that History is a science too. Some people do claim this to be the case though. definitely I am not one of them.

Like most things, it's both a science and an art. Mostly an art though. We've got scientific tools like A/B testing to test specific theories, for example.

One genius that comes to mind is Seth Godin. I'm also a huge Gary Halbert and Jay Abraham fan.

I am also Jay Abrahams fan.

But before that you were talking about gap between early adopters and early majority.

I will try to define that gap. Those are small investors (maybe some big one too) which seeks a way to diversify their investing portfolio in some form of asset that cant be depreciated taxed confiscated or in any other form manipulated by government or any other institution influenced by them. Those are educated young people feeling comfortable with new technologies. Those people don’t mind a lot about technical detail they are believers and risk takers.

Above definition is not meant to be 100% accurate I am not professional I have only suggested it as close example.

Now defining this target audience is just first step. Then you need define what they value the most what are their hot spots. Also you need to find out who is after your target audience too. That is of course competition and find the way to diversify from them which bring us to Jay Abrahams USP (Unique Sealing Proposition) which will bring you as only reasonable choice.

For USP you need to pack all of that in one or two sentences and that would be your killer hook

Now, this is work of professional and artist like you said and I couldn’t find better person to suggest for that job other then Jay Abraham personally. Not only for “hook” but for whole marketing project.

I think he could be persuaded to take that job, he is business man after all, especially because I think he could accept smaller fixed amount in fiat and rest in BTSX if community could find out a way to organize itself and collect such funds. In my estimation it could be less then 1% of a current market cap but if you could gain 10000% it seems to me like reasonable choice.

If he could accept to be in charge for marketing of BTSX I think Ort Cloud would be a limit and we could arrive there at Vorp speed 12.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I like very much "I killed the Bank - BitsharesX" and I want (and will) make a T-Shirt out of this..