Author Topic: biophil's random comments on 0.4.13 GUI  (Read 1463 times)

Offline bytemaster

I just discovered the Help panel on the market screen. It doesn't scroll! I can't see past number 8.

At least it works for you, on my computer it directs me back to the home page ;) 

We are working on revamping the help system / discoverability.   The alignment of yield/balance is something I have already asked to be fixed.   Likewise the colors have been an issue :)
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
thanks for the valuable feedback .. are you familiar with github and can add those issues at
https://github.com/BitShares/web_wallet/issues
or shall I do that?

Good call... I think I am familiar enough with github to add the issues myself. I'll let you know if I need help. :)
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
thanks for the valuable feedback .. are you familiar with github and can add those issues at
https://github.com/BitShares/web_wallet/issues
or shall I do that?

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website
I just discovered the Help panel on the market screen. It doesn't scroll! I can't see past number 8.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website
Looking forward to watching this yield thing in action! Here are my initial rambling thoughts on the new client version:

- On my account's dashboard where it shows Balances and Estimated Yield, I'd rather each asset balance to be horizontally aligned with its corresponding yield. Right now my asset balances are, in order, BTC, BTSX, USD (alphabetical, sensible enough). But my Estimated Yield entries are BTC, USD: That makes it so the USD yield is horizontally aligned with the BTC balance. Visually it would be cool if this were not the case.

- On the same screen, what does Estimated Yield mean? Is that my accumulated yield balance? A little GUI clarity would be nice there. Just seeing a quantity of USD for yield is not self-explanatory.

- On the depth chart on market screens, having both Asks and Shorts be the same color is sadly confusing because for some reason it's not obvious which is which. I know, you tried to make them two different shades of orange. Maybe if the shades were dramatically different it would work better, but I'd prefer two different colors so there's no room for confusion. Red and Yellow or something like that. Then you still have the association of warm=sell, but you don't make the graph visually ambiguous.

Not to sound over-critical! Don't get me wrong, I like where things are headed.