Author Topic: I Like Big Blocks...  (Read 3371 times)

Offline Riverhead

This is nice to see. I have an idea of what it is but still nice to see none the less.

http://www.bitsharesblocks.com/blocks/block?id=864654

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
if a delegate decided to require a higher fee for transactions to be included that only results in the tx to be included by another delgate at a later time .. so basically at a 10 seconds extra delay.
worst case 100*10sec delays if the 'cheapest' delegate is to include your transaction with your tx fee.

Further, the delegate pay is a average over all income. So if you decide to double your required fee for the delegate you effectively increase the income of all delegates by 2/101 .. the drawback is possibly a loss in confidence for your delegate :)

Offline Riverhead

No, each delegates get same amount of BTSX per block as all others, this amount depends from how many fee was paid to the network, but not depends from how many fee was on the produced block. Currently it's 1.72597 BTSX per block, you can see this value at Delegates menu as Max Pay Per Block.

This is pretty cool and I did not know it to be the case. I thought we just got the fees in that block, a 0 trans block was just a freebie. Thanks for clearing that up.

Offline testz

Yes you all use the same software but sometimes software products allow you to change settings.
I hope my stupidity, of not knowing how delegate software works is excused....

0.1 BTSX it's a min transaction fee (which you can set in the settings - default for latest versions is 0.5 BTSX), even you change it in the code and make it lower than 0.1 BTSX, for example 0.01 BTSX, then network (all other nodes) will not accept your transaction.

Does your delegate wallet setting for this affect your pay?  I would think not right?

No, each delegates get same amount of BTSX per block as all others, this amount depends from how many fee was paid to the network, but not depends from how many fee was on the produced block. Currently it's 1.72597 BTSX per block, you can see this value at Delegates menu as Max Pay Per Block.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Yes you all use the same software but sometimes software products allow you to change settings.

0.1 BTSX it's a min transaction fee (which you can set in the settings - default for latest versions is 0.5 BTSX), even you change it in the code and make it lower than 0.1 BTSX, for example 0.01 BTSX, then network (all other nodes) will not accept your transaction.

Does your delegate wallet setting for this affect your pay?  I would think not right?
No, it is the total collected fees that counts. So even if only one delegate is accepting 0.1BTSX the transaction will be included... possibly after 1000 sec. but still included.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

0.1 BTSX it's a min transaction fee (which you can set in the settings - default for latest versions is 0.5 BTSX), even you change it in the code and make it lower then network (all other nodes) will not accept your transaction.

I am running at 0.1BTSX as it is. My question was  about the delegates, as in if some delegates expect 0.5BTSX fee and because of that they skip my orders/transactions. As of now it seems that my transaction are pending for 15 to 30 seconds, so I wanted to know if this might be the cause.....

Offline GaltReport

Offline testz

maybe someone can setup a page with hightscores ... largest tx .. bigest blocks .. most tx per seconds ...

Here http://bitsharesblocks.com/ will be best place to look  :)

I had been thinking of adding something like that :)

Thanks!  :)  +5%

Offline testz

Offline svk

maybe someone can setup a page with hightscores ... largest tx .. bigest blocks .. most tx per seconds ...

I had been thinking of adding something like that :)
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline amencon

• View Profile
Well now that you've whispered it I'm pretty sure it'll be coded and implemented on bitsharesblocks.com within the hour...

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Speaking of big blocks... what is the default min transaction fee in the delegates software...
the minimum tx fee of the blockchain is 0.1BTX
blockchain_get_info
"relay_fee": "0.10000 BTSX",

although not 100% sure that it is what I think it is!

Thanks, Xeroc! So you can not change that (in other way, than changing the code and building it with the changed code).

Speaking of big blocks... what is the default min transaction fee in the delegates software...

AFAIK It's not depends from delegates software because all use same software, currently min network transaction fee is 0.1 BTSX.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 08:40:21 pm by tonyk »

Offline testz

Offline testz

AFAIK It's not depends from delegates software because all use same software, currently min network transaction fee is 0.1 BTSX.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
the minimum tx fee of the blockchain is 0.1BTX
blockchain_get_info
"relay_fee": "0.10000 BTSX",

although not 100% sure that it is what I think it is!