Author Topic: depositing assets  (Read 1889 times)

Offline capoeira

• View Profile

b) yes, you can send BitAssets to any account name. Be careful with trying to transfer directly from one exchange to another (sounds like that's what you meant?), because some exchanges need you to include a memo in your deposit transaction.

It's just that I inicialy I thought that BitAssets couldn't get outside of the wallet, in terms of can't be send. Thought they would only be tradable inside o wallet market

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
O I see

so:

a) PTS can't be moved to Bitshares wallet right?

b) any BitAsset can be move between wallets, that includes wallets on exchanges, right?

a) correct.

b) yes, you can send BitAssets to any account name. Be careful with trying to transfer directly from one exchange to another (sounds like that's what you meant?), because some exchanges need you to include a memo in your deposit transaction.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline capoeira

• View Profile
O I see

so:

a) PTS can't be moved to Bitshares wallet right?

b) any BitAsset can be move between wallets, that includes wallets on exchanges, right?

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website
It's not quite clear to me how I deposit assets like PTS, BitUSD, etc. in the wallet.
there is only 1 adress and I think it's only for BTSX right?

Also, you had asked about PTS - BitsharesX and BitShares-PTS are different, and at the moment they don't have any inter-operability. You need a separate PTS wallet for that.

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website
It's not quite clear to me how I deposit assets like PTS, BitUSD, etc. in the wallet.

Where are you trying to deposit the assets from? An exchange? The exact way you'll do this varies slightly from exchange to exchange, but most of them require you to register a BTSX account, and then you can deposit any bitAssets directly to that account. If you need funds to pay the account registration fee, there is a thread here on the forum where people will send you enough BTSX to register.

Offline capoeira

• View Profile