Author Topic: Is Anyone Still Holding Bitcoin?  (Read 12634 times)

Offline marcelus

• View Profile
I'm torn on this subject. I am holding like 1/4 of my crypto in bitcoin and alts. Lately I've been thinking about cashing out to supplement my btsx, or maybe to invest a little extra in music.

I was also thinking about buying some PTS, and waiting until the next big snapshot announcement and selling off before the snapshot while the price is high.

but it's hard to leave all these alts, because I know from experience that a rising bitcoin tides carries all boats. All the main cryptos are going to bubble up the next big bitcoin snowball, and it's anybodies guess which will be the most profitable. Remember 25 dollar LTC?

It's also hard to leave bitcoin. I know it has a future, there's billions invested in it. There's an ETF in the works. The price is inevitably still going to rise.

so divided.

Stay divided (diversified). It's the smart play.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I have been diversified to every shitcoin that was coming out and obviously lost...I have then decided that I should just stick with the only coin that has some economic fundamentals... Today I just sold my last NXTs which I bought when it was at 60-70 mil market cap (I am pretty sure NXT will double by tomorrow...)

merockstar

I'm torn on this subject. I am holding like 1/4 of my crypto in bitcoin and alts. Lately I've been thinking about cashing out to supplement my btsx, or maybe to invest a little extra in music.

I was also thinking about buying some PTS, and waiting until the next big snapshot announcement and selling off before the snapshot while the price is high.

but it's hard to leave all these alts, because I know from experience that a rising bitcoin tides carries all boats. All the main cryptos are going to bubble up the next big bitcoin snowball, and it's anybodies guess which will be the most profitable. Remember 25 dollar LTC?

It's also hard to leave bitcoin. I know it has a future, there's billions invested in it. There's an ETF in the works. The price is inevitably still going to rise.

so divided.

Offline marcelus

• View Profile
BTC, MSAFE, ETH, PTS, XAP & BitsharesX.

They all have a future. Why not own as many as possible? Choosing between coins is like picking between investing in Amazon or Altavista when the internet started. You're going to make money no matter what. Of course I have more money in ones that I believe have more potential but diversification is always healthy.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
so .. what will happen to POS altcoins ... peercoin/peershare ... mintpal .. blackcoin?! ... medium term??

Not much, maybe some gains because they have such a low start, I haven't been following them though.

Only NXT seems like a credible threat but I don't even have a hedge in them at the moment because I have so much confidence in BitAssets + BitYield going forward.

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
I see it became a forbes list talk now eh?  :D :D :D
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
so .. what will happen to POS altcoins ... peercoin/peershare ... mintpal .. blackcoin?! ... medium term??

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile

I got out of Bitcoin many months ago.

I only use them to get into and out of BTSX, when needed, holding them for as short a time as possible.

I did take a significant flyer on Ether genesis, hoping to possibly duplicate the significant profit we got from getting in on the BTSX genesis block, but I'm not holding my breath, and expect to move all that back to BTSX, as soon as I can, for as long as ether is pushing towards mining/POW.

I agree POW is dead medium term+, short term BTC has been better than most alts though and more stable and besides BitShares there's nothing that interests me much.

I have zero ether I didn't like their model. Also it seemed like a locked up investment in POW for the next 4 months+, so not appealing to me.

From the threads here Vitalik seems like a really smart mature humble guy,  he's certainly investable though.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
same here ... it's a shame I have an EMPTY metallic trezor lying around :-)

LOL same on my side ... got my 3 trezors and they're empty now.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 02:28:12 pm by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
92% BTSX
5% PTS
2% OTHER c.
1% BTC
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
same here ... it's a shame I have an EMPTY metallic trezor lying around :-)

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

I got out of Bitcoin many months ago.

I only use them to get into and out of BTSX, when needed, holding them for as short a time as possible.

I did take a significant flyer on Ether genesis, hoping to possibly duplicate the significant profit we got from getting in on the BTSX genesis block, but I'm not holding my breath, and expect to move all that back to BTSX, as soon as I can, for as long as ether is pushing towards mining/POW.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
I did pretty well with BTC as I got in at circa $40.
Since then I mainly dabbled in other alts not investing more than 10% of my BTC stake. I did very well, got in LTC at like $7 and sold at $24-ish I think, XCP at POB stage was pretty good. (The only thing I've probably lost on anything worth noting is NXT as I dismissed it because of poor initial distribution so only got in later then sold some at a loss twice, but the most recent stake was moved to BTSX which has obviously done much better  :) )

Sometime before the middle of the year, I finally got completely sold on Bytemaster, the team and their vision for BitShares, particularly BTSX,  so now I'm

80% BitShares
18% BTC
2%   Other

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

All in.

haha ya I think for many of us portfolio diversification went right out the window

My portfolio IS diversified: BTSX, BitShares PTS, BitShares AGS, LottoShares, DNS, VOTE...

;D