Author Topic: Is Anyone Still Holding Bitcoin?  (Read 12634 times)

Offline Cryptofreakoutlaw31

• View Profile
I used to have over half of my small crypto holdings in Bitcoin but I sold it and bought some PTS, BTSX, Lottoshares and two alt coins (Whitecoin and DOGE).  I also bought some BitUSD with a good chunk of my BTSX holdings.  Those (except for DOGE) are my long term holdings and over half of my crypto holdings are in Bitshares (PTS, BTSX, BitUSD and LTS).   I am always going to have some Bitcoin (mainly from Bitcoin faucet earnings) but I will mainly use most of the bitcoin that I have to trade with it or to buy more BTSX or buy more PTS (if I can save enough BTC). 

Offline feedthemcake

• View Profile
Currently, 2/3rds in BTSX and 1/3 in BTC but I've got that third waiting to be sold into at the moment for the "all in".
Also have holdings donated to the AGS fund so I guess I have some lottoshares too.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
Question for the BitShares faithful: Is anyone still holding Bitcoin or other cryptos? Why? And if so, what percentage of your crypto assets are you holding outside of BitShares?

I sold all my junk coins for AGS and PTS. Since BTSX has come out, I realize that I've done what was once unthinkable: sold out (almost entirely) of Bitcoin. I just have nickels and dimes remaining in my BTC wallets at this point. So I would say that 99% of my crypto 'portfolio' is now in BTSX, a little BitUSD, and other BitShares commitments. Am I wrong to believe in this so strongly? I don't think so. Every dime I keep in Bitcoin is one dime that won't double, triple, or tentuple nearly as fast as it should in BitShares. Yes, there are risks, but as long as you are in crypto, risks are par for the course. I'm not interested in balancing or diversifying anymore; this is not money I need to eat or pay the mortgage. The (very realistically possible) potential rewards here vastly exceed anything else.

5 %

I would say for your part its a nice move. Mine is I have been diversifying assets . I understand your situation  so you made the right move and lets hope that eventually BTSX rises to the bitcoin level (in terms of being popular) at around $15/btsx. :) Pardon me Im just optimistic as everyone in this forum .

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Today I bought some bitBTC, so I have some BTC of kinds. I am still holding them but that is because the cover orders are not working right now... :)
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline robrigo

Question for the BitShares faithful: Is anyone still holding Bitcoin or other cryptos? Why? And if so, what percentage of your crypto assets are you holding outside of BitShares?

I sold all my junk coins for AGS and PTS. Since BTSX has come out, I realize that I've done what was once unthinkable: sold out (almost entirely) of Bitcoin. I just have nickels and dimes remaining in my BTC wallets at this point. So I would say that 99% of my crypto 'portfolio' is now in BTSX, a little BitUSD, and other BitShares commitments. Am I wrong to believe in this so strongly? I don't think so. Every dime I keep in Bitcoin is one dime that won't double, triple, or tentuple nearly as fast as it should in BitShares. Yes, there are risks, but as long as you are in crypto, risks are par for the course. I'm not interested in balancing or diversifying anymore; this is not money I need to eat or pay the mortgage. The (very realistically possible) potential rewards here vastly exceed anything else.

I am also "all in" on the BitShares ecosystem insofar as my crypto investments for the same reason. If BTC starts a rise I will hedge some but other than that, I believe in the success of the technology, team, and community emanating from BitShares. Here's to paying off my college debt (or at least a good chunk of it) on the ride to the moon.  8)

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil

I sold all my junk coins for AGS and PTS. Since BTSX has come out, I realize that I've done what was once unthinkable: sold out (almost entirely) of Bitcoin. I just have nickels and dimes remaining in my BTC wallets at this point. So I would say that 99% of my crypto 'portfolio' is now in BTSX, a little BitUSD, and other BitShares commitments. Am I wrong to believe in this so strongly? I don't think so. Every dime I keep in Bitcoin is one dime that won't double, triple, or tentuple nearly as fast as it should in BitShares. Yes, there are risks, but as long as you are in crypto, risks are par for the course. The (very realistically possible) potential rewards here vastly exceed anything else.

I only got into the crypto game in November, and since around February I've held virtually no bitcoins. I've dabbled in others, notably XCP, NXT (currently my 2nd-biggest crypto, but far behind BTSX), and the occasional small alt that caught my eye.

I haven't found anybody in crypto that understands the level of paradigm-shift that it will take to move crypto assets to the next level. I like Nxt, but the fact that they think coinoUSD is even remotely comparable to bitUSD makes me severely doubt that they have the vision to succeed.

All this to say, I don't think you're crazy. :)

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile